No announcement yet.

vehicle defect ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

took a statement from elite stainless (exhaust shop) that verifys the exhaust is upgraded but has all the necessary emmissions parts and full muffler in its construction , letter from cainsville tire stating that marks on tire are manufacturers grooves and not rub marks .

The yellow form the cop gave me had this info ( i think , very bad handwriting )

70.3 defective/damaged tires
    75.1 defective or missing muffler
    82.4 proof of compliance for suspension function

The staff sargeant is going to address this with the officer and he'll let me know tommorrow afternoon when the cop comes back on duty. He told me not to worry about it and if i get any further correspondance to let him know .

He looked at my car himself and chuckled , said not your usual honda eh ? lol

Comment

Glad to hear you got this sorted out.
      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

After reading the sections of the HTA that were applied, it amazes me that you even got a ticket in the first place. The one about tires pretty much just says that you can't drive on unsafe tires but it never properly defines what unsafe tires are. The one about your muffler always makes me laugh because it says that you have to have a working muffler and not a hollywood muffler (whatever that is...) and the last one is pretty much B.S. because it just talks about the cop doing a roadside inspection and you "fixing" whatever problem they come up with. Nothing to do with your suspension at all. That in itself would be way to easy to beat for the sole purpose that they are not a licensed mechanic and you need to know as much about cars to become a cop as I need to know ballet to be in the military...

Also, sub para 82 (5) states that you could have assisted in the inspection and could have pressed down on the car to show suspension travel.

Glad to hear it's getting sorted out, but the main thign is that you shouldn't have to get it sorted out, they should have left you alone in the first place.

Comment

At this point The situation is that i shouldn't hear any more about it .

The reason i got it is probably more to do with being stopped 2-3 weeks ago for doing a 3rd gear pull to redline in a very rural area without noticing the cruiser behind me , he pulled me 5-6klm down the road when he finally caught up to me after i had logged the AFR to 7500 rpm then backed off down to 90klm . He didnt have his radar on and gave me a ticket for no front license plate instead , but i'm sure the local OPP have their eyes on me and will be glad to jump me for anything they can. ( Simco , norfolk area is all policed by local OPP , not city police) . Of course this was my fault for not checking rear view first.

Comment

Paralegal, don't go to court on you own.
            1993 GTR
            1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

lol try coming to winnipeg. we have a special unit called VIU (vehicle inspections unit) and they pull over every (fast, riced out, dumped, young driver they can ) and do a full head to toe inspection of the vehicle. they have their own little handbook too with a abundance of dumb rules that aren't anywhere in our HTA but they some how get a way with it. they raided a local sunday night cruise meeting area and pulled over 41 cars 28 cars failed the inspection 12 were taken off the road forever and 1 passed. i got a 171 dollar ticket the other day because my front amber lights wern't amber enough and i didnt have rear side markers yet i bought my gt-r in winnipeg with a manitoba safety.
              DRIVE FOR THE LOVE
              1995 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R R33 V-SPEC GOHAN

Comment

Well, somebody has to pay for our fancy new helicopter....

MPI, WPS, NDP and Sammy K don't like cruise night and want everyone to send their gas guzzeling, polluting and "dangerous" cars to the shredder and by enviromentally friendly and slow p.o.s's and to not drive them needlessly (cruising on sunday).

The RCMP outside the city couldn't give a flying f**k what you drive, as long as your not driving like an a-hole.
                Originally posted by Snow
                Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

wow, you rlly got unlucky with that pig...

I once banged bee*r beside a durham regional.. got pulled over, he was gonna tag me for not having my plates up front, horn, and exhaust to loud.. but instead told me after a bit of talking that "you look like a handy guy, im sure you can fix those the next time i catch u, i coulda gave u 300$+ in tickets... buuuttt i wont" LOL durham is nice like that.. SOMETIMES. lol (mind u, mine is slammed, super hard, rubbing, stripped, caged, and by no means looks like a street legal car.) LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X