No announcement yet.

People that don't know anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing that bugs me the most is people claiming all these stats that they pull out of nowhere.

For example:

I know a guy who has an SR20 swapped into a Sentra. He wants to race my gts-t because he wants to see what "its got".

He's claiming to be pushing 300 hp, and said that my gts-t should be around the same. It's not that I doubt his car has 300 hp, because honestly I have no idea what is done to it. But he thought the RB20 put out 250 hp from the factory and since I have a 3" turbo back exhaust, I should be pushing 300 as well.

I'm just thinking "Really? An extra 50 hp from an exhaust system? That'd be nice"

It just makes me feel his claim of having 300 hp is more of an uneducated guess. I mean if he thinks an exhaust can boost hp that much, his car probably has a lot less then he thinks.

But I get people all the time saying they want to race because their car is pushing so and so horse power because they have an intake and exhaust.

Maybe that's just people from my city. It's all "yo I wanna race that Skyline! That thing is hairy man!"

"Ok, you go on green, and I'll watch you get your car taken away for street racing"

Some peoples kids...
    Last edited by Jezu21; 03-16-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Hahaha people do that all the time here! They are idiots man. Except now it's just common for me getting upset about it I flip them the bird and all of a sudden I am satisfied with the way everything went. Some people are working hard enough to eventually one day own a nice car, the rest of them are either dreamers or posers. Not hard to deferenciate who is who.
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
        yeah but franc, theres a big difference between knowledge specific to your profession and common knowledge for car enthusiasts

i could bring up engineering stuff and most's nose would bleed..
        Oh course it's all different when it comes to profesion specific knowledge but knowing if a skyline is RHD, turbo, twin or rotary is also not common knowledge. I guess a light bulb should be common knowledge then, would a light bulb work properly if the wires are inversed (not polarity sensitive)?
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

• you know what pisses me off?

its people that buy parts only to change from their stock parts (so their car is more modified) blantantly without knowing **** about what theyre buying,

then they ask stupid questions about what they just bought, which they could easily find the answers to with a bit of googling

and when they figure out they can't actually use this ****, they put it back up for sale saying the part is the absolute best there is, while giving the least amount of info about compatibility,

and those people sell old used parts at 75% the value it is brand new, always stating thats its worth (when its new, in box, with warranty) and setting up the price at that 75% saying its a bargain

and then after a couple days their parts havent sold, they insult buyers by saying that its such a good deal that people are stupid for not buying it

and when people ask questions, they are super arrogant about it, saying that they are stupid for not knowing (when themselves asked the same questions, but after having bought the parts)

those people just keep modifiying their cars like its an addiction without an actual goal, even if it gets retarded, they'll change bolts just because the new ones are aftermarket and ''better''

and they keep talking about how their car is so awesome, so quick, so good in the corners, but never acutally drive the car hard at all, never go to the track and ****, and have been driving with the same shitty tires for the last 3 summers, saying those tires are TEH best

those people make no money but still find a way to spend it all on useless ****

and the worst is when they start smack-talking, comparing their setup to other people, saying that with the same setup they would make tons more power (somehow)

/rant
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• wow someone needs some ice cream and a pony ride

Comment

• Originally posted by Jezu21 View Post
              But I get people all the time saying they want to race because their car is pushing so and so horse power because they have an intake and exhaust.

Maybe that's just people from my city.
              lol this is every honda civic in winnipeg, MB. We have to be the civic wannabe capitol of the world. They all have a boot leg jimmy rigged air intake using pvc piping and a ractive cone, while claiming to have "their exhaust done" when it's clearly just a Can Tire muffler or "performance" muffler.

I'm not bashing civics, my closest buddy has a really nice '10 civic, I like it alot, but it seems every second person here thinks they are pushing over 200 hp in their rusted through 89-02 civic becuase they've spent 50 dollars on it. Unfortunatly winnipegers think that their civics are the end all be all of motor vehicles, when in actuality there are about 10 that are actually clean and properly built!
              Originally posted by Paradis
              ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

• Originally posted by kengeroo View Post
                wow someone needs some ice cream and a pony ride
                a good 1/4 of that rant would point to me I think lol. Though most of us fit in one of those points. Can't be me though, I don't talk bad about others cars or talk mine up since it's one of the slowest here nor do I insult buyers. 300whp ftw!
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

• wow I was reading into maybe the second page of this hilarious form and I realized that I dont need to say anything, just reading this I know what has been said to me is some where here.
                  WHY DO PEOPLE TALK BEFORE THEY THINK

thanks for the laughs this was a great read hahahahaha
                  always building .... Finally own a 1993 BNR32

Comment

• My mother "How are going to drive it with the steering wheel over there wont you have to drive it backwards?"

