Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion of Sean Morris of International Vehicle Imports (I.V.I.) Motorex

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, you wanted to make LESS money from the sale? Because other people (who were after the same item) emailed you not to?

And why wouldn't he pay for it? He's a rather visible member of the Skyline community.

Comment

Sean is a GTRC OG before GTRC was even a forum. This thread is dumb.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

I'm almost tempted to lock and sticky it, just as an example of how dumb some people can get.
        Nick

Comment

Hi.

I am Sean Morris.

Do not demonize me.

I am not looking to screw anyone over. I am looking to capitalize on an opportunity. 10 years ago, Canada got it first 15 year old Skylines. At that point, I had 5 years experience with the cars, and I gladly shared it here, and lots of other places.

Freely shared it. Freely shared my knowledge of these cars. Here, UK, Australia. Go ahead, look me up.

See how much I have put into this community. See how much I have put into the GT-R community around the world. Sure I have made money doing it, but is there anything wrong with making your passion, your job? I am by no means rich, but my wife works, and I honestly swing two jobs, plus blogging. I have been saving money for many years, and now is the time for me to spend some of it.

So you had a car for sale on ebay.

It was TH1 blue. What I consider a rare color. We joke that 50% of the cars are gunmetal.

You were west coast of Canada. Closer to where I am.

Car is landed in North America.

You said it was a nice car.

So you know what I did, I put a good bid in on it. I think it will be around a 20k car in the US in the early part of the year. In 2015 it won't be worth as much. However in 2014 people will want it.

It is supply and demand. I will not make 100% off a car. I might make a few thousand dollars. There are costs in buying, shipping, clearing a car.

When I bought my NISMO #500. I paid at 79 yen to a dollar. I paid a lot for the car, because it was #500. It came in December 2012. Since then I have been enjoying the car. http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/12/s...ines-into-the/

Lots of people talk about what they are going to do, I do it. I get it done. If you hate me for that, then be it. But seriously, I am no flash in the pan guy looking to make a buck. I have been doing this for 15 years.
          Sean Morris

Comment

Originally posted by EMAGDNIM View Post
            Wait, you wanted to make LESS money from the sale? Because other people (who were after the same item) emailed you not to?

And why wouldn't he pay for it? He's a rather visible member of the Skyline community.
            He had a TH1 blue R32. Kind of a rare color. I think its worth about 20k. I think I bid up to about 16k on it. Couple grand more to get it here.
            Sean Morris

Comment

Originally posted by R32D2 View Post
              OK, I guess the guy should be nominated for Saint Hood. When I put my GTR up on Ebay, he was by far the highest bidder, and engaged in a bidding war against 3 others. It was bid up well beyond the reserve within 11 hours. Emails from the others begged me not to sell it to Tyndago, so I pulled it out of the auction because I felt the bids he made were unrealistic. I sold it privately for less than Sean's bid.
              So you may think, what is wrong with a guy who buys and sells after he drives up the price, free enterprise, right?
              Thank you ALL for your input.
              You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

You sold it to someone for less money who's just going to flip it and make a profit. The only person who loses in this scenario is you.

Sean's a great guy. He helped me solve hard tech problems that come with building a 600+ HP GTR because nobody in canada knew what they were talking about. For free. Because he likes the damn cars and supports the community.
              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

classic

Comment

This is how seriously I take this guy. He doesn't get it. He will never get it. Here is me, in a Godzilla suit, flipping off the haters.

Here is my Show or Display approval on the NISMO R32. Something that you said, someone could get on your "regular" GT-R. Why are you giving people false information?

"I have a home shop with a hoist, and you or your agents are welcome to come and fully inspect this exceptionally clean driving machine. If you have any further questions, I’d be happy to answer them. For the successful bidder, I will do whatever I can to help you with the import process of having a U.S Customs Brokerage inspect the vehicle at a U.S. Port of Entry ( I’ve done this before), and with your shipping needs if necessary .This vehicle can be imported NOW for Show or Display uses, provided it is not driven more than 2,500 miles per year, or if it is used for off road/track racing only, until December 2014 when it can be licensed as a 25 year old vehicle. It is located close to Seattle Washington. There are three ferries that will get you here. I am a retired senior, and able to help with your transportation needs. Word on the forums is that the price of these cars will soon skyrocket, so it is also a sound investment."

Last edited by tyndago; 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM.
                  Sean Morris

Comment

Sean - From all the true passionate skyline enthusiasts, I would like to THANK YOU for doing all you have for our community.

I have not only just bookmarked things you have written, but have them downloaded onto a separate flash drive. I find your info that valuable.

I wish I could shake your hand in thanks, that wont happen so please take this as my handshake.

And, to all those that have any hate for Sean. You are not truly passionate about our cars, or you woulda came across lots of info that Sean is responsible for.

Comment

Stopping by to say that Sean has been a contributor to TheSkylife and to the global community for longer than pretty much anyone else has even managed stick around - he's been around so long because he's the only guy willing to put in that much work, to be so thorough that he can speak with authority and confidence on the ins and outs of importing to the USA. In my experience, I have seen many a tool try to chip Sean's armor, never to any avail - when the evidence hits the fan you'll see who's the last man standing.
                      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Wait what? Mindblown.

Sean Morris is what you call a subject matter expert. He's probably done more for the community than anyone else COMBINED. I'm sad that I will most likely never get to meet him.

Please keep the trash talk where it belongs: in the trash.
                        Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM.
                        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

The really stupid thing is that the "Show and Display" permission to bring in a car that is less than 25 years old thing that he mentions doesnt even apply to his car because in the eyes of US Customs the car is already 25 years old. Any car registered in Canada is a model year only in date...no month/day distinction like a car being imported directly from Japan.

There must be something in the water in Cobble Hill, there is a place there that deals with old Chevys called The Tin Man, and he was a bit of an oddnick too.

Jon.
                          Last edited by Dragon Humper; 04-07-2014, 02:48 PM.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Sean helped me as well with my R32 GTR when I had it for a short time. He provided plenty of Skyline troubleshooting and shared his knowledge on FreshAlloy when it was more active. (I have also bought a few sets of wheels from VR Motoring not sure if you involved with VR.)

He is definitely a SME when it comes to Skylines and all the power to him if he wants to make money on them.

I understand people get attached to their cars and want them to go to a good home and not be flipped. However, you never really know what the next owner is going to do with it. You may as well sell to the highest bid from a legitimate buyer. Tyndago is definitely legit.
                            89 Nissan Skyline GTR SOLD
                            02 Infiniti Q45
                            00 Acura 3.5 RL

Comment

Well thanks everyone. I want to try and make a business out of my passion. The guys that have been around a long time, should know its a passion for me. From Skylinesdownunder to GTR UK. From working on the movie cars, to racing in World Challenge, I have done a lot with the cars. Its not about the money, its about the car.

At Buttonwillow in my NISMO R32, hitting curbs, and watching the body roll on stock suspension.

Sean Morris

Comment

An R32 at Buttonwillow... Awesome and no doubt a first!
                                I'm heading to Watkins Glen next week and I'm pretty confident it will be the the first time a Skyline has been on that track too.

Comment

Working...
                                X