People that don't know anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People that don't know anything.

So I was at work today and I overheard a conversation between two of my co-workers involving Skylines, so naturally I became very interested and listened carefully.

It was actually quite hilarious, one of them was telling the other how his girlfriends dad owned a new 2005 Skyline, and that he put about $15,000 into it lol, "including NOS and everything". And that he spent a total of $40,000 on everything together. :roll:

I was debating getting into the conversation and telling him everything he just said makes no sense however he is one of those people that will turn it all around somehow to make themself right, so there was no point.

Just had to vent a bit

Anyone else have similar stories about people who say crap about Skylines but actually have no idea what they are talking about?
    \"Check out that skyline!\" - \"No, that\'s an impala\" - \"...Yeah I know, I was just testing you\"

I can top that. I was at a cabin party at a lake. The DJ there was apparently telling people the Skyline out front was a "Fake". Naturally since he didn't know me nor know it was my car I played along.

I explained how much detail they had gone to to get the skyline engraving in the metal on the back. Get the exact body shape. Drop the correct engine in.

Then finally after not being able to take it anymore i told him he was a ******* moron. How do you fake a Stock body GTS-T?

Naturally the rest of the night i went around asking if people had seen the fake skyline just to rub it in a little.
    Z33 Convert...

Comment

Someone told me a new Skyline transmission was 6,000 dollars. Posts here too! But I forgive em' now.

Also heard someone say that Skyline's weren't under-rated in HP, but rathe rover-rated and dyno'd around 240 max. Posts here too! I still forgive em'

Worst ever though, kids on a large forum I post on, in the Auto section, think Skyline's are shitty, over-rated, not worth the money and can't compare to Evo's!

Comment

siggy.
        \"i\'ve just got a questiion about the rb26dett engines. they\'re I-6\'s right, because everybody says the 6th cylinder always runs lean, but is it a 6cylinder?\" - reality_V2

Comment

Overheard this morning between two dock employees while getting my GT-R "these Skylines are only for street racing, they should be banned from importing them, customs said they are going to stop them next year" incidentally, I think it would cut down a lot more on street racing if they banned Civics from the road :P
          1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
          ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

"Hey, I heard you can get 700hp just by plugging it into a computer."

"So, what is a Skyline called in Canada?" Me: "A Skyline." WTF
            1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
            www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

You guys will like this one.

I'm with my buddy Cam in Saskatoon with his Supra and a GTR. We're parked. This guy walks up, checks out the Supra/GTR inside and out. Nice guy, says hello and all then asks:

"Right hand drive?"

:roll:

Comment

people that rebadge a G35 into Skyline and tell everyone they own a genuine Skyline (which is probably the case with the guy saying he has a 2005 Skyline)
                VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

Originally posted by Marke
                  "Hey, I heard you can get 700hp just by plugging it into a computer."
                  At a recent car show some guy walked up and said
                  "Look at this ******* car!" Then noticed me watching him and asked if I was the owner. I said yes and he proceeded with "I heard you can hook these up to a computer and get like, uhhh... fifteen hundred horsepower."
                  I just smiled and said "Yeah, about that."
                  Dan Hofman
                  DnA Garage - the performance gene
                  www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

a guy at my school bought a GTS-T bone stock...I asked him after a conversation how much he paid and told me really proudly 18000$ .....

and another guy at my work place...I told him that I would buy a skyline he was like ho yea cool...then told (in my back) that I talk shited since it was impossible to own one here...you can be sure he wont have a ride when I will recive it....

and the last....a guy at the club told me really randomly that he could import a r34 and sell it to me I told hom that he cant and why he cant...he told me that I knew nothing and he said he could get me one for like 15000....I belive he had lots of boose in his body.......

Comment

I worked with a real lug of a guy a few months ago, he was about as bright as a solar eclipse, this was of course before my skyline arrived.

"My friend says you can't be getting a skyline because they are 500hp stock."
                      91 GTST Type M

Comment

What are you guys talking about? Clearly people who don't own the car know ALOT more than the people that actually own it.
                        I've had enough people telling me that I'm wrong, and don't know what I'm talking about.

'mint skylines only cost 15k'
                        'skylines all have 500hp after exhaust mods'
                        'my friend has a 96 skyline with 600hp, but he doesnt take it out much'
                        'cars only have to be 10yrs old to import them'
                        'yeah im gonna buy one of these in a few weeks when i sell my tercel'
                        'the goverment are actually making these cars illegal at the end of the summer, so u better sell it fast'

Comment

After a guy with a GTS-T left

Me : Wow, nice car
                          RSX guy : Really, who would want a Skyline, there so old
                          Me : Ummm, don't expect to ever see a brand new Skyline in Canada

That was before they announced the new Skyline, of course a year before that, he said his next car was going to be a Skyline :roll:

Another time

Camaro guy : Dude, GTR's are only like 11,000 dollars
                          Me : Yeah, for a pile of scrap with a blown engine

Comment

I remember some guy came up to Neal's car at a meet and was like "nice car, is that the African model?" Or something to that effect anyway...

Comment

I had a guy looking at my car ( I was standing a little ways away just keeping an eye on him) and out of no where he just starts laughing and tells his friends its a fake and that its been converted from left hand drive to RHD. I just shook my head, walked over...got in and drove away. they just stared in awwwwwww :P
                              your driving on the wrong side of the car.....no im not im on the rightside....dumb a$$

Comment

Working...
                              X