Nissan Oil filter 15208-53J0A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Oil filter 15208-53J0A

That filter state its for Model 9810- R34 assuming its October 1998 on ward?, Mine Was manufactured in June 1998. Will this fit? Been reading about it and I am getting confuse, others will say 15208-53J0A will fit on all R34, some will say the opposite, which is it? can i get a clarification please and thanks

I believe the filter matches for all RB and also 300zx. On my may built r34 I used K&N HP-2008. those were on sale at Can tire out here this week actually :P.

Other filters that are of good quality, and will be a direct fit; Purolator PureOne PL24457 , Mobil1 M1-208

Those 3 i listed are great choices. But if you just need whatever is cheap and good ( napa gold? ) , lookup via Nissan 300ZX TT ( 1990-1996 )

perhaps just nissan just updated their filter model as the years went on. the size stayed the same from r32's to r34.
    (O||o___SKYLINE___o||O)

I'm thinkin' RB's

Comment

I went to the nissan dealership and they didn't have a single filter for me so be wary of that.
      I use a k&n hp-1008 on my rb26(bnr32)

Comment

Originally posted by jesusjuice View Post
        I believe the filter matches for all RB and also 300zx. On my may built r34 I used K&N HP-2008. those were on sale at Can tire out here this week actually :P.

Other filters that are of good quality, and will be a direct fit; Purolator PureOne PL24457 , Mobil1 M1-208

Those 3 i listed are great choices. But if you just need whatever is cheap and good ( napa gold? ) , lookup via Nissan 300ZX TT ( 1990-1996 )

perhaps just nissan just updated their filter model as the years went on. the size stayed the same from r32's to r34.
        KN HP-2008 i read about it too, but cant find it out here. I do not think Nissan Filter are that bad, and I don't care much about the price. Well at least its a nissan filter, if this do fit ill try for now, just need the oil change done. Over here not very many tuner shop that knows about RB engine or skyline it self, they are more like Subaru, Supraz, BMWs, Honda's ? lol and all they are tuned for is going on straight HAHAHAHHA
        Last edited by 403SKYLINEGTT; 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

like i said i had k&n hp-1008 not 2008. Might be the reason you're not finding it? Cost 12$, i went ot nissan and they didn't have the correct filter for me, not that their filters were bad(i had intentions of using one) but it wasn't correct sizing.

Comment

1008 could fit the threads, but is a smaller filter than the 2008.
            2008 was the fitment for many 90s nissans, and the 1008 was more of a toyota/subaru fitment if i recall. Though it was used on the newer 350z, murano, s14 and s15.

Nissan oem has had some bad reviews, though many car products have mixed reviews, take it with a grain of salt.

I have used all 3 of the filters mentioned for RB25's, and they fit perfectly and did a good job.
            PL24457
            m1-208
            hp-2008

@ Rvander - consider the 2008, if you can spare the 10$ just to see, r32-r34 sizes were the same. black and white the larger filter will have more capacity ( and better flow? ).

The fairlady z32 ( VG30DETT ) and both the RB26 and 25 have the exact same size. Any dealer or parts store locally will have a database, and whatever filter fits the z32 TT, will be the direct fit. Only thing to really choose here is brand.

Napa gold for value, K&N for performance, Pureone for filtration ( these are my opinions )

While we are on this note, @403, what oil do you use?

if you need to research what size was designed for what, look @ this chart here - http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/cata...x.html#page=35

On the 2nd page, RN011 = HP-1008 , and RN021 = HP-2008
            All skylines have this RN021 = HP-2008

Hope this helps! i remember stressing about this before too :P
            Last edited by jesusjuice; 03-25-2014, 12:24 AM.
            (O||o___SKYLINE___o||O)

I'm thinkin' RB's

Comment

1008 could fit the threads, but is a smaller filter than the 2008.
              2008 was the fitment for many 90s nissans, and the 1008 was more of a toyota/subaru fitment if i recall. Though it was used on the newer 350z, murano, s14 and s15.

Nissan oem has had some bad reviews, though many car products have mixed reviews, take it with a grain of salt.

I have used all 3 of the filters mentioned for RB25's, and they fit perfectly and did a good job.
              PL24457
              m1-208
              hp-2008

@ Rvander - consider the 2008, if you can spare the 10$ just to see, r32-r34 sizes were the same. black and white the larger filter will have more capacity ( and better flow? ).

The fairlady z32 ( VG30DETT ) and both the RB26 and 25 have the exact same size. Any dealer or parts store locally will have a database, and whatever filter fits the z32 TT, will be the direct fit. Only thing to really choose here is brand.

