No announcement yet.

Winter Driving Nice Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DD the GT-Four all year, although it's considerably more adequate for winter conditions than a Skyline :P Still I don't like it being out in the Southern Ontario salt for so long. I just make sure to get it sprayed in the fall. I think if I ended up ever getting a non-AWD performance car I'd be sure to drive a beater in the winter. It's just hard to justify the extra expense when the performance car is better in snow than the beater lol.

What I have seen out in the winter:
    Porsche Carrera 4S
    Porsche 911 Turbo
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Audi R8
    Ferrari F430 Spider
    DMC Delorean (not this winter but the previous)
    Maserati Quatroporte
    BMW M3
    '70ish Dodge Charger

I'm sure there were a few more, but these were the ones I remember.
    Two winters ago in December when there wasn't snow yet, but still sub zero tempuratures I saw a 2nd gen Corvette running around too... you just want to smack people sometimes lol!

Comment

There's a guy here in London that drives his R8 all year long. He keeps it pretty damn clean, however. Only saw one or two Skylines this winter. Other than that, didn't see too many nice cars, except Porsches, which are more numerous than Civics it sometimes seems (friend and I counted 98 of them in an 8 hour time frame from London-Toronto-London.)
      Originally posted by kengeroo
      that's what I thought when I opened the package..
      ...don't drink and ebay
      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Snake556 View Post
        There's a guy here in London that drives his R8 all year long. He keeps it pretty damn clean, however. Only saw one or two Skylines this winter. Other than that, didn't see too many nice cars, except Porsches, which are more numerous than Civics it sometimes seems (friend and I counted 98 of them in an 8 hour time frame from London-Toronto-London.)
        yea, ive seen 3 or 4 r8s being winter driven this year, one of them was a woman leaving the audi dealer with new winter tires
        If you're not first you're last

Comment

Here you see lots of:

-New challengers
          -New Cameros
          -Audi TT quatro
          -350/370z

Only right hand drives you see here in the winter are toyota surfs, and the occasional GTIR. I only saw one skyline and i know a buddy drove his GT4
          Originally posted by Paradis
          ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

I wouldn't be worried about Camaros/Mustangs/Challengers. Or anything domestic, really. They're made FOR our winters, using thicker gauge metal in most cases. I'm looking at getting a 5.0 or GT500 in the future, and damn right I'm gonna winter drive it haha. Some nicer imports I may be a bit wary of driving in winter due to thinner metal, but as many members on here have proved, a good oilspray and constant washing will keep them nice!
            Originally posted by kengeroo
            that's what I thought when I opened the package..
            ...don't drink and ebay
            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Nismoist
              louis110 wrote: I drove my car all winter, and it's still in great shape. But I probably won't do it again.

JUst curious, why wouldnt you do it again?
              The car performed great and never skipped a beat, but the environment is too abusive for such an old and unique car. You can definitely maintain it well during the winter but at added cost (monetary, time, and constant worry).

Comment

Guy at my work drives a Lexus LS400hl or something for winter. Cost 100,000. Other cars include a Range Rover SC and Continental GT.
                03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

I spotted a 911 GT3 RS
                  taking an early morning cruise in Mission back in Feb.
                  Of course there was no snow. Lot's of sun.
                  Originally posted by Oakville
                  that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Working...
                  X