In Alberta and driving a JDM ? Read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any updates?
    1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
    1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

This definitely sucks if it were to go threw the hoops. Ill keep a close eye on this topic and do what I can.
      Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
        Before my time? I had a GTR since 95, I don't remember any issues.
        then i suppose you didnt notice a few years ago when IVOAC was formed to prevent the laws from changing, which we did manage to prevent...

and now we are doing it again, helping out a member fight the SAAQ and from the looks of things we have them on there heels...

you have to understand that it is NOT the gov't that wants this change, it is CADA, AMVIC SAAQ etc etc etc... they want to chose for us what vehicles we own and drive... CADA wants to get ever vehicle off the roads that are 10yrs or older and get us all into newer vehicles that they sell
        How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
        \'90 GTR32

Comment

Has there been any development in this? has anyone actually seen this study that they did?? there has to be documents somewhere, and if there isnt then they based all their "statistics" on falsified informantion. i would like to know what the study involved: age, length of licsensing, and how many people they actually based that study on. *sigh* would we have to get a court order for them to release details? i want to do something about it, i just dont want to approach someone and not have the proper information.
          i think everyone should get involved help albertans keep their freedom to choose what car they drive. i personally dont like having do's and don'ts shoved down my throat..

Amy
          CUTE CUTE

Comment

They were probably talking about the studies done in BC and Qc.
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

this is such a stupid argument they are making. japan, england, europe, all those countries have cars that are right an left hand drive and dont have any problems...these people need to just **** off and go do something to help people. why dont they work on not giving money to natives anymore or something productive

Comment

Originally posted by GavinJohnson View Post
                this is such a stupid argument they are making. japan, england, europe, all those countries have cars that are right an left hand drive and dont have any problems...these people need to just **** off and go do something to help people. why dont they work on not giving money to natives anymore or something productive
                Its a freaking cash grab for domestics... Now they are starting to complain about "vehicles 15 years and older pollute 10x more than newer cars". I bet they would use that in their argument too. If they are so freaking worried about safety just allow us to import ANY year. But they wouldnt do that because its to logical and its actually a cash grab for domestics. Its not about safety, I don't know why they kid themselves.
                BNR32- Sold
                1998 Evolution V

Comment

Did anyone actually read that whole thing?

Everything before the banning of RHD vehicles was about putting more taxes on new cars, used cars getting sold through dealerships and whatnot.

this is a total cash grab. the want to ban RHD cars cause they have no way of taxing them.

Are Quad and i the only people who see that?

Comment

Wasn't there some sort of talk of B.C banning RHD as well? What ended up happening there?

I seriously doubt they can ban DRIVING a RHD if it was already registered/insured... even Quebec couldn't pull that off.
                    1991 Black GTR

Comment

The cars would be grandfathered, but it would become like here in Qc where you can't register new ones.

Comment

I just hate how much of a big deal they are making over this, the car is just a damn car, the steering wheel is shifted over a couple feet, big deal!! I see so many damn rust buckets that if they got in a crash the vehicle would implode into a pile of headlights and bondo...
                        It just doesnt make sense that they would make a big deal about these cars AFTER they became popular and more common, they realized how many are being imported and want to stop that because we arent buying the over priced shitty cars here, its a damn cash crab for sure.
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

Originally posted by Kras View Post
                          Wasn't there some sort of talk of B.C banning RHD as well? What ended up happening there?

I seriously doubt they can ban DRIVING a RHD if it was already registered/insured... even Quebec couldn't pull that off.
                          The "study" from ICBC was basically thrown together by someone who made everything up. Or at least, that's what I gathered. They've been quiet ever since.

Comment

I don't know why this issue surprises everyone? RHD cars are "unsafe" because the people who own them typically crash them. As a government trying to create a society as "safe" as possible its very logical to ban these cars.

Does my insurance cost me more as a young male? Yes
                            Can I own a automatic weapon? No
                            Can I drive without a seatbelt? No

Is any of that fair? Not really but its statistics based upon the handful of people that ruin it for everyone else. Just like a cellphone ban in vehicles. Most people can use their phone and drive their vehicle well, however it only takes ONE person to T-bone a minivan full of kids to get it banned for everyone.

So I hate to side with the government but this ban can be justified... Is it fair for all of us, not at all. And for any flamers out there, I do support NOT having these banned and have already written my MP. I only want people to see that a ban for these cars is statistically based, and its not the government that should F-off, it's the young kids that crash them and drive like dicks that should.
                            Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Statistically based on erroneous data that is.

Comment

Manitoba is starting to get hit now. The shop i've always had safeties done at has been visited by head of vehicle inspections 2 times now, last time the head guy stated that they were specifically trying to pull over RHD's to fail them / get them off the road. I'm even friends with the guys at this shop, but they are too scared to get their licence pulled. Like were talking, even when the vehicle is 'fully compliant' ie- accord lights, high mount, side markers, seat belt tags.. etc, they are still too scared because the vehicle inspections officers have been pulling over as many RHD's as possible and failing them even for stuff thats not in accordance with the law. Such as E rated tail lights, and even as ridiculous as DOT muffler (which we know there's no such thing). So to sum it up, it looks like Manitoba is also going to be in for quite a fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X