A guy I met in college who owns a civic "Man a skyline isn't that good my dad had a 2003 skyline and it sucked ass"

Same guy "My civic puts out around 550whp, next im going to convert it to RWD"

And, my personal favorite a guy I met at a parts shop "You can't import a skyline cause they sometimes blow up and catch fire at about 7500 rpm"

Comment

• My father lives out that way, so much fun eating them up on the highway in his lancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony-R32 View Post
                        lol this is every honda civic in winnipeg, MB. We have to be the civic wannabe capitol of the world. They all have a boot leg jimmy rigged air intake using pvc piping and a ractive cone, while claiming to have "their exhaust done" when it's clearly just a Can Tire muffler or "performance" muffler.

I'm not bashing civics, my closest buddy has a really nice '10 civic, I like it alot, but it seems every second person here thinks they are pushing over 200 hp in their rusted through 89-02 civic becuase they've spent 50 dollars on it. Unfortunatly winnipegers think that their civics are the end all be all of motor vehicles, when in actuality there are about 10 that are actually clean and properly built!
                        Ahhh rice at it's finest. It wouldn't be so bad if they acctually put some effort in their rides to make them look good, but noo, cut springs stupid amount of camber and for some reason a roof rack........... oh yes we mustn't forget the manditory exhaust tip.
                        NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

• Guy in my engineering click that was in my engineering promotion always (and still has) a chip on his shoulder with my name on it. Anything I do, is wrong. I apparently don't know my thesis research as good as he does (he was debating the definition of hysteresis). "They let anybody in the Masters". I'm not a "real engineer". He also blurted out once "his skyline's crap, it's nothing" in the background when the subject turned to my GTR as I was hanging out with the engineering gang.

Obviously I'm the only one that notices it's actually derogatory since it's really pulling the chords. My friends think he's just trying to be funny, but I know he's too backwards to even have that much poor sense of humor.

Gotta admit, my GTR is pretty crappy by GTRC standards though lol.

Edit: Seriously though, I'm really cool headed around him and brush him off easily, but my legs started to twitch when I wrote this. I'm pretty sure one day I'll snap, and it's not going to be pretty.

Originally posted by Desiree View Post
                          I stalled my GTR once at a red light when I was first getting used to driving it. I didn't think it was a big deal but some guy that went to my highschool, who i dont know very well, posted a Facebook status saying that I don't deserve my car. A bunch of other guys were commenting on it saying "she doesn't know **** about her car" etc. I couldn't believe it, none of them know a thing about me. I love my car and I can gaurantee you I know more about it then they do. What's more annoying is the guy who initially posted the status ows a hatchback civic that he basically drove into the ground.
                          Don't worry about it. He's jealous.

Even if you are used to clutches, they're all different and you can stall sporadically even if you get used to them. I randomly stalled the GTR for the first time maybe two months after driving it, I'm still not sure why lol, me and my friend were litterally WTFed laughing.
                          Last edited by MarusGTR; 03-18-2011, 12:00 AM.
                          1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

• As long as you don't get f*cking fired for it, give him what he deserves.
                            03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

• Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                              As long as you don't get f*cking fired for it, give him what he deserves.
                              I wouldn't get fired over it lol. Maybe I didn't explain myself right.

I'm doing my Masters in Moncton, he's doing some low-end engineering work for a Michelin tire plant in NS. Basically he thinks he can walk all over me and my research even though he has no clue what he's talking about. Granted I was impressed he knew about hysteresis in the first place, but being butt*ucked sideways he basically flat out told me I was wrong, my colleages were wrong and that all the published papers about the subject were wrong. He thinks the definition only applies to solid mechanics. He doesn't get the generality of the term; it encompasses all physics, like my nanofluids.

I can't put a finger on him since my friends defend him for "trying to fit in" and he'd be victimizing. I'm just waiting for him to do his first move. Apparently he's the cream of the crop at his tire plant, flying all over the world for conferences. I'm just glad I don't work at that plant (low standards?) and that he's not working in the Nuclear field (which I'd like to do).
                              Last edited by MarusGTR; 03-17-2011, 11:59 PM.
                              1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

• lol is that Daniel Verret??

For the last ****ing time.. Your GTR is not crap. It's stock (you even bought some a/m suspension parts). It runs well. What your referring to is purely esthetic (small amount of rust). Your car just needs some TLC. It's not like your running on 4 cyl. with a blown turbo.
                                Stop bitching about your GTR. You have a effing GTR. lol
                                03 lancer dead
                                68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                                05 chevy silverado L33
                                2010 crv Wife's ride
                                1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Working...
                                X