On track photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On track photo

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

My favorite shot of my car on track. More pics at www.quebectuning.com under the trac racing time attack.
    勝つためには、澄んだ目と強い心を持っている必要があります

Is that spoiler for real?

Comment

I think it is, lets hope it serves a actual purpose :-|
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

well he's on a racetrack with a front adjustable spoiler, so my guess is the rear ain't there for show. I'm not a fan of it either but if it keeps the car planted, it has its use and it belongs there IMO.
        Alex
        1991 Skyline GT-R
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO

Comment

Originally posted by APL View Post
          Is that spoiler for real?
          Must be a french thing

jokes...
          '12 STi Sedan

Comment

It's an actual functional wing. It's set that high to function independantly of the turbulent boundry air that flows around the body. It's worth 1.41 seconds a lap at that track. We tested it back to back with 2 semi pro drivers on the same day same track conditions. This was done to eliminate a possible placebo effect . My car is a stock RB20det with front mount and exhaust running 11psi. I bought brakes to replace the single piston caliper non type m brakes that car came equiped with, but they didn't arrive in time for the events. I've won the last 2 time attacks that I've participated in . This was against far superior cars than mine. I'm running within 3 seconds of my buddy in his Porsche GT3 rsr. Everyone laughs when they first see it. Ask KLYS and Hamel ,they laughed too untill they saw how fast it ran.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus View Post
              I've won the last 2 time attacks that I've participated in . This was against far superior cars than mine.
              Great shot! Great job driving! Great Car!

Don't ever ever mix up far superior with far more expensive! (Unless you're actually up against superior cars - and there always is one- and you're just pointing out that a good driver makes a lesser car faster than greater car... , in which case I'd be the first to give you an atta boy for winning!)

I love the track for exposing the truth about cars and drivers. I don't always win, but I surprise quite a few people, which is waaayyy too much fun. Good job reppin the Skyline.

Cheers,
              Dan
              sigpic
              The Beaumont Connection

Comment

What a great post . Thanks! What I meant to say is that I managed to do well with an entry level Skyline. I've been faster that 3 GTRs in 2 different events.(The superior cars which I was referring to ) In the last event, I raced against better drivers than the first 2 . KLYS and Hamel are very good drivers who know what they are doing. I just want to continue developing my street car to show the potential they really have and that GTS-Ts aren't just drift cars. By the way, the aero aids I have, I remove when I drive on the street ( I agree they look terrible)

Comment

To be exact that wing height reminded me of the 1969 Dodge Daytona. The Daytona was the first street legal production car ever to reach speeds of 200mph and up. And it was all thanks to that huge spoiler and aerodynamic nose.

Here's a picture of a stock 1969 Dodge Daytona.

Google it to see all the different mods done to it for nascar races and stuff.

Also note that this car lead to the Plymouth Superbird (another winged warrior).

Comment

I designed the wing mounting to be removable after each event. It is held down by the stock spoiler so I didn't have to add any extra holes to the trunk lid. It has neoprene pads on each side not to scuff anything . It also use an fully adjustable fowler flap second element. It is presently set to full down force as to have some effect at between 120-140Km/Hr. Don't ask me what kind of values because I don't have access to a wind tunnel. The first time we installed it, the previously oversteering car became underpowered and started to push. I had to change the alignment settings to attain a neutral set up. This winter we concentrate on power upgrades.

Comment

Great job Opus, Klys gave me the inside scoop earlier this week

People are always quick to point and laugh...until you let the performance speak for itself. Look at F1 and all the new winglets. First they gawk, then they copy.

Awesome results guys!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Nice work Opus. Rear end looks planted nice and tight.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
                        For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

Thanks. Played with the ride heights when I corner weighed the car. The balance is pretty close to correct now.

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post
                            Great job Opus, Klys gave me the inside scoop earlier this week

People are always quick to point and laugh...until you let the performance speak for itself. Look at F1 and all the new winglets. First they gawk, then they copy.

Awesome results guys!
                            Nope probably still laugh after.

Comment

This wing is going to be transferred to our tube frame RX-7. I've acquired another carbon wing with a more aggressive chord design. I was thinking of mounting it something like the AMS EVO

Comment

Working...
                              X