No announcement yet.

insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, the appraisal doesn't really matter too much. Almost all of the cost is in liability, for which appraisal doesn't play any role.
    Originally posted by LordFly View Post
    Still got quoted $3400/year on a car that I had appraised at $3200

Comment

Bump if anyone can pm me what they pay with federated in Ontario I would really appreciate it. Holding off on buying a car till I can figure this out

Comment

If it's any help and can possibly give you ideas, when I originally bought my GTR, I had the insurance policy from the previous owner transfered directly to me. Since the company already knows the car, they "may" be willing to do it if you have a good record. Something you can check with current owners when you're shopping.

This was 7 years ago. Not sure they'd still do it today though given the RHD reputation nowadays.
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Is it just a "sports car" thing or is it a ghost town in Ont. for vehicles like Delicas, Hiaces, Carrys and all the other mundane people movers that come over?

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
            Is it just a "sports car" thing or is it a ghost town in Ont. for vehicles like Delicas, Hiaces, Carrys and all the other mundane people movers that come over?

Jon.
            It's anything RHD. Im on my third company since 2010 with my Pajero. 35, perfect record.
            My blood pressure comes up every time this topic does.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
            '89 GTST - SOLD
            '92 GTR
            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Holy crap those prices are insane. My 89 gtr full coverage insurance in the USA is 543 us every 6 months of driving, storage for winter will only be 126 for the 6 months of storage.

Comment

call statefarm... but u need to have a car with them. thats how i got in... but i pay $258 a month and i am taking it off the road this year... no time to drive due to work and dont want to pay for a car to sit there.

your better off to change ur address to somewhere else in canada that insures them.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_96 View Post
                  call statefarm... but u need to have a car with them. thats how i got in... but i pay $258 a month and i am taking it off the road this year... no time to drive due to work and dont want to pay for a car to sit there.

your better off to change ur address to somewhere else in canada that insures them.
                  That doesn't work unless you change everything.
                  Ex....you can't have one address on your insurance and another on your license and/or registration.
                  Then you'd need that provinces plates, oop, etc.
                  Seems like a lot of BS.
                  Now if there's an out of province company that would give a policy without changing ANYTHING, that would be worth looking at.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
                  '89 GTST - SOLD
                  '92 GTR
                  '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                  '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

I guess we have a nice trade-off for living in the most heavily taxed place in north america. My insurance is $400 for 6 months and they could give a turkey how much HP it has. The government insurance HAS to insure you, it's the law.

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Here that's facility insurance, if the car passes safety they have to insure it, but they can and do charge hella dumb rates.
                      The government insurance HAS to insure you, it's the law.

Comment

I guess I should clarify that they HAVE to insure you at a rate that reflects your driving status. They don't care what thw vehicle is. You would pay about the same for a Lambo to a Civic to a Skyline to a truck. The Lambo would be a bit more because of the write-off value but, its not 10 times more, only about double. Worst case is about $3000 per year with the discount for a million dollar car.

If you have a few tickets, no biggie....if you have a few accidents though...yikes. But there are ways around that too...pm me if you want the trick.

Jon.

Comment

Wow, guess im still one of the lucky ones 153/yr and just renewed ...
                          '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                          '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Wow...that is crazy cheap. Sounds like the collector insurance we have in BC. The only catch is it must be 100% stock...$200/year though....

Jon.

Comment

Wow...that is crazy cheap. Sounds like the collector insurance we have in BC. The only catch is it must be 100% stock...$200/year though....

Jon.
                              Collector insurance.... but it has no limitations.... submitted my new appraisal with renewal as well since i just had an rb30 put in and tuned, and they still accepted it
                              '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                              '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

25+ years old though?

For 1959 and older there is a street rod type collector plate...anything goes. Blown 555 Chevy on methanol in your '55 Belair...nooo problem.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                                X