No announcement yet.

Fcked up ticket in america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, sounds like you are down in the US, driving a car that is VERY noticeable like a d!ck ("throttle happy"), with no license ("no wallet") and booze in the trunk when you are not old enough to drink in the the US. I might have missed the part where you denied passing the off duty cop on a double line but sounds like you got off DAMN lucky with a few tickets. Got to keep the car, didn't have to walk home, and even got to keep a trunk full of hooch.

Pay the tickets, obey the law, don't drive like a d!ck.

Damn I must be getting old...
    2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
    2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
    1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Hey James

I can offer a few different points!
      1. When it comes to a police officer clocking you with radar, your allowed to request to see the meter to see if what is said is true. I'm quite sure they are not allowed to refuse. If they do, its a matter to be brought up in court, and also proof that they most likely did not catch you at that speed.
      2. Police are obviously under very tight restrictions when it comes to tickets and upholding the law. there are countless holes and i guarantee the cops did not follow them from the story you told. Ask all the pertinent questions when you go to court.
      3. In my opinion. fight it. who cares if you deserved it or not, this isn't an honor game, your gonna end up paying extra money for years on insurance alone. the shorter cost is to fight it now, cause one way or another your paying but preferably i'd assume you would want to pay less. If so, fight the ticket. too many loopholes in their system not to.

I'd say call them first. track down the cop and ask for the supervisor. be honest. tell him you were acting like an ass, but you won't do it again. explain the situation, and if your lucky, they might revoke the ticket. If you want extra ammo, look up laws and talk to your friend and get as much info to fight with on the phone. If they still won't, don't tell them you will fight it (they will show up in court). if you won't want to pay all the fees for hiring a lawyer, or driving down..

pay it..
      1995 Skyline GT-R V-Spec

Comment

ok so heres a bit of an update....... i was talking to my state trooper buddy he says that the local police are complete power hungry d!cks! he said to fight it and i will probly win because he wasnt the cop that clocked me, now here is where it just gets amazing for me....... i play for the local junior A hockey club and people around our town love us, i was driving down the road like a week ago and i was being followed by a beautiful BMW M3, i pull into a parking lot and we talked about my car and such cause he loves them and has never seen one in real life, so today at the gym i see this guy and we get to chatting about my tickets and he tells me he does the hearings for this type of thing... and gives me his number and tells me that the cop is a moron and to call him with my hearing date and he will either put in a word for me if he isnt doing my case, and he says i cant tell you ill let you off but ill help you out for sure if i have your case... my mood, fvck that prick of a cop... i think hes just mad that im a young kid with a sick car
        1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

Comment

haha things are looking up dude. Keep us updated. I know in washington you get a court date within a month or so where in canada i have waited a year + for a courtdate before. So you should get one pretty soon hopefully and you can tell the cop to **** off and watch as the judge makes him look stupid.
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

well i wont be giving any attitude or anything cause im coming back here next year and dont want to have much hassle when i come back but the way i see it its an excuse to come down here and party for a few days with my friends haha
            1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

Fight that all day, mano! Good luck! Cop was just being a ****. He had no right to pull you over again.
              Originally posted by kengeroo
              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
              ...don't drink and ebay
              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

mailed in the ticket today
                1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

Working...
                X