Right-Hand Drive: Right or Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right-Hand Drive: Right or Wrong?

Just came upon this video. I don't know if this is a repost or not, but its not that old.
    I vaguely remember some faces so people on here might have been involved in the making.

Posted on August 26, 2010, although what the ICBC guy is saying is a bit outdated since Quebec permanently banned RHD.

R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

"cuz that **** is ******...."
    .....fantastic reasoning
    1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because RHD vehicles are more susceptible to accidents does not mean it's RHD causing these accidents. I drove RHD my entire time in Italy (a LHD country) and it was not any more dangerous, if anything it was simply more inconvenient for the driver.

What's the average age and years of driving experience of a RHD vehicle driver? Are the RHD cars normally imported into Canada sports cars?

There are so many different factors that come into play, sounds like this study was rather poorly executed, probably because they wanted it to come out that way. Like they said in the video, I'll bet it's got more to do with money than safety.

Just like here in Japan and back home in America, they want you to buy cars locally, not import them, so the regulations make it either very expensive or impossible to do. The regulations that are there to "protect" us are actually there to protect the financial interest of domestic automakers.

Comment

RHD is fun, too most of us easy.

Learning like fisrt driving a rhd, shifting may be the problem since most people arent good with left hands! Like i was in 2nd gear in my r32 gtr and accidently slipped into 1st going into 3rd... but its all good never happened again aha

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with RHD. The only reason they are making this difficult is so you stop importing them and buy locally. The only thing I find harder to do is left hand turns. All I have to do is wait for a yellow or red light. Theres tons of ways to avoid a left hand turn anyways.

Did anybody else notice the RHD mustang in the video? Whats up with that?
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Adam Grossman - "Pulling away from a curb is more difficult with RHD"

Are you kidding?
            93 R33 GTST - DD
            97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
            2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
              Did anybody else notice the RHD mustang in the video? Whats up with that?
              I figured they inverted the video lol.

Comment

Notice that RHD 'Stang was driving on the LEFT HAND SIDE of the road. It's clearly from Australia or another country. Dude's statement at the beginning was just... nothing but opinion
                Last edited by Snake556; 09-14-2010, 08:37 PM.
                Originally posted by kengeroo
                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

i found it funny how at 5:50 he says "it becomes harder to lane change in an intersection in a RHD" last i checked lane changing in an intersection is illegal :P

Comment

Originally posted by rak123 View Post
                    i found it funny how at 5:50 he says "it becomes harder to lane change in an intersection in a RHD" last i checked lane changing in an intersection is illegal :P
                    haha nice I didnt notice he said that!
                    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer87 View Post
                      Adam Grossman - "Pulling away from a curb is more difficult with RHD"

Are you kidding?
                      Yeah who would ever even consider using their mirrors, right? lol

Comment

Yeah, someone on here posted this up on here and said it was for school. They said they flipped the video to make the mustang rhd.

Its harder to make a lane change in an intersection?

Thats highly frowned upon and you are taught not to do that in drivers ed (might be illegal?).
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

i personally dislike rhd, it gets anoying, im sorry if you guys hate on me for that. but driving down a single lane highway using the shoulder to check if its safe to pass is stupid, drive throughs are stupid, annoying people at red ligths are stupid. its safe and all, but just stupid
                          Owning a turboed car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen

Comment

Originally posted by sarazinj View Post
                            i personally dislike rhd, it gets anoying, im sorry if you guys hate on me for that. but driving down a single lane highway using the shoulder to check if its safe to pass is stupid, drive throughs are stupid, annoying people at red ligths are stupid. its safe and all, but just stupid
                            I've never understood the passing on a single lane highway is hard thing. Either drop back a bit to see, lean over, or look through the car in front of you... Using their windows! Drive throughs aren't that bad, either go in reverse or lean over. Or do the easier thing and go inside the place? :P

I've never been bothered at red lights, either. I've had one guy say "thats a rad car, dude". Quit making eye contact with everyone and just stare straight ahead? Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                              I've never understood the passing on a single lane highway is hard thing. Either drop back a bit to see, lean over, or look through the car in front of you... Using their windows!
                              And especially with the cars we have even if you're a bit farther, you still wont have problems passing cars as it will take you a big 2 seconds.

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                              Quit making eye contact with everyone and just stare straight ahead? Works for me.
                              Best piece of advise if you dont want to get bothered. When you stare down people, they just think you want to talk or even race and it gets annoying.
                              Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 09-16-2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X