Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any <21 Skyline Drivers On Here, Insured as Primary??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any <21 Skyline Drivers On Here, Insured as Primary??

What's up guys, due to unforeseen circumstances, I must be insured as the primary driver on my soon-to-come GT-R.
    I'm 20 and my rate just went up from 420 to 1400 a month on my Mazda 6 since I became primary. This is with Coseco Insurance, and I was quoted 8400 from BelAir Direct but the hassle of changing ownership and starting fresh in a new company has made me decide to stay with the current company and pray things get better.

Would like to know what some extremely young skyline owners are paying as primary and if i should be considering a new company. BTW, Coseco was willing to insure the GT-R under my dad and have me as occasional but that's only if my brother returns from Korea by renewal time.
    97' R33 GT-R Vspec
    Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

wtf! 420 a month is crazy never mind 1400! im 19 and in bc i am primary and i pay ~200 a month.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

ah, the joys of living in ontario..
      97' R33 GT-R Vspec
      Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

maybe i should consider moving out to BC...
        97' R33 GT-R Vspec
        Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

why are your rates so high? Im 19 as a secondary on my honda and rates are like $75 a month.. primary would be $$270/mo
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

well, i had one accident when i was 16...very stupid and payed a lawyer tons of money to make it better, still suffering though. that resulted in a failure to safely overtake ticket i believe, and i also have one speeding ticket for 15 over. that's it though, i personally dont think its that bad but insurance companies do.
            97' R33 GT-R Vspec
            Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

19.. 10over speedin ticket.. 95/month

Comment

I'm 20y/o and primary on a Celica GT-Four, and currently pay approx $200/month. I have a crystal clear record, not even an official warning, so that helps a bundle. With the accident and tickets on your record it will be tough to get even close to $200/month. I wouldn't expect anything less than $400.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                  why are your rates so high? Im 19 as a secondary on my honda and rates are like $75 a month.. primary would be $$270/mo
                  Who are you with on that Honda because I pay 180 on my Corolla and I'm an occasional.
                  Polish Power

Comment

Jesus, reading this, I think I'm overpaying a stupidly high amount... $420/mnth. for a 2000 Windstar. No accidents or tickets. I think I need to switch companies
                    Originally posted by kengeroo
                    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                    ...don't drink and ebay
                    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Im 20 I pay $160 no collision coverage thou

Comment

I'm 23 with an accident from when I was 18 and I pay 160 comp. on my Silverado. Facility being the only company I could find to insure my skyline seems to have jumped from 350/month to 450/month to 550/month over the last 3 years. They seem to want an extra hundy a month every year. I'm gonna park my car until Im 28.
                        Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Im 20 and I just put insurance on my GTR today and will be paying $168/month for full coverage with no accidents or tickets on record.

Comment

Yet another insurance thread.
                            To the OP all I have to say is good luck.
                            If I hear about that "occasional" driver scam again I'm gonna **** bricks.
                            If it IS your parents car...fine. If it's YOUR car....insure it that way or dont own one.
                            Fraud = we all suffer.

/Rant
                            '89 GTST - SOLD
                            '92 GTR
                            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

dude at 400+ or anything else close to that i would say **** off and id take the bus. thats ~15 bucks a day give or take plus gas... yea id walk
                              Attached Files
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                              X