Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weld in rollcage in alberta, road legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. My parents said "only 2 years" (from queerbec originally). That was 30 years ago and they finally left this year. Golden handcuffs do that. You make all kinds of money, get locked into debt and can't afford to leave because you owe money, can't give up your new "rich man" lifestyle or your wife hasn't left you for someone better yet haha.

Sometimes people simply stay because they realize that Alberta is better, the retarded money just helps attract people that need more money for divers silly needs
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
      Car will be legal but good luck getting it insured. You will almost certainly have to go through Facility
      That's what I love about BC....you can insure anything and it doesn't cost a mint. To ICBC a 20 year old car is just that...doesn't matter if it has 1000hp and a blower sticking out of the hood. $800 (after discount) a year is all you will pay for ANYTHING that old. Lumina or Lamborghini.

Jon.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

My Ferrari 355 isn't much more than my RX7 to insure in AB. It's insured based off the appraised value. That and I don't drive it much.

Comment

I hit send before I forgot to add that many company's do not offer any coverage options for RHD's.

Comment

So back on topic , you are sure that weld in rollcage is 100% legal and that it can pass the inspection? Do you know insurance company that accept car with that?

Comment

Hey Jmdchrist,

Your probably going to have issues, alot of the insurance companies view it as "modifield for speed".

When in reality its modified for safty. Stick to your guns and just ask around, my car has a full weld in cage and its street legal!
              Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Originally posted by jdmchrist View Post
                So back on topic , you are sure that weld in rollcage is 100% legal and that it can pass the inspection? Do you know insurance company that accept car with that?
                100% legal, but few if any insurance companies will insure it. You will have to go facility and pay much more for it.
                Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

You gotta pay to play xD

Comment

Hey supraclean , which insurance company you have for your car? And how much do you pay ?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmchrist View Post
                      Hey supraclean , which insurance company you have for your car? And how much do you pay ?
                      I am in alberta, I deal with the Co- Operators and had to convice them that it was modified for safety. Me been a Firefighter helps the sale as the cage is truly for my safe been. Not to "look badass".
                      Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Working...
                      X