No announcement yet.

Western Canada Skymeet & Track day 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will probably stay at the UBC accommodations, pretty cheap, and nice dorm rooms. Stayed there for a course last summer and had nothing bad to say.

Comment

What kind of events were you planning for the speedway?

Jon.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by RB20PWRD View Post
        If I can make it, this would be my first time on the track. Is that ok? Assuming I'd need an approved helmet.
        I'm in the same boat, any info on this? i definitely wouldnt mind needing an experienced ride along or something along those lines, i just wanna get out there

Comment

All:

Track/safety/equipment requirements will be laid out in full detail within the next day or two. Obvious things we know they will check for is a class approved racing helmet (Not sure if it needs to be full-face, will know very soon), safe brakes, seat belt, air bags not required, tire tread, and BATTERY TIED DOWN. Ive seen a few cars get turned around at the gate because of batteries secured using straps or some kind of bungy cord. This is NOT allowed. Please make sure your battery is bolted to the engine bay or you will not be allowed to race. Obviously we recommend no loose subs or heavy things. Most of it is common sense

Again, exact detailed information on this to come. Including the races will be organized that night.

Dates getting closer, started to get very excited to see everyone. I got confirmation on another 3 Skyline at a car show yesterday that will be join us.

Regards, Elliot

Comment

This is a fantastic idea but sadly my birthday is the day before and I have plans, probably won't be alive enough to make the drive anyways. I'm hoping for a big turnout and a good westcoast presence, hope yall have a blast!
            1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

Just stay up the entire night and keep going lol.

Right now I am 50/50 on going. Depends if I can leave work early or might arrive late.

Comment

Pretty sure im in.. Just have to talk to my boss of my other job.
                Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Im in.. but the question i have.. what are we using the track for.
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

We will be using the track for.. racing? haha.

We will be organizing a head-to-head racing system with three classes, FWD, AWD, RWD and will run a King of the Hill single elimination set up. GTR (And GTS-4's?) can pull their fuse if theyd like to run in the RDW class however this will need to verified by an organizer prior to the race.

Comment

For those of you who are buying event packages, now is the time to do so.
                      Your $20 goes a long way. It includes a Skymeet West 2013 Decal and Lanyard, Barbecue dinner Friday night, map and highlighted plan of our cruise route, contact numbers if you somehow get lost along the way to Vernon Motoplex Speedway from Classified Motorsports, plus additional sponsor swag (stickers, lanyards, plate frames). It is also your entry into the arena (racing or not). Bracelets will be given out to people who have pre-purchased event packages, by the Classified girls upon arrival on Friday night.
                      Please send your money via paypal to rebecca@classifiedmotorsports.com as I already have.
                      Last edited by ToddJ; 06-20-2013, 06:59 PM.
                      Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are, it relies solely on what you think.

Comment

how do we purchase that package?
                        also i think that you should keep the gtrs (awd) out of the classes that gtst's are in, its too easy to quickly pop a fuse back in.. i think that would be more fair,
                        maybe do a class for best gtr and best gtst aswell to give some of us underdogs a chance at winning something.

also where is the abbotsford pre meet happening? you mentioned that the chevron gas station was too small, which realizing now, its way too small for 15 + cars.
                        Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

Originally posted by nick-nismo View Post
                          how do we purchase that package?
                          also i think that you should keep the gtrs (awd) out of the classes that gtst's are in, its too easy to quickly pop a fuse back in.. i think that would be more fair,
                          maybe do a class for best gtr and best gtst aswell to give some of us underdogs a chance at winning something.

also where is the abbotsford pre meet happening? you mentioned that the chevron gas station was too small, which realizing now, its way too small for 15 + cars.
                          +1 for purchasing the packages. Do we just send $20 to the paypal with our name attached in the notes?

EDIT: I've sent the money, with a note attached stating my name and what car im driving. Hopefully this gets recorded. Otherwise please inform us if you would like any other info.
                          Last edited by nimblestix; 06-20-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Nick and Brent- to answer your questions, the class divisions are still up for debate and are not set in stone. We are discussing keeping the GTS'T and GTR's in separate categories. If you have any more ideas or suggestions, please throw them out there.

As for purchasing your event package, the $20 can be sent to rebecca@classifiedmotorsports.com via paypal with your name and car entry. This will be recorded, and you will be put on the official paid entry list. Rebecca is in charge of the finances behind Skymeet West 2013.
                            When we arrive on Friday, bracelets will be given out to those who have paid.
                            Nick, you are in charge of the Abbotsford pre-meet, just let everyone know what location it will be at.
                            Please choose one that can fit all of the Victoria/ Vancouver/ Richmond participants, (roughly 30 of us) and so that when we join up with you guys it can be a smooth transition to the highway.
                            Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are, it relies solely on what you think.

Comment

Exactly, we dont want to put a firm format on vehicle classing because we first need to know how many show. We may end up chosing the classing Friday night when we have exact numbers. Our number one priority ahead of anything is ensuring that everyone gets to race and much as possible.

Possible class options:

RWD Class / FWD Class / AWD Class / Open Class (Challenge matches for any car)

GTR Class / GTST Class / (GTST4 Class?) / All other (Challenge matches for any car)

Another variable is all the other vehicles that will be joining us, Supra, RX7, STI's etc, which makes option 2 a lot less realistic. Skyline's will have track precedence but every vehicle is welcomed and encouraged to race. Motorbikes are not allowed on the track but are welcome for every other part of the weekend.

Comment

What kind of racing is going to be taking place? Since Vernon Motorplex is an oval are we having some skyline nascar?

Comment

Working...
                                X