No announcement yet.

getting back into the GTR game....maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true, i thought about that. i dunno i want something different, been there done that. Time to move on to the next thing...i thought about an R33, but i never really loved the look of it. the 34 is iconic...badass. But the 35 is on another level, but its a 3.8 so i view that as cheating lol. Plus the sound of the RB was legendary....sigh i miss driving one especially on a beautiful day like today.
    1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

I would go with the R35. I recently sold my R32 GTR and I'm still kicking myself in the ass, but looking at the new GTR's I'm sold. I'm tired of constantly having to fix someone else's "beater" if you will. Don't get me wrong, still love the oldschool cars but technology is wonderful.
      1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

$40k wedding? Haha nuts. We spent 12k, then went to Dominican republic for 3 weeks the bought a few more vehicles. All for less than $40k
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Who likes paddle shifting.... Get an r34

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
            $40k wedding? Haha nuts. We spent 12k, then went to Dominican republic for 3 weeks the bought a few more vehicles. All for less than $40k
            Welcome to being east indian....not cheap.

Ya i'm not a huge paddle shifting fan, but the only plus is that the wife can't drive stick so in theory she could drive a new GTR. But i dunno i think i'm leaning towards an R34....just if i get a lemon i'll be pissed. i don't wanna constantly be fixing stuff that breaks. I had planned to do big things on my old R32...-5's and a bunch of others but every time i had the money something else broke or i found that someone prior to me cut a corner and i had to fix it.

then again the 09/10 GTR's are now starting to be finished on the warranty side, and i wouldn't want to pay to replace one of those tranny's that are prone to breaking, easy way to drop 20k.
            1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

I'd say r35 for reliability. The costs of modding would be a LOT higher on the R35 then the GTR34.

Comment

R35's are 0-60 is what, 2.9 seconds? Why modify.

R34's are cool yes but won't be cheaper for long.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

R34 GTR.
                  Last edited by Nvdgtr; 06-07-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

You are asking for the opinions of the converted here. Go to nagtroc and the advice will be the exact opposite.

I've owned the 32, 33 and now the 35, so ill give you some real world advice.

If you like the looks, which is completely objective, buy whichever one turns you on. I love the look of the 34, but its really not much different from older GTRs. Nissan was cash strapped when it made the 34, they basically dressed up the 33 and released it. 32 was the groundbreaker, 33 addressed all of the 32's shortcomings (still hold the nurburgring record for RB'd GTRs) but the 34 was just a mild evolution of the 33. People always love the cars they grew up being influenced by so for the current import loving generation it's the Gran Turismo/ F&F halo car... R34. Buy it if you love it. Obviously i love all GTRs, including the older ones. Personally I'm torn between picking up a R32 to use on the track or a R34 for another fun summer car, just to round out my car ownership history. If I do get a R34 it will probably be babied since as you know, these cars break and are a pita sometimes.

The R35 is a totally different animal. It's built differently, attracts different people, and because its so new and still a premium car (it's market competitors are all over $75K at least) you can expect to pay a premium for parts if you want to play with it. Luckily the "GTR tax" is dropping as new options are available. It was just a few short years ago you paid $8K for a HKS GT570 kit that does what $3k will do now from an American outfit like Switzer or SBD. It's natural. Still, new parts from places like Mines or Top Secret will scare ya. I'm looking at a Mines wing...this is just an add on piece on top of the oem wing...$3K!!

What the 35 will give you is world class performance, state of the art technology and enough thumbs up and stares from the general public to make it a hazard to drive everyday . The car doesn't need anything out of the box. All the comments about paddle shifts are from the ignorant who don't know what it's like to drive such a fine machine. The car takes well to mods too. Simple plumbing (intake, exhaust, midpipe), injectors and fuel pump and a Cobb tune will get you into the 600hp zone safely. Get the latest launch control software uploaded via Cobb and all the BS about trannies go out the window. Just pick one up from an old guy who's never launched it or tracked it and you're golden.

Come see me at Skymeet, I'll take you out for a spin. I've posted about the meet on nagtroc so there should be a very nice turnout of 35's this year.

Cheers,
                    JZ

For your consideration:

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Nice pic^^
                      I've driven 32s a 33 and a 34l but didn't see a huge difference under normal conditions (track would reveal the subtle nuances I'm sure) and I really like them of course so to be honest I support what JZ says. Buy the one that makes you feel all gooey inside and you won't go wrong.
                      The R35 although I didn't drive it, I was a passenger in a 12 Black edition with a tune and some bolt ons and it was life changing. No other car will ever feel fast again. It's a no BS machine and it's insane.
                      That same car at our last time attack did a 1:14.8. That beats my last FTD by 4 seconds!

Comment

R32 is still my favorite... I just like the idea of building something remarkable out of an aging but solid platform, being a working class hero, beating the odds. The car just invokes some golden age of racing feeling, back when 200mph was rare. R35 isn't for me, just like a Bugatti Veyron isn't either. I think I'm just too understated, I wouldn't fit with a "look at me" car because I want to grab the attention of people that can admire my work and passion not my paycheque, the latter which the R35 is being often associated with.

Then again, I don't have any guts behind the wheel since I'm always worried my GTR falling apart on my lack of income, girls don't bat an eye to me and kids are starting to roll with slammed R32 GTR for status. Maybe I'll change my tune someday.
                        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
                          R32 is still my favorite... I just like the idea of building something remarkable out of an aging but solid platform, being a working class hero, beating the odds. The car just invokes some golden age of racing feeling, back when 200mph was rare. R35 isn't for me, just like a Bugatti Veyron isn't either. I think I'm just too understated, I wouldn't fit with a "look at me" car because I want to grab the attention of people that can admire my work and passion not my paycheque, the latter which the R35 is being often associated with.

Then again, I don't have any guts behind the wheel since I'm always worried my GTR falling apart on my lack of income, girls don't bat an eye to me and kids are starting to roll with slammed R32 GTR for status. Maybe I'll change my tune someday.
                          Took the words right outta my mouth.
                          R32 started it all...AKA Godzilla. Come on now!!

Comparing R32/3/4 to the new R35 isn't really the same thing. Two different worlds, lifestyles, hobbies, whatever.. IMHO.
                          If you got the coin and are "allowed", go for it! ;-)

Rick
                          '89 GTST - SOLD
                          '92 GTR
                          '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                          '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                          X