Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grey Market vehicle application form for new Ontario emissions rules!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afix View Post
    How are you even supposed to submit the form? Mail? I was handed the form by canadian tire and told to send it in but told me they dont know how. Its completely absurd that they need photos of my car for emissions testing. how does how my car look impact emissions? My car is already in the MTO/Driveclean system, ******* ridiculous
    Just fax it in to the phone number on the form.

The test itself should be no problem to pass, cause for greys they test to 1980 emissions standards.

Since the standards for our cars are sooo tollerant, I just think the MTO wants to make sure this loophole is not abused by non-imports.
    www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Alright thanks.

The test itself is an absolute joke, my rx7 passed with just a straight pipe, no cats resonators or anything. I just dont get why they need pictures, they have a drive clean cert. tech doing the test so would he not be able to confirm its actually a jdm import? It just doesnt make any sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by afix View Post
        Alright thanks.

The test itself is an absolute joke, my rx7 passed with just a straight pipe, no cats resonators or anything. I just dont get why they need pictures, they have a drive clean cert. tech doing the test so would he not be able to confirm its actually a jdm import? It just doesnt make any sense to me.
        Makes no sense to me either... Especially considering the tech is on live two way video call with MTO. Plus the tech takes pics of the all same things and submits them anyway.
        www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

From what I understand they want pictures to confirm it is grey market.
          Currently it's a ridiculous changeover. Lots of shops are dropping DriveClean because they have to buy new equipment, and get re-certified. Even in our area it's hard to find somewhere that can do it now.
          Such a colossal waste of time for everyone.
          I guess the good news is that it will be easier to pass.
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Was an article in our paper down here in Sarnia I just noticed, a couple MP's are pushing just to drop Drive Clean all together.
            Theyre saying it's run it's course and is now "an inneffective money waster".
            Lets hope they're successful.

Rick
            '89 GTST - SOLD
            '92 GTR
            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

The emission test in Ontario has come too far now to be diminished completely. What I'd like to see however is a change in the valid time frame of a passed test.

Two years is a joke. I'd like to see it last five years... one can only hope.
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I just lost the ability to forever buy two-year stickers because when I plated my new car it was half way through a two year sticker. Fack.
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Has anyone experienced the new etest in Ontario?
                  Apparently they don't use the sniffer in the exhaust, just go off of sensor readings
                  How does that work for guys with stand alone ecu's? How would it read my numbers? I don't even know what I have goin on for sensors or whatever, just hope there isn't an issue for a future etest
                  R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                  Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

apparently its cars 1997 and older that will stay the same, 1998 and newer uses a direct plug into the ecu. theres a big thread on SON240 about it...
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Thank you
                      Good to know, had a minor panic lol

Went to get an etest done on my 99 civic. It fails. I scratch my head. Noticed the fuse panel cover on the floor of the drivers side. Think nothing. Drive to a buddy's shop and plug it in, no codes. Drive back, show him no codes, runs it and it passes. Long story short these losers pulled a fuse so it wouldnt read. Let the etest corruptions continue.
                      R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                      Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Just bought a 2003 Dodge Ram. Passed the new e-test no problem.
                        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I have run an RB26dett, Mods to note are 272 cams and larger injectors... emissions stuff is all intact: charcoal canister and valve covers are vented to the intake pipes(OEM). With a Magnaflow cat and a GOOD tune, (highly recommend RSTUNING) I passed no problem. Had it 6 years and NOT registered as a grey market vehicle. BTW i get 8-10L/100km on the highway. same economy as my BMW lol

RSTUNING.CA
                          Radek will help you pass legitimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboner View Post
                            I have run an RB26dett, Mods to note are 272 cams and larger injectors... emissions stuff is all intact: charcoal canister and valve covers are vented to the intake pipes(OEM). With a Magnaflow cat and a GOOD tune, (highly recommend RSTUNING) I passed no problem. Had it 6 years and NOT registered as a grey market vehicle. BTW i get 8-10L/100km on the highway. same economy as my BMW lol

RSTUNING.CA
                            Radek will help you pass legitimately.
                            If you just bought the car and want to change ownership, sure.

If it's already registered to you and you just need to renew your sticker, all you need is a conditional pass. Any garage with DriveClean equipment can help you with that. No re-tuning required and very straight forward.
                            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

here in vancouver we are in our final year of aircare, same type of stuff. they came to the conclusion that most of the vehicles that originally were causing the most smog/polution are now off the roads. thus the air care is no longer needed.

i thank the new pope that we wont have to go through it anymore.

Comment

Just found out I had to submit my vehicle for this stuff.

More hoops to jump through.

Another potential snag, anything MY 2000 and up won't be eligible for grey market. Which is 90% of R34's.
                                I asked on the phone what they plan on doing and it sounds like without OBD2 they aren't going to be etestable, which means you won't be driving one in Ontario.

Thanks obama.
                                1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                                2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                                2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Working...
                                X