getting back into the GTR game....maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting back into the GTR game....maybe

Just thought i'd send a note to those that may remember me, i was pretty active in the community a while back. Been out of the game for a couple years, sadly i sold my GTR when i got married back in 2011 (sad yes i know). I had my R32 for 5 years and i loved every minute of it....i regret selling it.

I'm having a dilemma and could use some advice/suggestions. I really lost my shirt on my R32...impatience and a bit of stupidity on my part so I'm trying to be a bit more careful this time around. At the time i kind of swore off ever modifying or buying an older car, but a couple of weeks ago i drove an R33 and i had an ear to ear grin and remembered why i love GTR's!

I'm sort of torn between getting a 2009/10 GTR next year or grab an R34 GTR as they'll be legal in January. They'll be pretty close in price by then so its a tough call..... both are amazing machines.

For the record, the wife is not a fan of doing either....so I'll be cashing in ALL my wife points (married guys will understand what i mean) to do either one, so i gotta be smart about this. I will probably be taking out the garbage and doing dishes until i die...but worth it to own a GTR again!

thoughts?
    1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

for the price of a 09/10 R35 you could probably a fully built, or low km relativly stock R34. I"d take the R34. Good luck.

Comment

R34 for sure

Comment

R34 for sure!

Comment

r34 hands down
          Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I'd go for the newer car, more reliable than a modified r34 since its engineered.
            I pumped more money into my r32 than what an 09 costs (while using good shops) and its still going through issues. Then again ive enjoyed every minute of the 2 months driving it in the last 4 years. Lmao. It's still in pieces for retard reasons and I can't sell it not running nor can I get much of my money back parting out new parts. Yehaw. Wife hates that pos so I bought a truck to play with (full race freak-o-boost plan if anyone is curious)

I saw R35 gtr ftw

My situation is surely isolated so don't take my advice only.
            Last edited by NismoS-tune; 05-30-2013, 01:57 PM.
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

r35 is the smarter choice, but if I was in your shoes I'd try and find a clean, stock, low km r34 instead. The r35 will be faster, probably more reliable, newer (if that's something you care about), but I think it's hideous compared the the r34. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll be super happy with,
              Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

I'd say r35 for reliability but r34 for looks in my opinion.
                Originally posted by Robski
                do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

Yeah, I like the look for 34 but the price arn't worth it IMO, but I personally love the look of R34 much much more than R35

Comment

You could daily the 35 making it more responsible and practice. Downside to this is there will be no novelty when you get in the car. Cost of upgrades to an R35 are a little crazy.
                    R34 is sexier looking.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                      You could daily the 35 making it more responsible and practice. Downside to this is there will be no novelty when you get in the car. Cost of upgrades to an R35 are a little crazy.
                      R34 is sexier looking.
                      Saw Mines SS brake lines for R35 yesterday... $1000.

For? The description said they used (coated) mild carbon steel blocks instead of brass or aluminium. Woopdeedoo.

Edit: $1100+ship, my bad.
                      Last edited by MarusGTR; 05-30-2013, 10:05 PM.
                      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I think I may have your old car! Did you by chance trade it in at a dealer in Milton?

Comment

going back 2back to cali def r34 r 35 cant not compare year its newer with better techs but will never b the same feeling man everytime i jump in my my r32 i have big smile in my face i own that thing for 4 years now still have that jap smell lol..

Comment

Originally posted by R32moneypit View Post
                            I think I may have your old car! Did you by chance trade it in at a dealer in Milton?
                            Yes i did....when i got my 2011 genesis 3.8.

btw the car had been sitting for over a year, not in the greatest condition. i knew it needed work when i parted it so i let it go for very cheap to the dealer (lost my shirt on it). I actually got it off Mitch from JDM imports back in 2006. it was his show car and won 2nd place at importfest that year, but he detuned it when he gave it to me, and over the years i kept finding areas where he rushed and didn't do things properly. i wasn't in the same financial position i am now so sadly it wasn't where i wanted it to be. Every damn year something would break and deter me from building it the way i wanted to. had i not spent 40k to get married, that car was going in for a full overhaul. Hence why i'm a bit off put by older cars now. That 4th gear synchro problem was there from the day i got it...not my fault. Judging by your youtube video, it looks like it went to a good home! But your right, the car is a moneypit!

i appreciate everyone's input, i'm still torn. i concur i am really addicted to the RB sound and the look....but the 35 is an impressive machine and i do want something more reliable. The genesis just isn't cutting it for me anymore.

I still have some left over parts for that car lying around my parents garage...veilside front lip (had a chunk torn off thanks to the 401...can be fixed). Also an electric rad fan and a set of 4 mismatched rims with all seaons. If anyone wants them, just pm me...they're just collecting dust.
                            Last edited by shaz10; 05-31-2013, 12:40 AM.
                            1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

Why not save a heap of money and just get another R32? If you want nice and orig. and stock you only need to spend about $20-25k for a mint show queen (read, future collectable).
                              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X