No announcement yet.

ETS Pro Upgrade for R32 GTR :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the quick reply Hozer. I have the hks ets controller so I can already switch between 2wd and 4wd and do the ratios on the fly. I am looking more at the faster response from the system as a whole. The idea of the do luck gbox is starting to grow on me. Lazy mans way lol
    Black BNR32: just checked the article out. Interesting stuff http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/...ets-tarzan-ed/

Comment

The thing that the Full Race ETS Pro allows you to do is to adjust torque split either manually, or automatically. It includes a new control unit, and a new G-sensor. While the Tarzan/Do-Luck G-Sensor are great if you want to keep the system all stock, The ETS pro goes well above and beyond that.

"Auto mode is where the ETS-PRO shines. Auto mode uses the gain knob and inputs from the g-sensor and TPS input working off the preset map to determine optimal torque split at the transfer case. Of course you can tune this map via USB, and we will offer free map updates in the future if needed, but thus far I am extremely happy with the performance and based on the track experience weve gathered have no desire to change it at this time. "

"Manual mode is a "fixed torque split". Meaning you turn the knob and it goes from fixed 0/100 (knob all the way down = RWD), turn it up a bit more and youre at 20/80, or turn it all the way UP and you can lock it at 50/50. There is no input from the G-sensor here, and it really only makes sense for dirt/off-road use or ice/snow racing. "
      Sean Morris

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
        if you get it in 2wd.. you have to turn off the car to put it back to 4wd, which kill the purpose of having a switch instantely
        Not true.
        Sean Morris

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDevilCRX View Post
          Thanks for the quick reply Hozer. I have the hks ets controller so I can already switch between 2wd and 4wd and do the ratios on the fly. I am looking more at the faster response from the system as a whole. The idea of the do luck gbox is starting to grow on me. Lazy mans way lol
          Black BNR32: just checked the article out. Interesting stuff http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/...ets-tarzan-ed/
          Definitely easier to install but ETS is way more hardcore (adjustable maps and such) that to me is worth the pain! (But I'm a nerd )
          Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
          hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
            Not true.
            if you have a swtich that toggle the 4wd fuse just like most of the TSC on the market. it will.
            Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Hey Hozer, just spoke with Raffi at Full Race, he is working out a shipping quote now. YAY!!!
              Can't wait to test how this setup will feel with the ATS carbon diffs on the track!!! .

Comment

if you have a swtich that toggle the 4wd fuse just like most of the TSC on the market. it will.
                It doesn't work in this manner. It does in fact switch on the fly

Hey Hozer, just spoke with Raffi at Full Race, he is working out a shipping quote now. YAY!!!
                Can't wait to test how this setup will feel with the ATS carbon diffs on the track!!! .
                Haha good call mate. That's gonna prove to be a deadly combo for sure!
                Last edited by hozer; 11-20-2012, 06:11 PM.
                Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Who said it does that? When you make ASS-umptions... well you often turn out incorrect.

Yes there are ghetto ways of making a GT-R rear wheel drive if you like, and there are ways that are less ghetto. All depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking to actually improve ATTESA system response, then this is the box for you.

If you have ever watched, as in stood beside it, an R32 on a dragstrip on launch, you will see it turn the tires off the line, and about 5-10 feet out, you see it start to put power to the front wheels. The system is a little slow. Works but slow. The R33, and R34 addressed this by putting a little more pre-load to the clutch pack. This is why you burn the transfer case clutches out if you pull the fuse on an R33/R34. That and the backup power supply to the ATTESA system.

This box isn't for everyone. However if you are a hardcore track guy, even a drag race guy, and don't at least think about it, you are selling yourself short. If you check out your G-sensor, and you need a new one, then that is a $1000 purchase. For about 1/2 that you can have a complete programmable box with a new G-Sensor.

I thought the Do Luck/Tarzan box sounded pretty good, until I realized the Full Race box was available. http://www.gtrusablog.com/search/label/ATTESA
                  Sean Morris

Comment

The full race box is a really good deal i will be running it on my race car next season.

Also the processing speed was increased in the attesa brain between on the r33 and up.

Comment

I've been using this http://www.gtrpwr.com/showthread.php...ht=Extreme+TSC. for about 3 seasons with lots o track use and bang for the buck I think it's great. I know it doesn't do everything the Full Race box and others can do but it's still very good IMO.

Comment

i dont track the car at all, but i need a new g sensor i believe so im just going to get this and save myself the trouble and have the extra features if down the line i decide to track it

Comment

Full-Race has stupid fast shipping. Deal is still on for $499.99 if you buy before Dec 1.
                          Only Catch is duties... to Hamilton it was an extra $71.60 so keep that bit in mind.
                          But for anyone on the fence, prices go up $200 next month

Here is some pics

Comment

Thanks alot for the discussion guys - If you have any questions on the ETS-Pro install or tuning feel free to post up here. I will do my best to help

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                              you have to keep in mind that this thing will only make a difference if you drive at the limit, you won't feel any different so unless you do track (hozer will probly love this, as i will) then its pretty much useless for street use
                              i respectfully disagree - the difference can be quite substantial for a street car. Of course if you drive like a grandma then you might not appreciate this, but anybody who has a boosted RB with proper rear LSD (even the stock rear diff reshimmed is a massive improvement) there is a huge increase in overall performance and you have the ability for controlled and articulate power-oversteer with no push. a stock R32 GTR in comparison goes from one extreme to the other very quickly

Originally posted by sb119 View Post
                              Wish it worked with a-lsd
                              It can be made to work with A-LSD, you will find better performance with a traditional clutch type rear diff however and the install is easier - thats why we say to go that route... if you really want to do this let me know and i can explain the options on how you can retain the a-lsd.

Originally posted by Black BNR32 View Post
                              Been following this too. One thing I didn't know till now is the ebrake switch for 2wd mode. That would be awesome for burnouts at the strip
                              yeah the 2wd switch is pretty fun do a big smokey burnout get the rear tires warm. then flick the switch and launch in 4wd

Originally posted by hozer View Post
                              The ETS is capable of doing this on the fly when put into "manual" mode.
                              manual or auto - it can switch from 2wd to 4wd on the fly, repeatedly. keep in mind on a rally car when you pull the ebrake the center diff must open up

Curious on which is better for autocross.
                              from my experience - after we installed this system on my race car, the very next week we won our first autocross. we had never placed better than 4th or 5th at auto-x previously (I always figured my car had too much weight in the nose from the long RB to be competitive at auto-x, did not realize my center diff control was such a drastic change)

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
                              The thing that the Full Race ETS Pro allows you to do is to adjust torque split either manually, or automatically. It includes a new control unit, and a new G-sensor. While the Tarzan/Do-Luck G-Sensor are great if you want to keep the system all stock, The ETS pro goes well above and beyond that.
                              our target was to offer a new standalone computer for the transmission that is less expensive than a bare G sensor and outperforms it
                              Last edited by FullRaceGeoff; 12-04-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

got mine super quick too
                                cant wait to get it installed

Comment

Working...
                                X