• Time
  • Show
Clear All

$12,000/year?

That's a new GTR every year..
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by ochana24 View Post
      I was also thinking I put the ownership under my dads name and go as occasional but I'm not sure if I can do that since we already have 2 cars insured
      Thats called fraud. Lets not make our insurance situation worse now, ya hear....
      Ya gotta pay to play with these cars...espescially if you are younger.
      If you're approved for a 10k loan, better add another 10 for your first year of maintenance/repairs....especially if you import a "fresh" one....
      Just the truth man...

Rick
      '89 GTST - SOLD
      '92 GTR
      '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
      '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno-Vibe View Post
        WTF 10 grand /year insurance? how many accidents have you had? Lant requires minimum of 25 and it cant be your Daily Driver. As for the terra imports, I thought they renamed themselves under something else and that site is outdated so alot of the stock is either in Japan or already sold.

There is a few threads complaining about them, too.
        27 yr old male
        licensed 9 years

6 years accident record includes

nov 12 2010 environmental phenomina 100% at fault

feb 17th 2011 was hit in toronto ( broker didnt transfer coverage properly and was negligent leading to me at fault even thought i was 0 at fault ) 100% at fault

march 20th 2011 was hit by beck taxi in toronto 0 % at fault

3 year abstract

disobey legal sign ( u-haul with faulty brakes)
        15 km over in 80km
        tv in view of driver
        disobey stop sign ( false claim that actually stuck , thanks for sucking niagara falls)

and thats what did it

not the accidents as i was protected

but the 3 minors got me dropped by certas

and until i have only 2 items on my record ( accidents or tickets) i cant be insured by lant

until my record drops below 3 minors ( accidents dont matter to certas) they wont take me back

soo im not driving till june 2014

Comment

Good advice above. My .02 cents - get a LHD beater, insure it as your primary till 2014 - and duck man - don't make any claims or get any tickets during this time.

Comment

my advice. GTFO of ontario.
            RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

Yea man listen to what these guys are saying. 10 grand will get you a car but to maintain it is a whole other ball game. Ive dropped 10 grand on my GTR and thats after buying it. I need two new turbos and its gonna need and engine rebuild after this summer.. theres another 10 grand right there

Comment

Working...
              X