Track only and 15 year rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track only and 15 year rule

Does the 15 year rule still apply if a car is to be imported for track purposes only?

Is there anything special that needs to be done to import as a track car if not?

I know in the USA if it is not on their list of cars for import for track/show use you have to prove historical rarity and why your bring it in and what not... No idea here.
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Comment

Import is import
      they don't give a damn what you will do with the car.
      It needs to be 15 years to enter our counrty!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Actually I'm almost 100% sure any car can be brought in however cannot be legally driven/registered unless the date of production is 15+ years previous to it arriving. So say you import a R34 GTR 1999 you cannot keep it here for 4 years then attempt to register it. Once a car has been registered for track use it cannot be transferred back to a road legal car even after 15 years.

This is what I've heard/gathered from other people and online sources. Not guaranteed accurate.

Kyle

Comment

I believe you also need to be able to prove that you are in some way affiliated with racing, and not just "planning on it, once I get the car". Don't quote me on that, though. I vaguely remember someone a while back saying that you need some kind of racing license that's granted from a racing series to prove that you are affiliated with a series. Again, that might be incorrect as well, as I only heard it from someone, and not from anyone whos affiliated with racing...

Comment

This topic is such a hard one... Its usually I heard from my uncles sisters cousins dads mothers father that .....
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

What type of racing are you participating in and which race class does your race car comply to? Your race sanctioning body will be required to provide a letter to customs stating that your race car is eligible for said class. It is difficult, but can be accomplished. It helps if your on good terms with your Chief Steward of your racing body.
              If you are just bringing in a vehicle that you have no intention of ever registering because you will be trailering it to a race track to play with, you will need to bring in a 15 year or older vehicle.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Comment

mostly right

You can still bring in whole cars that are newer than 15years. However there's a few loop holes.
                  Last edited by starboy869; 07-24-2010, 03:39 PM.
                  Chris

Comment

so ive got a previously Quebec plated r32, but the storage plates expired so i cant register it again due to it now requiring inspection (which they dont do on rhd cars anymore). so can i just haul my car to the track and drag it without any problems?
                    I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Originally posted by m_melen View Post
                      so ive got a previously Quebec plated r32, but the storage plates expired so i cant register it again due to it now requiring inspection (which they dont do on rhd cars anymore). so can i just haul my car to the track and drag it without any problems?
                      Absolute! As long as it stays off "public roads".. tracks are private property, anything goes based on the rules and regulations sanctioned by the owner..
                      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Nice info guys. I learned a lot from this.
                        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Even though your car was registered once you can't register it anymore cause you need an inspection? Shouldn't need an out of province inspection
                          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

would your car not be grandfathered in due to the bs laws they illegally inacted...
                            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                            \'90 GTR32

Comment

It should be grandfathered because it was once registered prior to the coming into force of the law. Just call the SAAQ and have it sorted out. You'll still need an inspection though.
                              R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
                              X