wann Upgrade to high output alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wann Upgrade to high output alternator

So need some advice, With all the electronic in my car the stock alternator is no longer cutting it so i need to upgrade.

I heard of some guys using nissan quest alternators which have 105 amp output but they are a bit of a PITA to install. Is there another solution or can i give it to a rebuild shop and see if high output components can be installed?

What are my options?

Endless-r has high output direct replacement alternators but are very expensive.

Comment

i thought i read somewheres that some infinity alt worked, cant remember which one though
      Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

110amp Nissan Altima alternator -

nextag.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

Needs a custom mounting bracket???

I think you can upgrade to 120amp for Hitachi alternator when you rebuild alternator -

Last edited by Skym; 08-13-2010, 10:19 AM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

ya i would really like this as bolt in as possible, there is no room in the engine bay for me to do any customizing without a major gut job, Unless i find something like the endless for cheap i'll have to see if a rebuild is possible

Comment

I asked an alternator shop and they say they can add like 30amp by rebuilting it. Having a deep cycle battery also help + grounding kit + BIG 3.
            Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

ya i was told that too from a shop in town, it has to get rewound, about a month downtime and 300bucks

Comment

Working...
              X