Petition to Revise Street Racing Legislation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
    The whole problem with this legislation is that it bypasses the fundemental rights of a democracy. And yes ladies and gents we live in a democracy.

You CANNOT have a democratic society that gives unreasonable discretion or unreasonable power to your enforcement agencies.

For this case, it can have SERIOUS repercussions on an individual just because *the cop felt like being a **** that day*. Sure it probably rarely happens, but the problem is that the *possibility* is there.

Were not talking about a 150$ fine for window tints, a loud exhaust, side markers or rear third brake light, were talking serious costs. For example, if your someone who needs his license to work, then you've effectively lost one weeks pay on top of the impound fees and losing your license bullsh*t.

The one principle of law is that you are innocent before proven guilty, and to impose sanctions prior to a judgment by bypassing our Court system, is outright flawed.

It's the exact same thing as the Bill C-6 debate, which gave inspectors the right to search, seize and destroy without needing Court orders, and not be held accountable.

Might aswell move to China or something.
    I have to agree.. Someone may not have a snowballs chance in hell defending going 200kph in a 90kph stretch. But it's their right to dispute it. For instance.. Radar often only pings the larger of two vehicles. If a stock truck zips past your sports car in the distance, than applies it's brakes when if it detects radar.. the readout says still 150kph on the cops end... what vehicle may get pulled over first when you both get closer to the cop?
    The stock truck, or the fast looking car?

I was recently arrested and informed that under this legislation "even revving my engine before leaving a light indicates intent to race, and the second I move I can be arrested."... Anybody that has read my build thread knows my electrical system is fubar, and sometimes I have to keep the revs up just so it doesn't stall! If I couldn't fight the cop on that what am I supposed to do?! Hand over $2000 and my license, bend over and present my anus for rape by the authorities?

Due process people.. due process.. We don't want officers with power heading in the direction of the NKVD or Gestapo.

Comment

revving is intent for street racing..

My WRX hates the cold.. i have to revv everytime im even slowing down or it will stall. I guess im a Huge Street racer..
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Working...
      X