1995 R33 light upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 R33 light upgrade

Yea i've searched the threads but never found a definative solution to my question so .....

I have my r33 gtr and the lights at night are crap , the light glass has what looks like hairline fractures in it if you look closely but toher than that they are clean and clear.

Without ripping out wiring and adding balast kits etc whats the easiest way to upgrade the light level on this car to aid my 43 year old eyes and my nighttime myopia i suffer from .

I have asked in stores and everyone tells me to get a HID kit but they can't tell me what kit because they are not familiar with the car around here.

Any suggestions ?

the hid kit will just depend on the bulbs that currently in there. all you have todo is remove the current bulb and get it matched
    I love the thing and its worth it every time I start it. As soon as it stops make me smile ill get rid of it (not gonna happen)
    (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
    ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

See i knew there was a simple answer to a simple problem

Comment

yep, just get a HID kit to match the bulbs you have in there now. they are pretty easy to install as well. or, if you want something special, go for the factory BCNR33 HID headlights with projectors. The HID pattern will be opposite for LHD roads, but light output is very nice.
        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

I just put a hid kit in my r32 on the low beams, I went with 4300k... To bad the clips on the headlight that hold the stock bulbs in dont work with the HID kit and I had to find a way to make the bulbs stay... Not a fun process... Try to find one thats vehicle specific (might cost more but worth it), then make sure the seller confirms it will drop in..
          BNR32- Sold
          1998 Evolution V

Comment

yea but you can adjust ballast over to the light, i never noticed a problem with the lighting with my r33 , is the dispersal all that different?.
            I love the thing and its worth it every time I start it. As soon as it stops make me smile ill get rid of it (not gonna happen)
            (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
            ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

I will take a picture tonight with my HID's so you can see the beam... It is slightly higher on the left side.

To install my HID's I had to remove the headlights and everything, then rig something up to hold the bulbs there, it included a milk jug cap, some rubber gaskets and the stock clip off the old bulbs.

They are damn sexy at night time however.

The high beams are adjustable, but the low beams are fixed in place I am afraid (on an r32 anyway).
              BNR32- Sold
              1998 Evolution V

Comment

I have Nissan Xenon's from a 98 model GTR in mine Paul. If you are willing to drop like $2600 on them they are well worth the cost. Amazing night time lighting.

J
                1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Crappy picture, but you can see the cutoff and how the it beams into opposite side of traffic.

But who wants to have accord lights lmao.

These are 4300k on the lowbeam btw.

Last edited by quadracer111; 08-21-2010, 11:39 PM.
                  BNR32- Sold
                  1998 Evolution V

Comment

hmm i'll eventually take a pic of mine. i remember having to take a hole saw and cut through the black thing that locks the back of the ballast. i think that's the only mod i had to do... and for r33 gts's the bulbs are h3c i believe.
                    (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
                    ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

Oh, I never modded that part so I can always go back to original bulbs just by swapping a couple things around...
                      BNR32- Sold
                      1998 Evolution V

Comment

i had to mod it because of the cables that come out of the bulbs, there was no way to screw on that thing with out making an opening to allow the wire through. just make sure you stuff the whole with something to block water from entering. but thats with r33's i duno if r32s are simpler since they are projection ballasts and r33 are deflector. r33 gtrs have the xenon projector's but i duno if that in all of the 33 gtr's or just some.
                        (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
                        ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

Well if your doing that i may check yours out first , your car is practically identical to mine so it'll be great to see what difference it makes.

I dont have $2600 for light conversions atm , i just spent over $5k on a pair of gt2860 , rad and fans , Apexi boost control , some innovate wideband gear , some defi gauges , my sparco seats (seat mounts coming from land of Aus for $80 each btw) , samco hoses , a titanium front rad deflector and an oil catch can . I still need to get an oil filter relocation/cooler setup from somewhere and install it all. Wife sayes I have to install what i bought before i buy anything else lol.

Originally posted by Phastwon View Post
                          I have Nissan Xenon's from a 98 model GTR in mine Paul. If you are willing to drop like $2600 on them they are well worth the cost. Amazing night time lighting.

J

Comment

I saw series 3 r33 gtr projector headlights for sale on Ebay for like 1200$ US for the pair.

Comment

Originally posted by cozmosland View Post
                              hmm i'll eventually take a pic of mine. i remember having to take a hole saw and cut through the black thing that locks the back of the ballast. i think that's the only mod i had to do... and for r33 gts's the bulbs are h3c i believe.
                              I would have to disagree with my headlights they are H1's (Series II headlights)

Comment

Working...
                              X