Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought nismo product from RHD but is OEM in nismo package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought nismo product from RHD but is OEM in nismo package?

Hi guys. Maybe someone knows something about this. A buddy bought some R32 Nismo steering rack bushings from RHD japan which came in a nismo package. Upon installation, I checked the part numbers for comparison and they were the same. Anyone know of this happening to someone else?

Nismo Part number: 54440-RS580 ($75USD)
    OEM part number: 54445-05U00 ($35USD)

The bushings were purchased from RHD japan and the package is in fact NISMO with the correct part number but the bushings have OEM part numbers on them. Did we get ripped or whaaa. It's not about the money, just the fact that I'm using the same squishy junk for nothing.
    Last edited by NismoS-tune; 02-19-2011, 06:11 PM.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, RHD strikes again? Let's just hope its Nismo being greedy, charging 100% extra for the fancy box.

Comment

lol thats what i was thinking too, 2 hits against rhd since the new year...not good, but i don't know if this is their problem.
      Originally posted by Paradis
      ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Originally posted by Tony-R32 View Post
        lol thats what i was thinking too, 2 hits against rhd since the new year...not good, but i don't know if this is their problem.
        whats the other thing?

been thinking of ordering a few smaller parts from them recently, but with news of this, maybe I'll hold off! I thought they were sponsors on this forum, someone should send them an email and give them the chance to explain right here... right Nao!
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

- Adam

:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

I've gone with Nengun a few times and they were fine but I try to stick with people I trust, not so much companies with "numbered" employees (as in you don't deal with anyone personally, just emails to the next person in line for sales).

Maybe it's a nismo issue I don't know.
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

As far as I know, nismo products are stock products/oem with very little uprating.

For example - nismo vs oem fork pivot are identical. They're claimed to Be hardened steel but as far as I could tell they're exacty the same part in different packages. And at any rate, they rarely break and oem is more than suitable. Haig from Autoworx says the same thing - he never prescribes nismo products as oem are generally the same/half price.
              Nismo clutch pedal bracket - oem clutch bracket is identical minus a strengthening support bracket and a few extra spot welds. Price is like 4x greater.

It's possible they're the same part. Nismos elevated price structure is based on a demanding market who often overlooks the quality of oem products. All parts are made in the same place, though this is true for a lot of products, these mimic and utilize the same moulds their OEM products use.

I don't think it's an RHDJap problem.. Probably just shotty nismo parts.. Energy is cheaper and seems to do the trick!
              Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 02-19-2011, 07:47 PM.
              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

And part numbers will be relatively close. It wouldn't make sense for Nissan to structure a whole different parts coding system if Nismo items mimic OEM.
                Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

i googled the pt#
                  Product Specs
                  Brand : NISMO
                  Product: Steering Gear Mount Bush Right S13 S14 R32 R33
                  Part Num: 54444-RS520
                  Specifications:
                  Part: Right Side
                  *Same materials and design as standard part; bolt-on type.*
                  seems odd that even though its the same part essentially the price
                  is doubled
                  you would think the part# on the box would match the part inside
                  Last edited by anthony; 02-19-2011, 09:54 PM.
                  understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
                  oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

definitly an issue with nismo, not rhdjapan, as they can't mess with whats inside the manufacturer's packaging

i installed the nismo steering rack bushings too, never checked the p/n though
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Aye, it would be nismo.

As for the part number, it's not 520 is 580. 54440-RS580. 520 would be the silvias and what not.

54440-RS580 AKA 54445-05U00
                      Nissan - Skyline - R32/R33 GTR - Left & Right Kit
                      US $ 75.94

54440-RS520
                      Nismo Steering Rack Bushing S13 S14
                      US $ 60.00

54445-05U00
                      Nissan Steering Rack Bushing R32/R33 GTR - Left & right kit
                      US $ $ 50.00
                      Last edited by NismoS-tune; 02-20-2011, 12:40 AM.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                        definitly an issue with nismo, not rhdjapan, as they can't mess with whats inside the manufacturer's packaging

i installed the nismo steering rack bushings too, never checked the p/n though
                        You should always check part numbers, you'd be surprised at the stuff you put on lol. I've had incorrect parts multiple times, though there would be no way to tell, where I had to send them back.

Then again, you did modify and install that bent driftworks thing
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

It could be the OEM manu. of that part for NISSAN?

When I had to do the timing belt for my van. The dealership wanted $900 in parts alone. t-belt, waterpump, etc., I found out who made the parts and bought from a parts supplier ie. napa and total amount was about $300+ tax. Same part manufactor, but a different package. Plus the manu. of those parts had a better warranty than the dealership. Same parts, but very different price/warranty overall.

However RHDjapan could've bought the oe manu part, switch the package and charged you the NISMO price vs the OE price.???
                          Last edited by starboy869; 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM.
                          Chris

Comment

Ya I trust Adam at Feast, he gets what you want and hes straight forward on all of his products
                            I would recommend him all day
                            always building .... Finally own a 1993 BNR32

Comment

Originally posted by Collector1313 View Post
                              Ya I trust Adam at Feast, he gets what you want and hes straight forward on all of his products
                              I would recommend him all day
                              He's good to deal with however the pricing was the only reason I ended up going elsewhere. So far, this is the only time I went with a company I didn't know/trust which caused this kind of problem and it won't happen again...
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X