Fcked up ticket in america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fcked up ticket in america

ok so heres the story its kinda long.......

so im driving to my buddies house last night at like 1:30 and i get pulled over by Cop #1 at a rotary, he sits behind me for about 35 seconds running my plates, as he is running my plates cop #2 and cop #3 (k-9 unit) roll up lights on... i guess they wanted in on seeing the skyline since im the only one around the boston, cape cod area... cop #1 says license and reg, i say i forgot my wallet dont have my license on me he says u can be arrested for that yada yada yada... he says "alright im gunna be honest with you, your down here for 2 more weeks and youve been pissing some of the officers off so im going to let you off and drive like a grand ma for the next 2 weeks" i say thanks and decide ok im going to smarten up (just got the car out of storage and have been a little throttle happy ...... during the whole time that cop#1 is talking to me cop #2 is argueing with Co3 #3 (k-9) about how its a sick car and stuff about it like twin turbo etc all the usual skyline questions, so i get the warning cop says ok have a good night drive safe... i start to pull out, literally 100 feet later not even out of 1st gear cop #3 (k-9) pulls me over, gets out says license and reg, im like i just told the other officer i dont have my license on me, he badgers me about why i dont and says "unlike the other officer im taking this personally, you passed me the other day on a double solid and i wasnt in my cruiser, so im going to cite you, he comes back with 3 tickets, too loud exhaust (hks superdragger) not having my license on me, and 48 in a 30??? the first two are whatever but he never clocked me doing that speed it was cop #1 and it was a 35 not a 30, secondly he had no reason to pull me over the second time i did not commit any offense other than the one i had already been talked to about like 50 feet earlier, i think that the guy was just being a **** because i go back to canada in 2 weeks and he doesnt think that i will fight it, so my question is legally where do i sit here, can i fight that he had no right to pull me over... any ideas what i should do? i only live like 8 hours from here, the ticket is 185$ but i will come down here just to spite the guy if i have any chance in getting out of it... anyone know my rights here? like can he pull me over if another cop clocked me not him and he made a mistake on the ticket...

if you read all that thanks i appreciate it... let me know what you think or what you would do, oppinions welcome and yes, i know its my fault for driving like a fvck before last night
    1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

fight it....and do american tickets carry over the border there? If not rip it up at the border and blow it back!

If you get a speeding ticket in grandforks/ north dakota the ticket still counts against your manitoba drivers license...this might be the same for you.
    Originally posted by Paradis
    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

well if i dont pay it when i try and cross the border next year for hockey ill be arrested so i either have to fight it or pay it, i plan on fighting plus one of my buddies down here is a state trooper im going to find out from him what i can do, i just dont get why the guy was such a ****, i think he was under the impression that i was driving my daddies car and i was just some rich kid who doesnt give a **** about anything, the other problem is i didnt want to get searched because i had booze in the trunk and im only 19 but or i would have asked why he was pulling me over, asked him to do a decible reading on my exhaust etc i would have made his life hell too but i dont realy know my rights here... now im just reading up on my american rights and the laws here
      1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

wow you got effed in the A big time, Americans are difficult to tolerate at the best of times but when they show their true colors and treat you like s*it its really irriatating. Best of luck if you do fight it but expect discrimination in the court room for not being a yankee.
        "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

The American law system is totally different then ours , you'll have to ask someone that's familiar with their laws.
          My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

not worth the effort,, just pay it....
            I'm surprised they let you drive away without a license..
            I was pulled over in Maple Ridge.. had a license but it was experid,,, He wouldn't let me drive off,, Had to phone my wife and get by buddy to driver her out from Vancouver to drive my car back...

...consider yourself lucky...

Comment

I would fight it every day of the week! They need to clock you at that speed twice I believe to show that you were at that constant speed and not just passing. Also why the he'll would the guy pull you over for a second time? Anyways good luck
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Fight it for sure. No matter what kind of ticket it is, you should ALWAYS fight it. At the very LEAST itll buy you some time.
                I dont know what happens with the jurisdictions when you come across the border but in know in SOME states it does carry over and in some states it gets dropped. Dont quote me on this as I am not a lawyer and iam not 100%. Either way, here is something to help you fight it:

Fight your traffic ticket. Step by step instructions.

