Which dash option look better !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which dash option look better !?

Considering getting myself a Haltech IQ3 installed by my tuner which would be exactly like Lucky's dash setup. So I'm sure he doesnt mind if I steal his picture :

I will most likely get 6000K Super white SMD instead, but you get the idea :

Or my actual setup with chrome ring, 6000k SMD and 320kmh Nismo cluster :

All in all, the whole setup will cost me about 1100$ in parts and labour with exchange of my Nismo 320kmh cluster. Whats your take ?
    Haltech Iq3
    37.50%
    Nismo cluster
    62.50%
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

nismo cluster without the chrome rings.
    Jordie Lewis
    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Haltech if your serious about wanting more accurate measurements and more compact way of reading values. I prefer stack clusters. There's something to be said for analog tachs. Digital tachs don't give you quite the same visual reference
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

i vote for the haltech, but the nismo without the ring is realy nice too, do you realy need the haltech? or its just for the look? because its alot of money for a clutster

and what light bulb did you use in your actual cluster? mine as some blue plastic on the bulb but do not look blue at all

Comment

Originally posted by MaRcR32GtR View Post
          i vote for the haltech, but the nismo without the ring is realy nice too, do you realy need the haltech? or its just for the look? because its alot of money for a clutster

and what light bulb did you use in your actual cluster? mine as some blue plastic on the bulb but do not look blue at all
          cobraa used leds. If you want it the easy way, there are pre-assembled kits on ebay for cheap

I'd keep the nismo: not into digital screens when it comes to speedo and tach... not sure about the rings too...
          My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

I put the ring myself, I like them

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by MaRcR32GtR View Post

Already wrote in 1st post : they are T10 6000k smd :P I prefer the cool white then a pure blue or pure white.

And yeah.. Haltech have shift light built-in and let you see about anything your ECU can display, but I guess I could always keep a 10 inch 300$ laptop in my car too.. so yeah, I think its more for cool-factor than function or maybe I'm not enough of a driver to make good use of these parameters displayed.

Comment

I like your original setup, leave the spaceship look, just my opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd say haltech when money ain't a problem. Forget the 20 year old stuff.
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Id say something like this would look good:

This is 01 DIGITAL (do not look at it like Nismo 260 km/h gauge) Maxima speedo conversion that im currently doing!!! The main problem im fighting is not a spedo (R33), mounting actual gauge or making ECU understand what speed am i going with, the main problem is that speedo gauge have different colour bluish color plastic from factory, so if I use same bulbs it looks different and stupid!

Little bit time consuming but VERY RARE and UNIQUE...
                    TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

I like and am doing the iq3. It just makes for a cleaner install no need for any other gauges like wideband and boost controller etc why not just run everything through the ecu? All those gauges are just as much money as the iq3 display dash and then you can keep the rest of the dash looking basically factory. I never liked the idea of digital speedo but i got an 8'th gen civic si a yeAr ago and now i love the digital readout.
                      Last edited by gtrjerry73; 01-14-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X