X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning options

What's your thoughts or input on this?

I want to get a ecu to start making more pwr
    450 hp goal for next year after mods but I do not have any tuning places in my province. What's the options for like a self tune program or company that offers Customer the ability to tune based on their findings from ecu downloads?

I have been looking around but it seems like everyone needs dyno runs and the tuner on site. No dynos around these parts also.... Gotta love Newfoundland !
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Nistune and a set of knock ears. Have someone drive while someone competent tunes and listens for knock.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

If you can't find someone nearby to do a street tune, these guys are an option. They specialize with Hondas and Evos. Not sure how they fare with Skylines though. They'll provide you with a basemap, have you run your car, then have you send them your datalogs, adjust the tune, send it back to you, then rinse repeat til it's satisfactory. Costs about $200. There may be other tuners that will do this for you.

You'll need to hookup a wideband, have a way to datalog, and possibly a haltech ems.

Note: Nothing beats a dyno tune but when your options are scarce, you've gotta be open to what's available.

Comment

Haven't had any luck with those guys, but still looking

Comment

My best suggestion is this...
          Don't eff around with tuning if you don't know exactly what you're doing. It's not worth the risk.
          Find a tuner you want to deal with (I go to Almasi in Montreal) and know which system he prefers to work with. Have your car 100% ready, drive to your tuner and have him set your car up.
          There is only one way to do this properly and unfortunately for us East Coasters the right way is far away.
          My .2 worth.

Comment

My best suggestion is this...
            DIY tuning is worth the risk. There is more than one way to do this properly.
            My .2 worth.
            oh hai!

Comment

Now ladies! Lol. I'm still in research stages, with parts and ecu's etc. rob I may get in contact with your tuner and get their advise. I'm just afraid to drive so far with mods and no tune.... Don't want to destroy my engine.

Comment

Originally posted by future_R34 View Post
                What's your thoughts or input on this?
                Any tuner can come to you for a set price if you can get enough people / cars and use a local dyno.

I have been looking around but it seems like everyone needs dyno runs and the tuner on site. No dynos around these parts also.... Gotta love Newfoundland !
                Try this dyno in Newfoundland -

Contact info -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Skym, you cease to amaze me! Had no idea these guys had a dyno... Guess I needed to keep googleizing some more

Comment

Skym, you cease to amaze me!

Marx Brothers "Thank you... thank yo"! Clips from A Day At The Races.

Had no idea these guys had a dyno...
                    Wouldn't expect a panel beater to have a dyno, so easily overlooked.

Guess I needed to keep googleizing some more
                    Search for what dyno's the muscle car (Mustang, Cuda, etc) people use.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Thinking about removing the cat and pinching out the platinum so it's straight through, essentially a test pipe. Will it throw emissions code or effect the gas mileage?

Comment

Give 'er. It'll be noisier but won't effect the ecu I don't think. My car ran fine with a completely stock set up and no cat. It'll likely smell a little gassy behind you though.

Comment

I would insert a pipe inside it to ward of any wierd resonances that can occur with just gutting the thing out.

Jon.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Next set of days off I'll give it a try, thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Put a coby muffler where the cat was. It takes the drone out from under the passenger seat.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X