ABS Independent of AWD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Independent of AWD?

With the snow flying, it's become rather apparent that my ABS doesn't work. But my AWD does. Does it not use the same wheels speed sensors for both? How can I have one and not the other? As best I can tell, everything ABS related is plugged in.
    92 GTS-4

Your abs unit is separate from the attessa. You most likely have a abs pump fault rather than the wheel speed sensor faults your thinking of
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Ahh ok. That would make sense. I think my ABS light is either pulled or burnt out, because I don't see one at key on. I assume I would need it working to check for pump faults? How would I check?
      92 GTS-4

Comment

Havent had my car on in years or fault diagnosed but there should be something in the manual. As far as i remember your control unit is all incorporated with the pump, no remote control modules etc. You could be lucky and just have a blown fuse/relay. Best to start checking the basics (power and ground) and going from there.
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
        X