Good luck and keep us posted.
                Last edited by aN4rk1; 03-12-2011, 04:10 PM.
                1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Thanks rly appreciate the help guys
                  1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

Hey man,

I can't offer you advise on the legality of the tickets but I can confirm that if you don't pay it and let it go through court you WILL be arrested the next time you enter the US. Even if its just to catch a connecting flight in the airport. Once your in their system that's it. I know guys that have had issues from tickets that are over 10 years old. Seriously, what ever you do decide make sure it's delt with before you leave.

If you want my opinion, I would say pay it... As much as I would enjoy fighting it I doubt it's worth the effort - I doubt very much cop #1 is going to back you up in court. It's messed up but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by drew6 View Post
                      Hey man,

I can't offer you advise on the legality of the tickets but I can confirm that if you don't pay it and let it go through court you WILL be arrested the next time you enter the US. Even if its just to catch a connecting flight in the airport. Once your in their system that's it. I know guys that have had issues from tickets that are over 10 years old. Seriously, what ever you do decide make sure it's delt with before you leave.

If you want my opinion, I would say pay it... As much as I would enjoy fighting it I doubt it's worth the effort - I doubt very much cop #1 is going to back you up in court. It's messed up but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Best of luck.
                      HERESAY!!! not to mention complete bull ****! i can offer you advice on this subject since i have dual citizen ship. i hold both american and canadian passports. i live in canada on the weekends and i go to university in the states during the week. i also grew up in the states. first of all the getting arrested on the spot is bull ****!!!!!! i have outstanding tickets in both countries and have never been asked about it at the border. also i have a good friend who got arrested in the states for excessive speeding and got letters saying to surrender his license and pay the fine he never did and goes to the states once a month and has never been asked about it!! so that is crap and heresay. As far as tickets transfering from the states to canada i know from washington to bc they do not! not sure about the east coast tho. number 3 fight the ticket for sure. I have been to traffic court in the states and canada. Completely different. In canada your pretty much just going to get a reduction if the cop shows up. But in the states you have a legit shot. I have gotten out of street racing tickets no insurance tickets the works. You actually get to tell your story in us courts and the judge will listen. So man fight it and i bet you will get out of it. not to mention you will make the cop look like a **** !!
                      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                        HERESAY!!! not to mention complete bull ****! i can offer you advice on this subject since i have dual citizen ship. i hold both american and canadian passports. i live in canada on the weekends and i go to university in the states during the week. i also grew up in the states. first of all the getting arrested on the spot is bull ****!!!!!! i have outstanding tickets in both countries and have never been asked about it at the border. also i have a good friend who got arrested in the states for excessive speeding and got letters saying to surrender his license and pay the fine he never did and goes to the states once a month and has never been asked about it!! so that is crap and heresay. As far as tickets transfering from the states to canada i know from washington to bc they do not! not sure about the east coast tho. number 3 fight the ticket for sure. I have been to traffic court in the states and canada. Completely different. In canada your pretty much just going to get a reduction if the cop shows up. But in the states you have a legit shot. I have gotten out of street racing tickets no insurance tickets the works. You actually get to tell your story in us courts and the judge will listen. So man fight it and i bet you will get out of it. not to mention you will make the cop look like a **** !!
                        Well said Jon, and very good to know.
                        1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                          HERESAY!!! not to mention complete bull ****!

Well that was completely unnecessary. I was just offering what help I could. I DO know a guy who did get arrested at the border for having very old unpaid tickets (for the weekend untill a judge would see him). Also, I work with people that due to similar issues are now refused at the border.

I simply suggest he deal with it before it turns into a big thing.

Comment

Hey there is something we all forget about its called an ombudsman they are set up to investigate any government problems i know at one time they did police officers and investigate problems like yours here is a site where you might be able to get a hold of some one who can turn this right around on the A%% who did this http://www.usombudsman.org/en/About_Us/ good luck and keep us updated

Comment

just pay the $185. even if you fight the ticket and have to go to court you've lost more money than that by not going to work for that day.
                              or dont pay it and just never cross into the US again. pretty straightforward in my opinion
                              I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Working...
                              X