No announcement yet.

Got an excessive noise ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt you actually said GTFOML to an officer...and if you did you're an idiiot.
    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
      I doubt you actually said GTFOML to an officer...and if you did you're an idiiot.
      If it was an proper cop i would agree, but bi-law aren't real cops, nothing they can do about you telling them to get off your property, even if there an actual cop, no warrant to enter and/or be on, time to tell them to get lost.
      '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
      '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
        ... no warrant to enter and/or be on, time to tell them to get lost.
        110% true
        1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Ah yes by-laws. I skimmed through the post and didn't read closely.

It's like those bus patrols around here that check for people without passes on board buses. It's like a 150$ fine if you get caught, but if you don't give them your name and address they can't send you a ticket lol.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Is there a place where one can read a complete list of laws, by-laws, what cops can and cant do, with or without evidence, etc?
            I really wanna educate myself just incase I get harrased or anything like that?

Comment

Hey aN4rk1,

Sorry to break it to you, but knowing the laws want stop you from ever being harassed. You'll just know for sure when your are lol.

But seriously, it's always good to want to better inform yourself. l

If your serious, getting a (*.PDF) of pretty much every laws imaginable is possible on the government of Canada web page.
              Now I'll tell you right now, they don't make it easy for you to find them. There filling system suck, but that's to be expected
              with them cramming more and more stuff without deleting the junk.

You can start from these page :
              Here is an alphabetical list of links to current Government of Canada Departments, Agencies, Crown Corporations, Special Operating Agencies and other related organizations.

For transport canada it's not to bad they have acts and regulations on the left hand side under browse resources.

Search away.....

Also for a Police or RCMP you might see little difference, but don't forget that some stuff change from a province
              to an other. And that municipalities have the right to make there own BS laws too, if they choose.
              Last edited by collector240sx; 06-20-2011, 06:04 PM.
              14 VW Jetta TDI
              05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
              95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
              95 240sx ( powered)
              89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Noise by-laws are generally regional or local, especially when they relate to activity on residential or commercial property. I'd start with the website of your local council. So for Mississauga, it's http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/nuisance.PDF. This one lists specific noises, but it's also up to the discretion of the by-law enforcement office. You can appeal through regular channels if you think you have a case, but you'll need evidence to back it up.
                '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

So happy I live in NB
                  03 lancer dead
                  68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                  05 chevy silverado L33
                  2010 crv Wife's ride
                  1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

actually, the most relevant statutes stem from provincial legislation

Our staff can't provide legal advice, interpret the law or conduct research. You may be able to obtain assistance from a lawyer or paralegal.

the first ones to read would be

The Highway Traffic Act (and its regulations)

The Environmental Protection Act (and its regulations)

enjoy

Comment

Thanks guys!

I know it wont stop me from being harrassed but I want to be well informed to defend myself if it does happen. And I want to do it STERN AUTHORITY!

Comment

Working...
                      X