Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion of Sean Morris of International Vehicle Imports (I.V.I.) Motorex

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion of Sean Morris of International Vehicle Imports (I.V.I.) Motorex

I hate getting screwed, or seeing others getting screwed. I was an advocate for injured workers fighting W.C.B. for 15 years. If you have the time, please follow the link to a thread on NicoClub forums, and leave your comments on Sean Morris (AKA Tyndago) formerly involved with Motorex.
    Thanks for your input!

Play nicely out there!!

There's no buisness like GO biusness

Whenever I read "Motorex" I see problems. And interesting stories... But mostly problems.

Comment

I wasn't even going to reply to this because I am usually pretty good at keeping my mouth shut. Let me preface this saying I am not trying to be hostile, or attack you. Just stating how it looks to me.

In the other thread I see accusations with no evidence presented. It simply looks like a personal attack to me. Even if he were to buy every single Nismo R32 and sell it for a profit, it's not against any law I'm aware of to do so. People do it with houses and other things all the time.

I do not know him and have never had any correspondence with him. However from what I've seen he's done a lot of positive things for the community in the USA and abroad. I've learned a lot from his websites and posts.
      Last edited by aaronisonfire; 04-04-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Sean has helped the US Skyline community immensely over the years.
        So what if HE figured out a way to do it LEGALLY, and wants to bring some in to sell?
        I'd say he should be thanked, because unless he hid it well he never had anything to do with all the illegally "state titled" car ********.
        Seems to be one of the only guys searching for a legal way when others didn't.
        Have you ever even read any of his articles or blog??
        Extremely knowledgeable on these cars.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
        '89 GTST - SOLD
        '92 GTR
        '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
        '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by R32D2 View Post
          I hate getting screwed, or seeing others getting screwed. I was an advocate for injured workers fighting W.C.B. for 15 years. If you have the time, please follow the link to a thread on NicoClub forums, and leave your comments on Sean Morris (AKA Tyndago) formerly involved with Motorex.
          Thanks for your input!

Play nicely out there!!

http://forums.nicoclub.com/canadian-...n-t581831.html
          It's ok, I'll attack you.

get the **** outta here with your bitch ass drama
          oh hai!

Comment

Thanks for your input!

Play nicely out there!!

http://forums.nicoclub.com/canadian-...n-t581831.html
            Be gone man, your embarrassing comments make Canadians look bad.

Also I own two skylines in alberta, ..... guess what neither of them have rust. I don't drive them all year round.
            Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

God this is sad. Sean Morris has done so much for the skyline community and you have children like this who dont know their **** from their ass hole try and dirty his name. Its really just sad. i guess there isnt a whole lot going on the island and this is how you stay entertained
              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

My .2 worth.
                I had the pleasure of speaking to a gentleman in San Fransisco a few weeks back who had an issue with his GTR and Sean Morris came up.
                The person I spoke to had nothing but great things to say about Sean, how helpful he is and passionate he is about the Skyline community.

Comment

He's not bringing in a "pile" of cars under the "show/display" umbrella either, once the come in that way, they will always be that way (ie: never can drive on the road). The only way that might go around that is to export the car to Canada and then re-import it once it is 25 years old. That MIGHT work....

Jon.
                  Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Show and display allows 2500 miles/year. And if im not mistaken, they CAN be driven normally once 25 years is reached.
                    It's different than the regular show or parts car rule for cars under 25 years.
                    Im sure Sean could confirm.

'89 GTST - SOLD
                    '92 GTR

Comment

The letter that was posted in NICO is for cars that are not yet 25 years old and can be imported for show only...never registerwd or driven on a public hiway....ever.

Although...it does mention something about emissions testing in the letter so it may be a modified version of that. Even so...once it is imported as such, it can never become the same as a car that was imported AFTER it became 25 years old.
                      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

That's similar to our show/track only rule for cars under 15 yrs.
                        This is a different clause for "special or limited edition" cars, which is why it's the nismo versions only.
                        Otherwise ANY cars under 25 would be ok, kinda defeating the purpose.
                        I'll try to find a link to the info...pretty sure Sean posted it somewhere.

'89 GTST - SOLD
                        '92 GTR

Comment

I can't for the life of me understand what the point of this thread is.
                          Sean has done countless good work to promote and encourage LEGAL importation of Skylines to the USA. There is no one else in the US who can come close to doing what he has done.
                          He also always takes time to answer peoples questions, on this forum and others, even if it is the 4000th time someone asks what spark plugs to use in the RB26.
                          Great guy in my books.
                          Last edited by Daryl @ RightDrive; 04-05-2014, 03:16 PM.
                          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

OK, I guess the guy should be nominated for Saint Hood. When I put my GTR up on Ebay, he was by far the highest bidder, and engaged in a bidding war against 3 others. It was bid up well beyond the reserve within 11 hours. Emails from the others begged me not to sell it to Tyndago, so I pulled it out of the auction because I felt the bids he made were unrealistic. I sold it privately for less than Sean's bid.
                            So you may think, what is wrong with a guy who buys and sells after he drives up the price, free enterprise, right?
                            Thank you ALL for your input.
                            There's no buisness like GO biusness

Comment

OK, I guess the guy should be nominated for Saint Hood. When I put my GTR up on Ebay, he was by far the highest bidder, and engaged in a bidding war against 3 others. It was bid up well beyond the reserve within 11 hours. Emails from the others begged me not to sell it to Tyndago, so I pulled it out of the auction because I felt the bids he made were unrealistic. I sold it privately for less than Sean's bid.
                              So you may think, what is wrong with a guy who buys and sells after he drives up the price, free enterprise, right?
                              Thank you ALL for your input.
                              Ok...I am going to prevent you from deleting this once you wise up. That is the dumbest reason for ending an auction early. I dont know what happened to you in the past but this is truely marterdom for reasons that NO-ONE is going to understand. I am actually still shaking my head as I type this.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X