No announcement yet.

People that don't know anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told one of the kids at work that I was buying a boost controller so I could run more boost. His eyes lit up and he said "YOU HAVE NITROUS?!?!?!"
    Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

• i told one guy i had twin hks ssqv's and he said u have nos? lol denno who filled his head with that but the thought blow off valve meant NOS! lol

Comment

• what really kills me are the kills that run bovs on 97 accords, all the kids start wetting themselves wondering what it runs on the 1/4
        Last edited by Oakville; 03-18-2011, 11:12 AM.
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• lol one of my friends tells me how she knows alot about imports becuase her friend has a rhd toyota mr2.

she thinks my bov is nitrous but i dont say anything and then she;s like your probably surprised that i know this much about cars.

im just like yup and smile realy awkwardly.

the first time i just about laughed though, her ex boyfriend had a eclipse with a purge kit on it. had it jetting out the side haha

Comment

• Originally posted by love_boost View Post
            lol one of my friends tells me how she knows alot about imports becuase her friend has a rhd toyota mr2.

she thinks my bov is nitrous but i dont say anything and then she;s like your probably surprised that i know this much about cars.

the first time i just about laughed though, her ex boyfriend had a eclipse with a purge kit on it. had it jetting out the side haha
            Well, in that case, the car isnt fresh off the boat but the ex bf is. lol whoever puts a purge kit on an eclipse definately has played too much need for speed underground 2

good game btw, but i must have been 13 when I was playing that.
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Purge out the side >< what a waste of all that cold goodness!

Purge onto the Intercooler

Comment

• One day, Soup and I were outside of my house working on his gts4. My neighbor decided to come out and have a conversation with us. He asked us a few dumb questions, but we responded maturely. Then he started telling us how he has a 300zx, only its a single turbo. I asked him if he found some kind of single turbo kit for the N/A 300, seeing as they only came in N/A or twin. He responded with: "No, it came like that". Then he hopped in his beat up Ford Probe and drove away.
                Current Garage:
                91 gts-t (rb25)
                91 corolla sr5

Comment

• Originally posted by jodett View Post
                  One day, Soup and I were outside of my house working on his gts4. My neighbor decided to come out and have a conversation with us. He asked us a few dumb questions, but we responded maturely. Then he started telling us how he has a 300zx, only its a single turbo. I asked him if he found some kind of single turbo kit for the N/A 300, seeing as they only came in N/A or twin. He responded with: "No, it came like that". Then he hopped in his beat up Ford Probe and drove away.
                  Wasn't the previous gen Z (80's - Z31) available in single turbo? Maybe this is what he meant?

'89 GTST - SOLD
                  '92 GTR
                  '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                  '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

• I stalled my GTR once at a red light when I was first getting used to driving it. I didn't think it was a big deal but some guy that went to my highschool, who i dont know very well, posted a Facebook status saying that I don't deserve my car. A bunch of other guys were commenting on it saying "she doesn't know **** about her car" etc. I couldn't believe it, none of them know a thing about me. I love my car and I can gaurantee you I know more about it then they do. What's more annoying is the guy who initially posted the status ows a hatchback civic that he basically drove into the ground.

I had an older lady stop and ask me a bunch of questions about my car when I parked at work last week, I thought it was really sweet! The only questions I can see bothering me I when people are being disrespectful or just down right stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by love_boost View Post
                      lol one of my friends tells me how she knows alot about imports becuase her friend has a rhd toyota mr2.

I've got a friend like that. She always tells me how she knows so much about cars because her bf has a wrx sti (pretty nice one too). She'll tell me all about how she saw an S15 the other day, and then say "I bet you didn't know I even knew what that was!" I just do the same as you and smile and nod.
                      Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desiree View Post
                        I stalled my GTR once at a red light when I was first getting used to driving it. I didn't think it was a big deal but some guy that went to my highschool, who i dont know very well, posted a Facebook status saying that I don't deserve my car. A bunch of other guys were commenting on it saying "she doesn't know **** about her car" etc. I couldn't believe it, none of them know a thing about me. I love my car and I can gaurantee you I know more about it then they do. What's more annoying is the guy who initially posted the status ows a hatchback civic that he basically drove into the ground.

I had an older lady stop and ask me a bunch of questions about my car when I parked at work last week, I thought it was really sweet! The only questions I can see bothering me I when people are being disrespectful or just down right stupid.

You`re getting s*it from others because they`re jealous. Also, you`re a girl, and that doesn`t help. As long as you paid for your own car, then you earned it.

PS. Holy thread revival!
                        Last edited by QuietChaos; 03-16-2011, 09:28 PM.
                        03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

• Originally posted by A18 View Post
                          I told one of the kids at work that I was buying a boost controller so I could run more boost. His eyes lit up and he said "YOU HAVE NITROUS?!?!?!"
                          And you don't know what an tweeter-mag is without googling or looking it up and you have a turbo. Not everyone knows everything about car stuff.

I'm an industrial controls electrician and if I said: Most generators operate by the "relative motion of conductors and fluxes where on the other hand, the Retro-Encabulator is said to use the "modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive directance". I can see the look on your face funny to me.
                          Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-16-2011, 09:39 PM.
                          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

• Aaaaaaah ya franc I wouldn't know what to say to that except for could you please repeat yourself but in English lol.
                            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• when people ask if its right hand drive just still makes me laugh to this day

Comment

• yeah but franc, theres a big difference between knowledge specific to your profession and common knowledge for car enthusiasts

i could bring up engineering stuff and most's nose would bleed..
                                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
                                X