Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 92 Hilux Got Pulled Over the other day!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 92 Hilux Got Pulled Over the other day!!!!!

so i got pulled over the other day, and the cops basically did a quick inspection of my hilux(took about an hour). they claim that they are gonna be pulling over many rhd vehicles for the next little bit due to the fact that many shops are safteying rhd vehicles that are "unsafe" for "manitoba" roads. so they say i have to add a muffler, but i do have a cat and a resonator and the hilux is actually very quiet and i also have to change my headlights, taillights, and corner lights, because they do not bare the sae/dot marks, they are the factory lights that came with the car so they have the JIS mark instead. these lights are all made in the same factory(KOITO company) as the 4runner's. so basically they said if i can find information proving that these lights are meeting or exceeding DOT standards then i do not have to change them. so any help or information will be greatly appreciated. (i have 30 days lol)
    90 GT-R / 95 Delica

i think you need to join www.ivoac.ca

your tail lights are fine( a private study was performed by daniel stern lighting on JIS tail lamps, they were found to meet or exceed our requirements icbc knows about this the CVSE knows about this and TC knows about this)... your head lights need to be changed as do your corner lights...

you also might need to change out the light bulbs as the light bulbs in canada are a bit brighter...

make sure your windsheild is AS1 or AS2 approved glass...

the muffler ya you will prolly need one of those...

your best bet is to join the site i linked as there is a ton of useful info there... see you there
    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
    \'90 GTR32

Comment

Is you'r Hilux the one that runs on veggie oil?
      NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

yes mine does run on veg
        90 GT-R / 95 Delica

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
          i think you need to join www.ivoac.ca

your tail lights are fine( a private study was performed by daniel stern lighting on JIS tail lamps, they were found to meet or exceed our requirements icbc knows about this the CVSE knows about this and TC knows about this)... your head lights need to be changed as do your corner lights...

you also might need to change out the light bulbs as the light bulbs in canada are a bit brighter...

make sure your windsheild is AS1 or AS2 approved glass...

the muffler ya you will prolly need one of those...

your best bet is to join the site i linked as there is a ton of useful info there... see you there
          so where can i fond more information on this study by daniel stern lighting?
          90 GT-R / 95 Delica

Comment

Wait, so in MB police can pull you over and do an "inspection" on your vehicle? What the?

Comment

in bc the cvse have the authority to do this

Comment

Usually the authority is delegated to police, but limited.

In Qc, police can stop you if they have reasonable grounds to believe your vehicle doesn't meet the requirements, and then do a visual inspection only, they cant touch anything. They can ask you to do maneuvers, but you can respectfully refuse.
                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
                X