Napa gold for value, K&N for performance, Pureone for filtration ( these are my opinions )

While we are on this note, @403, what oil do you use?

if you need to research what size was designed for what, look @ this chart here - http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/cata...x.html#page=35

On the 2nd page, RN011 = HP-1008 , and RN021 = HP-2008
              All skylines have this RN021 = HP-2008

Hope this helps! i remember stressing about this before too :P
              Ill be using Mobil 1 10W-30, yes yes I know it should like 10W-50 or 15W-60 everywhere i read is all i see, i cant find any place that has it unless i go to BMW dealership? i saw it somewhere in google. Tho I live in Calgary, its a lot colder here, so I believe those oil maybe a little too thick for the weather here. what do you think?
              Last edited by 403SKYLINEGTT; 03-25-2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

10w50 is too thick, the engine was only designed to pump and flow a 30 or 40. 30 for a "virgin engine" ( healthy grocery getter ), or 40 for spirited use.
                Oils have evolved much in the last amount of years, and a 5w is now recommended by nissan even for the older 90's engines. however this is completely up to the owner.
                Mobil1 should be ok. If you are near a canadian tire they should have shell rotella T6, which would serve a skyline much better in many regards.

5 or 10W & 30 or 40

If you want something "in between" , head up for an Acea a3/b3 oil as they are usually on the thick side of 5 and the thin side of the 40, if that makes sense
                ( maybe its like a 7w36 haah! )

Trust me on the Rotella T6 5w40 if you have time to grab some before you have to change up. Its usually 35$ and will help better than M1 in the cold, AND it can handle the heat of the turbo.
                Last edited by jesusjuice; 03-25-2014, 01:24 AM.
                (O||o___SKYLINE___o||O)

I'm thinkin' RB's

Comment

10w50 is too thick, the engine was only designed to pump and flow a 30 or 40. 30 for a "virgin engine" ( healthy grocery getter ), or 40 for spirited use.
                  Oils have evolved much in the last amount of years, and a 5w is now recommended by nissan even for the older 90's engines. however this is completely up to the owner.
                  Mobil1 should be ok. If you are near a canadian tire they should have shell rotella T6, which would serve a skyline much better in many regards.

5 or 10W & 30 or 40

If you want something "in between" , head up for an Acea a3/b3 oil as they are usually on the thick side of 5 and the thin side of the 40, if that makes sense

Trust me on the Rotella T6 5w40 if you have time to grab some before you have to change up. Its usually 35$ and will help better than M1 in the cold, AND it can handle the heat of the turbo.
                  $35 ?!!!! damn ! paid $60 for mobil 1 !!! ok im returning this damn oil !!! this car is worst than a woman ! lol ill drop by at Can Tire tomorrow and get that Rotella if its cheaper... by the way where are you in Canada?

Comment

Im from around Vancouver
                    (O||o___SKYLINE___o||O)

I'm thinkin' RB's

Comment

I just got HP 2008 K&N from can tire,they don't have in stock,but can order,takes one day,i think it was like 17$,did not fit it yet,car still in storage,i used Motul 5w40 for the past couple years,but going to try Castrol edge Syntec 5w40 this time.
                      Skyline GTR R33

Comment

5 or 10W & 30 or 40

AND it has the completely wrong additive package and designation for high revving hot running gasoline engines.

Pure internet myth. Truth fully the best oil for the winter? with actual scientific proof and not unfounded bias?
                        Any synthetic 0w30 or 040

Comment

It's hard to beat Baldwin filters. something like 12 micron ABSOLUTE and high flowing. Much better than the AMSoil, purlolator, napa gold, mobil 1, hks and so on. That and they cost like $15 at most. They use these everywhere in the industrial plants so they don't need to mark up like HKS filters (which don't filter that well).
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Interesting,good to know about new filters option,did you try it in your car?
                            Skyline GTR R33

Comment

Originally posted by turdzoplenty View Post
                              AND it has the completely wrong additive package and designation for high revving hot running gasoline engines.

Pure internet myth. Truth fully the best oil for the winter? with actual scientific proof and not unfounded bias?
                              Any synthetic 0w30 or 040
                              Any further insights on your arguments? From a theoretical standpoint you're right to suspect that it wasn't -specifically- formulated high-revving gasoline engines, however, I've used it out of necessity (very competitive cost). I opted to use it as some argued the formulation had beneficial minerals not found in gasoline-specific mixtures and it was getting good reports from people racing V8s and V10s in the states.

Though, if you do have compelling arguments for me to stop using it and prevent damage, I'd be grateful. My ideal oil was Motul 8100 and Mobil 1 30 weight served me well in the past, so I'd be ok with absorbing the higher costs for peace of mind.

EDIT: Just to add to your comment, I agree that 0 cold weight is better for winters (the lower is better). The problem is in the addtives needed to achieve the lower friction; they burn up easily, reducing the overall quality of the oil IIRC. So when running hot or for extended period (or in the summer), you're better off at 5 or 10 cold weight for durability.

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                              It's hard to beat Baldwin filters. something like 12 micron ABSOLUTE and high flowing. Much better than the AMSoil, purlolator, napa gold, mobil 1, hks and so on. That and they cost like $15 at most. They use these everywhere in the industrial plants so they don't need to mark up like HKS filters (which don't filter that well).
                              Got a part number and supplier/source there bud? Mind PMing me in case I don't see your reply?
                              Last edited by MarusGTR; 03-29-2014, 10:37 PM.
                              1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Working...
                              X