RB26 stalling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB26 stalling problem

Im having a stalling problem with my RB26 and wanted to get you guy's insight. Car runs
    fine on the road and freeway, but stalls at certain times. When I turn the car on (cold start) engine starts only to stall out unless i give it some gas once it turns over. After manually giving it gas to prevent it from stalling it idles as supposed to (does have a slight rough idle that bounces up and down 100-200 RPMS). When running, engine does idle when coming to a stop. However, after running it hard, it stalls out once i left off the throttle and put in neutral. Ive look around and found that it could possibly be a throttle position sensor or a mass airflow sensor. I would appreciate the help before i start replacing things that dont need to be replaced. could it be a TPS or MAF??
    Thanks in advance

What is all done to the car? Are you running oem BOV's?

Comment

Intake airleak or CAS can cause a hard start when cold, hot and sometimes fuel pump that's failing. TPS could be a cause, but revs would drop below idle rpm and struggle to recover when engine is under load (has aircon, light's, etc on, going up a hill or on flat ground and back off throttle quickly).
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

maf, igniter or cas.

Comment

Its all stock. working through process of elimination, what should I start replacing? the MAF?

Comment

Are your BOV's venting to atmosphere or still tied into the intake? I had the same issue of stalling out after coming off the throttle. Bumping up my idle speed a bit helped eliminate it.
            Check wikipedia
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowoff_valve

Comment

Motor is all stock so Im assuming its still tied into the intake.
              93Vspec are talking about the valve underneath the plenum?
              I did read about doing that but not sure that would help, ill
              give it a shot thanks.

Comment

Check for sensor error codes on ECU.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                  Check for sensor error codes on ECU.
                  Just checked ecu for codes, I got code 54.
                  I checked on some website and code is A/T control?? Can someone elaborate please
                  and would this cause stalling?

Comment

I think code 55 is no problems.

It wouldn't cause stalling. A/T control is communication between auto trans ECU and engine ECU (code means it doesn't see auto trans ECU). Basically auto trans ECU tells engine ECU to pull ignition timing and engine ECU pulls ignition timing. The autotrans ECU changes gear and then auto trans ECU tells engine ECU to advance ignition timing back to where it was. You can earth engine ECU communication wiring / pinouts to auto trans ECU to turn that error code off. The only engine ECU for RB26 engine that would have that is the ECU fitted to Autech RB26 (NA RB26 engine with auto trans).
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                      I think code 55 is no problems.

It wouldn't cause stalling. A/T control is communication between auto trans ECU and engine ECU (code means it doesn't see auto trans ECU). Basically auto trans ECU tells engine ECU to pull ignition timing and engine ECU pulls ignition timing. The autotrans ECU changes gear and then auto trans ECU tells engine ECU to advance ignition timing back to where it was. You can earth engine ECU communication wiring / pinouts to auto trans ECU to turn that error code off. The only engine ECU for RB26 engine that would have that is the ECU fitted to Autech RB26 (NA RB26 engine with auto trans).
                      I have a manual trans

Comment

The ECU may have been swapped and since it's not seeing an auto trans it's throwing a code.
                        Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 07-04-2013, 07:13 AM.
                        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Ok guys, its been a while.
                          Im still having a stalling issue.

So far i have changed the MAFs and it did help alot. Before the car would run rough and at times misfire and go into limp mode under load. But now it runs good and fine while on the road and under load.
                          But im still having to deal with a rough idle when coming to a stop, it will not stay running unless i give it gas.

I have also change the tps sensor.
                          I have also adjusted the valve under the plenum, had no affect.
                          It seems i do have an aftermarket BOV, located after the intercooler.

My questions are:
                          1. How do you properly adjust the TPS? Is it still stalling because its not adjusted?
                          2. Could the BOV be the cause of all my pain?? if so how do i solve this problem?

Im at the point of frustration and i dont want to buy anymore unnecessary parts.
                          PLEASE help! Thank you

Comment

Any resolutions to the problem? I am experiencing the same

Comment

Working...
                            X