No announcement yet.

Lost Insurance Coverage Due to Car Being RHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be considered insurance fraud if they found out?
    Polish Power

Comment

Exactly, but insurance fraud is going to be the last of your worries, if your held liable for any decent size accident.

Hence, why I said not worth the risk.

And yes if they did found out by word to mouth or any other way (doesn't matter if you were in an accident or not), they can cancel your insurance (make it really really hard for you to find a replacement insurance), and charge you with fraud. It can be a long process and can be hard to prove, but I guess they wouldn't go trough the trouble if they didn't have evidence. Would definitely be costly and if it does happen to someone, I would recommend he move to a big city, live close to work and use public transport (maybe buy a bike).
      14 VW Jetta TDI
      05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
      95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
      95 240sx ( powered)
      89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Ok well that's out of the question now.
        Polish Power

Comment

so. besides dejardins/facility/lant, does anyone have a broker/company they're currently using they wouldn't mind sharing with the group? or me privately? I've been on the phone all of last week and no one is showing me any love

Comment

Originally posted by luka View Post
            so. besides dejardins/facility/lant, does anyone have a broker/company they're currently using they wouldn't mind sharing with the group? or me privately? I've been on the phone all of last week and no one is showing me any love
            I second that
            Does anyone have any new leads?

I have tried William Smith and Bateman, they said yes previously and now say they made a mistake. Same deal with Lant... I thought I had 2 options

Allstate says no RHD
            State Farm office that insured my sports bike says no RHD

My current insurance that I have been with for 6 years, that are a broker.. says no RHD

All brokers in Hamilton say no RHD

Need help... I really do not want to pay Facility $5000-$6000 a year

Comment

I can't believe that some of you guys are paying 5-6k per year for insurance, that's ludicrous. I would call your local MOT office and ask for some help. I know in Quebec they can legally force an insurance company to cover you, I don't know if they would even give you the time of day but its worth a shot.

What if you ask for them to put a $10,000 deductible on your plan?? would that work? because lets face it, how many people that don't "total" their cars actually claim on their insurance??

Oh and just to rub it in a bit, I pay $1100 per year for full coverage.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
              The GT-R doesn't run on gas, but on the tears of children.

Comment

^ Who are you covered with?
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                  ^ Who are you covered with?
                  I'm with Intact. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Comment

No problem...do you know if they're accepting new Rhd customers?
                    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Unfortunately I think I was one of the last one's to get insured with them, when my brother and I bought our cars in 2005 he got insured with intact, the very next day when we went to pick mine up they refused me, after a bit of arguing they agreed to insure me but after that i think they started to refuse people. it's unfortunate as it's just a car, I mean they could just say "we'll insure you for responsibility only and no theft / damage" but sadly that's not the case.

Comment

I'll give them a try anyway, doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks for that info
                        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

any word? im in the same boat.
                          2009 Cobalt SS
                          1998 Civic CX
                          1992 Pulsar GTiR

Comment

No luck from my end.
                            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

1.Move away from Ontario
                              2.???
                              3.Live a long and prosper rhd car filled life at $80 a month!
                              4.Profit!
                              BNR32- Sold
                              1998 Evolution V

Comment

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
                                With RHD, IMHO your best bet is a broker... if he can't find insurance for you, he doesn't get payed. Simple as that. Costs more though (obviously).
                                Thats because when one gets into an accident, the cops always think the RHD driver is some punk street racer who was driving wreckless, assumes they are at fault and slaps them with label "at fault."
                                Double track drift, yo.
                                http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Working...
                                X