No announcement yet.

Exhausts - Most stupid law ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it wasnt the noise ,it was the size. it's not that loud .he was driving by n stoped behind me .see it the neighbourhood i live in but it shouldnt matter should it. ?so check this out lets say ur stopped (car off or on dont matter) and cop looks at ur car he can say if ok or not just by a looking at it ....? oh well then! i have hade cops alot checking out my car,ride programs,speed traps,ect,,,, no one said nothing so far and i asy if it passes safty & e-test how it ileagle?i just say the car come like that cause it did when i got it :P a resonator? that like a silencer cause i was reading i need to take a silencer out when i want to punch it .that kinda sucks
    1990 nissan skyline gtr r32 - weekend driver
    2003 Cadillac Deville DHS - Daily Driver

Comment

believe the car to have an illegal mod
      reminded me of FnF4 lol

anyways if the law is the same in ontario as alberta i actually asked a cop that i know very well what an illegal exhaust is.

he said "anything altered from factory is illegal"

i asked him how they were to find out what is stock and what isnt on my kind of car since they really have no reference.

thats basically all i think you have to tell the judge, you got the car from japan like this, passed safety ect with that exhuast, and pull up the specs of the nismo exhuast, which is 3". since nismo is nissan basically it should work, i never tried it though. also explain how your car is very quiet

Comment

Ok lets start at the basics. Check your ticket. Under what article and what law/regulation was it issued on?
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

contrary to - H.T.A.
          sect - 75(1)
          did commit offence of - ileagle muffler-moter vehicle

ya thank you's for the help on what to do im going to say it a nismo edition skyline tnx

Comment

Man you guys have to put up with a lot of PC-Nazi crap out east. We must be more like the western US out here because I have gone 20 years with not one vehicle having stock exhaust and have never been bothered. Hell, I even drove around with my headers wide open for a whole month when I was 22 years old and no one even looked at me funny (in a '56 Chevy). I drove much more like an a$$hole then.

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Lol, got slammed for this 6 hours after owning my R32.. It's got an HKS super dragger which def catches your attention, visually. Noise wise it's quiet as heck on the low end, but i got stopped by these rookie cop's that stuck a stick in there, laughed a bit, probably beat eachother off then 45 min later came to my car, told me they only spoke french and handed me a ticket saying my "Muffler is not of the norm" (word for word, in french). No inspection necessary, no mention of changing the muffler etc.

Contested, obviously, it's a freaking joke. Lol.

On top of it, i had no time to even change the muffler (as if i will anyways lol..) but regardless, the laws here in Quebec are ridonks.. We get ticketed based on the moods and attitudes of the police. Young, old, they all hold some sort of grudge.

Same goes for my CBR 600rr, always a freakin magnet for cops, even when im cruising through a 70 @ 50 km/h..
              I'll argue that these vehicles, bikes included, are always going to get hassled, but run the damn plates, check the background and stop pulling us over for useless garbage..

Like someone said, there's probably a murder or a robbery taking place at the very moment you decide to beat your buddy off in the squad car after pulling over some ricer with a perfectly legal fart can. Freakin ridiculous..
              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Originally posted by ruckusx2 View Post
                contrary to - H.T.A.
                sect - 75(1)
                did commit offence of - ileagle muffler-moter vehicle

ya thank you's for the help on what to do im going to say it a nismo edition skyline tnx
                So yeah, the Ontario law is even worse than the one here in Quebec:

Muffler
                75. (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1).
                Same
                (2) Subsection (1) does not apply to,
                (a) a motor-assisted bicycle with an attached motor that is driven entirely by electricity; or
                (b) a motor vehicle that is driven entirely by electricity. 2009, c. 5, s. 31.
                According to this, even a stock SRT-4 and Mazda Speed have illegal exhausts.

I'd also say your only chance it to go the Nismo argument way. Did the cop take pictures?

Also start by asking for the prosecution's case and evidence. Before any legal proceeding, you have the right to know what the prosecution's case will be so you can defend yourself. And at any time during proceedings, if you notice the prosecution is using evidence they did not give you, it is inadmissible as evidence.

Comment

if you want to get out of EVERY single ticket you will ever get read up on " the bills of exchange act " its rather old act from the 1800's but it is still in effect today...

there are a number of things to do and ways to do them in order toi get out of any ticket
                  How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                  \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                  \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                    So yeah, the Ontario law is even worse than the one here in Quebec:

According to this, even a stock SRT-4 and Mazda Speed have illegal exhausts.

I'd also say your only chance it to go the Nismo argument way. Did the cop take pictures?

Also start by asking for the prosecution's case and evidence. Before any legal proceeding, you have the right to know what the prosecution's case will be so you can defend yourself. And at any time during proceedings, if you notice the prosecution is using evidence they did not give you, it is inadmissible as evidence.
                    nope the cop did not take pictures he just eyeballed the size and said nope but ya im a try the nismo tuned story

Comment

nope the cop did not take pictures he just eyeballed the size and said nope but ya im a try the nismo tuned story
                      No pictures no proof.

Comment

Yo darkcaporal,

I got the 258 article ticket and I don't know what to do.

First, because you work in law and you didn't want to fight your ticket, how can I think of winning my ticket then?

Second, I don't know what to do because if I change my exhaust, I will still be under laws because i did change my exhaust system for something that is still under OEM specification.

What Should I do?

I have a RS*R ExmagII
                        Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA
                          Yo darkcaporal,

I got the 258 article ticket and I don't know what to do.

First, because you work in law and you didn't want to fight your ticket, how can I think of winning my ticket then?

Second, I don't know what to do because if I change my exhaust, I will still be under laws because i did change my exhaust system for something that is still under OEM specification.

What Should I do?

I have a RS*R ExmagII
                          http://www.rs-r.com/store/pc/viewCat...?idCategory=20
                          what is a Article #258...? just wondering.?

Comment

what is a Article #258...? just wondering.?
                            C'est l'article de la loi de la sécurité routiere du Québec.

sorry I didn't know how to write in english.

It say that my exhaust system is not conform. But it doesnt say which part of my gaz system isn't right!

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

cobraa, nelsonxmarc, and darkcorporall... this is all directed at you guys! since we all live close by.

you all know my car, HKS hi-power exhaust right?

i got pulled over in july they gave me a "non-conforme" muffler ticket... i plead not guilty and im still waiting for my preuve de divulgation etc.

anyways.

yes that picture of the OEM gtr exhaust was mine, i have a lot of those pictures.. i even have a videos of them oem exhaust sound...

on top of that i have 3 experts, (autoworx mechanics) who were with me when i sold that oem exhaust, we all confirmed it is a FREE FLOWING muffler.

i have videos, pictures, and a 1:18 scale model replica of my GTR im going to court, and im gonna win my muffler ticket.

my exhaust has a resonator and a muffler just like the oem does. it even sounds the same.

i just have to check which article exactly they gave me and wait for my "preuve de divulgation" and wait for my court date!...

how are you guys going about this? any tickets yourselves?
                              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Yeah man, Remember last week when I told you I didn't have one ticket after 9 month of driving a GTR.. Well. I got 500$ and 5 points in just 8 days!! Fantastic.

Could we please work together as I think we both have the same non-conforme 258 article right?

Did haig told you about a peace-free exhaust. I mean.. I'm sick of that BS, I will just swap my RS*R.

Comment

Working...
                                X