insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance

Called lant and hagerty today to try and get insurance and they both no longer do right hand drive vehicles. Lant will but vehicle has to be over 25yrs old. Is their any companies left that offer reasonable rates for guys who use the vehicle as a secondary pleasure vehicle?

Called meloch monnex who I'm with and they won't do it either. Read the thread " insurance bible for ont. " and it looks like faculty may be my only option. I was going to pull the triggering on a car this weekend but this could be the nail in that coffin.

Comment

The Personal does.

Comment

Just called the personal and they declined me based on right hand drive. Anyway federated does but I can't get a quote until tomorrow ughh

Comment

Granted I'm in Quebec and I know insurance policies for companies vary by province, but I used to be with Personal (which is a sub-division of Desjardins btw) and they never accepted to take the car.

30 years old, 14 years driving experience, no claims, no tickets, had been with them for over 10 years with my other car and home. I ended up droppping everything with them because they wouldn't do it and all they said was "good luck". They didn't even twitch.

You may be able to find obscure companies that still do it, but you'll have to spend 2 weeks on the phone. Facility will rape you up the ass. Literally.

And people on here won't give out the companies that still do because they do not want to lose what they have. As soon as a company gets known for insuring at an acceptable price, the flood gates open and they quickly start refusing everyone and dropping policies.
          Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 05-22-2014, 10:24 AM.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

i managed to get into lant before they switched to the 25 year rule. it is crazy how noone is willing to insure these cars even with good driving records.

Comment

Originally posted by BUMHUMPER View Post
              i managed to get into lant before they switched to the 25 year rule. it is crazy how noone is willing to insure these cars even with good driving records.
              because any RHD car WILL kill you and everyone around it. you have to remember that it IS the car not the driver
              Jordie Lewis
              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

federated, farmers mutual, and soon to be RightDrive in toronto(rumored, however when i was there at the end of april they said they hope to be up by late may, early june).

Comment

I don't know who you talked to at meloche Monnex but I got insurance though them on my GT-R (called them two nights ago). Granted it is only the bare minimum, not comprehensive, and I have my other vehicle with them and my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Kevin S.

Current: 1992 Skyline GT-R (on the way!)
                  EX - 1995 BMW E36 M3
                  EX - 1993 Silvia S14 w/S15 Front
                  EX - 1990 Skyline GTS-T Type M

Comment

Talked with meloch monnex again and it's a no go, maybe it's because I'm in Ontario? Anyway got a quote with a broker which I'd assume went to facility, $3000 a year and you can't remove coverage for the winter ughh. I tried to get a quote with federated but they wouldn't give me a quote without providing the ownership, bill of sale, appraisal etc for a car I have not yet bought. I'm 33 clean record, if anyone has recently got insurence with federated can you pm me what you got quoted.. I can't believe how tough this is, $3000 a year for a car I would drive a couple times a week during the summer is crazy. If I could remove coverage at least during the winter it wouldn't be so bad!

Comment

Was talking to The Personal the other day. Sorry to have mislead you but they told me they were no longer covering rhd cars. I'm not even gonna bother shopping. Once you're covered they won't drop you... hopefully.

Comment

I'll let you know about federated in a few days.
                        I'm 22 with a 10 over and 15 over ticket(that i got 2 days ago, damnit).
                        The car is 1990 gtr, they didn't ask for appraisal they wanted my bill of sale(300$ cause i bought as a shell), and the cost of vehicle new(31,000usd according to wiki). Just got my safety done yestarday so now i can send off for an estimate. I gotta fill out the forms but right now i'm in the process of moving.

Comment

rvander, good luck with two tickets in Ontario, I hope someone comes back with something reasonable at least. Mine is high, but mostly because facility and I let my G2 expire so that wrote off 5+ years of driving experience off my record.

Comment

I don't think Facility cares about your driving record. I'm 33 and my records is clean. Still got quoted $3400/year on a car that I had appraised at $3200
                            92 GTS-4

Comment

Yeah I'm just about ready to say screw it. Facility is the only company that will quote me and it's absurd. Probably just buy a rx-7 and throw an ls engine in it

Comment

Working...
                              X