No announcement yet.

2 halves = 1 whole.... Uh oh!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, I know! Still got your strut bar too! You forgot to grab it last week!
    aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

Is that pic now, or in the "build thread"?

Reason I ask, is because when I built my custom frame on my truck, I used plenty of RHS to hold it together while I mocked it up.

What I'm saying is maybe the RHS is there to pin the 2 parts together while the frame is built?

It must be safe though... you think the inspection is hard on a 15 year old car coming in to Canada? Try the inspection on a hit car. Its grueling.
      -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

And you know what bravo the funny thing is that if I had some money that I could offer the guy I prolly would. Tearing it apart and putting it back together would take some time and effort but if I could do it now and make further bracing to make the chasssis more rigid for racing or whatever that would be a good thing, the way that it has been done though just wouldn't cut it.
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Id give him $4k for the car then id pull it apart and tig it back together properly. It's not unsalvagable but it sure needs pulling apart .
          You'd need new floor pans and new rocker panels from nissan. The frame rail sections can be remade and replaced, i did that on a transam i used to own.

You are looking at a hideous example here , it is not hard to make a good job of this.

I want to know how he has it registered , i bet it has a 240 vin lol .

Comment

Its already said that its registered as a kit car.... ie... new vin. Its regged as a 2008 R34 or something

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
              And you know what bravo the funny thing is that if I had some money that I could offer the guy I prolly would. Tearing it apart and putting it back together would take some time and effort but if I could do it now and make further bracing to make the chasssis more rigid for racing or whatever that would be a good thing, the way that it has been done though just wouldn't cut it.
              i see what you did there
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I'm glad someone caught that. I would still buy it though and yes cortexx I would pay more than 4 k for it. Remember a r34 motorset goes for roughly 6-7 k and the car does need work but I would be willing to get it there

Comment

And yes it is a 2008 r34 registry. The car has alot of potential if you wanna put the time and money in it.

Comment

I'd would buy it too, if it had a more realistic price tag. The thing to wonder is, did he buy it whole and have it cut in Japan and shipped to two separate friends/businesses, which would reflect the high price or is it two unrelated half cuts? If two unrelated halves the money he's asking is insane.

Cut then spliced back together, I'd pay $20,000 at the most, as the car is now only worth half of what it was at best, with the butcher job... Two unrelated half cuts, $10,000 is pushing it.

If this guy spent the money and replaced the inner and outer sills and did a proper job on the frame splice it would be worth a bit more than $20,000, but not much more.
                    Last edited by BRN32; 07-24-2011, 02:16 AM. Reason: didn't read right...
                    Originally posted by Snow
                    Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

It won't be worth crap all once the R34s are legal, as this technically isnt an R34 anymore.... Its an R34 replica.

Originally posted by BRN32 View Post
                      I'd would buy it too, if it had a more realistic price tag. The thing to wonder is, did he buy it whole and have it cut in Japan and shipped to two separate friends/businesses, which would reflect the high price or is it two unrelated half cuts? If two unrelated halves the money he's asking is insane.

Cut then spliced back together, I'd pay $20,000 at the most, as the car is now only worth half of what it was with the butcher job... Two unrelated half cuts, $10,000 is pushing it.

If this guy spent the money and replaced the inner and outer sills and did a proper job on the frame splice it would be worth a bit more for sure.

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

^
                        Um, a R34 is a R34 cut, de-vined or what ever.. A fibreglass copy on a tube frame like the AC Cobra knock-offs are kit cars!

$20,000 is a real world price to buy this "thing"right now, not the $50,000 he's asking. Wait two years and spend the 50 g's or more for an unmolested one, or pick this one up for $5000,lol.
                        Last edited by BRN32; 07-24-2011, 02:29 AM.

Comment

ok try explaining that to some buyer when the time comes....

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Sure," I bought it for $60,000 and cut it in half in Japan and welded it back together here and got it VINed as a kit car to jump through a loop hole to have one before anyone else, so yah it is a real R34 GTR. Only I'm a moron and think that it's still worth the $60,000 from the auction".

Comment

it's was actually a big problem in Japan and exported R32. many were "farmer cars" or some other major damage. Japanese have gotten pretty good at drilling out welds. most body shops can split a car in half along the chassis welds. weld two good halfs together and cover the chassis welds with factory looking sealer. for example, the door threshold joints. where the panels are welded together, sealed, and panted. if you look at about 5 or 6 R32 you can learn what normal should look like. one will have more sealer. most shops, who preform the work, get the required prefectural license. So even if it's hacked up should be safe. just not considered collectible. About 6-7 years ago there was a big push in the Tokyo/Yokohama area to clean up the getto body shops. Started to enforce required inspections and documentation on the title. I remember looking for a car in 2003. Every body shop, speed shop, small used car dealer, and gas station had a R32 on it's lot. Only 3,000-6,000 bucks! took me 10 months to find the right car without major damage. Those days are gone. Seems like most of those cars have been re-crashed, rusted out, parted out for export or exported.

Comment

personally I would have just built a tube chassis. you get the look and at the same time a stronger and lighter chassis. I guess at the time you couldn't import whole shells.

Comment

Working...
                                X