Ceramic Coating advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdms13rhd View Post
    Have you driven with those parts yet and given it a good run. When I got my mani coated from them I had to get the highest temp stuff they got and it still peeled slightly. Maybe it was a bad prep job on my mani :S
    Not these parts but we have had other stuff coated by them and never really had any noticeable peeling.
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
    1969 Cooper S. Restored
    1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

So, a bit of a thread hijack but related.

I sent my down pipe, dumps, turbine housings, manifolds, engine covers, and intake plenum to get ceramic/ powder coated at this shop about 2 months ago. 3 weeks ago, the owner had a seizure and was off work for a weekend. He was promising to have my parts to me over a week ago and nothing.

He normally replied to emails and calls within an hour, any time, great guy to deal with really. Been over a weeks without email replies or answered/returned calls. I did a 1/2 payment to speed things up last month. So I'm guessing he's either at the hospital, incap, or even worse, dead. I don't live in Edmonton somewhat do I do? Go for a long road trip and go look? Wtf do I do? Call the cops? Please PM if someone in Edmonton would care to take a drive by and see if Theres any signs or something... I can pm the address and shop name. Located 20 mins north of west Ed mall...... Help!!!
      Last edited by Bruizer; 05-10-2011, 12:43 AM.
      No build thread.
      1991 nissan
      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

If he had a seizure he'll be off work for more than a weekend if it's his first one. He'll be in hospital having tests and probably a catscan to make sure nothing in his head is bad. His driving license will immediately be suspended and he wont get it back until 12 months has passed with no re-occurrence

Comment

Originally posted by cortexx View Post
          If he had a seizure he'll be off work for more than a weekend if it's his first one. He'll be in hospital having tests and probably a catscan to make sure nothing in his head is bad. His driving license will immediately be suspended and he wont get it back until 12 months has passed with no re-occurrence
          He was back at work after the incident for about a week before I lost contact...
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

Comment

Update for the record MARK has not followed through. Definatly not a service I will use in the future.
            You can't fix stupid.

Comment

You'd think that with the state of the economy that companies would be falling over themselves to get this kind of work, serves them right if they go out of business !

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddm View Post
                Update for the record MARK has not followed through. Definatly not a service I will use in the future.
                Mark currently has health issues and is away from work. I took the same path. My fault for going to a 1 man shop maybe. At least you got your parts back.
                No build thread.
                1991 nissan
                El terror

Comment

I need more information

Hi all,

I just registered to this forum to be able to post to this thread. My name is Janne and I'm from Finland in Europe.

I ordered custom pistons to my engine project. They was manufactured by Wössner in Germany. Then they was sent to DiamonDyze treatment to Pro SC Motorsport Mark Davidson. He answered to my e-mails very quickly and I got an e-mail from him that my pistons are ready for shipping. He charged my credit card about DiamonDyze treatment for 6 pistons.

After that I have not got any messages when I asked what company he used for shipping and why there is no shipping charge from my credit card.

If he has health issues this explains all these problems. He seems to be an nice guy and customer service was good before. Fast replies to e-mails and so on. I have even tried to call over there and phone numbers are not in use.

So please help me. What is the situation? I'm here at other side of the world than my custom pistons.

I hope that Mark is getting better and all good for him.

Kind Regards, Janne from Finland.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to send the boys around, I don't care how sick or unwell you are , if you have taken someones property and offered and charged for a service they deserve to be kept in the loop , it's the vendors responsibility to make sure they make provisions for any situation including sickness , absence evben death ...

But it seems integrity , honesty and responsibility are no longer common virtues !

Comment

Good news and bad news. I finally got my parts back by going there in person. I found the owners father who was closing up the shop. They're closing the doors and trying to return everything back to the owners. My parts were there 3 months and 3 of the 12 pieces were sandblasted. All gaskets are MIA and the nismo name plate is gone for my intake plenum which is not replaceable..... So far, I'm also out the deposit of $511 I paid.

Anyways, I'm not saying much else. The shop is closing for sure as his health is not getting better. PM and I'll get you 2 phone numbers I have for them.

PS, why did you go so far from home to get that done? They don't even do DiamonDyse I hear though they say they do. Anyway, it was a 1 man operation so that the man away.... Good luck

I went with a different shop in edmonton to finish the job and they were better from the start. Still waiting on an invoice however...

Originally posted by MM-5 View Post
                      Hi all,

I just registered to this forum to be able to post to this thread. My name is Janne and I'm from Finland in Europe.

I ordered custom pistons to my engine project. They was manufactured by Wössner in Germany. Then they was sent to DiamonDyze treatment to Pro SC Motorsport Mark Davidson. He answered to my e-mails very quickly and I got an e-mail from him that my pistons are ready for shipping. He charged my credit card about DiamonDyze treatment for 6 pistons.

After that I have not got any messages when I asked what company he used for shipping and why there is no shipping charge from my credit card.

If he has health issues this explains all these problems. He seems to be an nice guy and customer service was good before. Fast replies to e-mails and so on. I have even tried to call over there and phone numbers are not in use.

So please help me. What is the situation? I'm here at other side of the world than my custom pistons.

I hope that Mark is getting better and all good for him.

Kind Regards, Janne from Finland.
                      No build thread.
                      1991 nissan
                      El terror

Comment

heard good things about "fireballcoatings"
                        1993 GTR
                        1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by clone View Post
                          heard good things about "fireballcoatings"
                          Before all this I too "heard good things" about Pro SC.
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

Comment

Top Gun Out of Calgary is very good as well.
                            You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Bruizer you have PM. So I have maybe still luck to get my pistons back to me. But if they are not DiamonDyzed and are not ok this is no happy ending.

Those are very special two ring racing pistons custom made with many options. Pistons were very expensive and they are designed for special piston pins and Total Seal DF rings. Lateral gas ported etc. If they are DiamonDyzed like was the plan they are now completely black color (I choose black color).

It is difficult when one mans shop owner has health issues. I still hope all the best for Mark. If my pistons are really DiamonDyzed and are ok I'm happy if we can manage to get them sent here in Finland. But if they are not treated like they should I get very angry as those are not cheap or easy to get done again...

Janne
                              Last edited by MM-5; 05-31-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Update. Went with Impact coatings in edmonton. Guys were great. Should have my 12 peices back this week(end). As for the other shop, the building owner found my Nismo badge (sounds like it's missing the backing though) which he'll ship for me. Had to buy new gaskets again though which is $100 shipped... Also still no word on my $511 deposit so that's a write off for now.
                                No build thread.
                                1991 nissan
                                El terror

Comment

Working...
                                X