93' R32 Okinawa, JP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93' R32 Okinawa, JP

Well, I finally got my new toy. I have been meeting with sellers and haggling and getting BS'ed by people for weeks but I finally (this past week) got my car.

93' R32 GTR
    106,xxx kms
    Jasma exhaust
    ??? blue strut bar
    TRUST suspension
    MOMO steering wheel

And I think that's it. I really want to do big things with it but haven't even begun. I'm still trying to find places on this little island to even find parts. So, with that... a few pictures (if I can).

Nice looking GTR

Comment

Damn White is right on GTR's
      RobertDawe
      1999 C34 RS4S

Comment

THX I hope to learn a lot from the site and make some good connections along the way.

Comment

Ah how I miss Okinawa...proposed to my wife there. Bought our wedding rings in a little shop in Naha. Cool place, saw first hand the Toyota Cavalier (a RHD Chevy rebadged as a Toyota...and yes, it was a sales flop because of crappy fit and finish + reliability woes).

Show us more...

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Welcome to the club and love a good white R32 GTR.
            Located in Yokohama, email or PM if you need any help.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
            For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

I got so many freakin' questions and ideas in my head its hard to do all the research I need. I could probably post a thread in every topic on this forum for all the crap I'm wondering. Searching is helping a bit but I'm pulling up a lot of old old threads and its taking quite some time. I'll try to get some things off my chest on the forum somewhere tonight. Thanks again, for the responses.

Comment

There isnt alot of info on here that is blatantly wrong and what there is usually gets sorted out in the thread that its in. There isnt alot with these cars that hasnt been adressed in the last 10 years. Try and stick to threads that are no more than 5 years old though...a lot of the really early ones were not all that helpfull...some are but, not many.

Jon.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I've found a handful of answers so far and I'm loving it. Not trying to create a whole big thing about my issues but I'm gonna throw out a few things here and see if anyone can help...

I had an issue finding out the difference between different headlights (projector, non-projector, H3, H3C, N1, blah blah blah) and I've decided to stick with my stock projectors and bought an HID kit online specifically for the H3C bulbs. We'll see if thats worth it. This weekend I plan on looking into cracking my factory headlights open and maybe painting them with High-temp paint to make them look like N1 headlights. Are there pictures of anyone's here that have done this?

I've found a lot of info about the Power FC by A'PEXi and I think I'll look into that for computer tuning (at least for now). They're damn cheap here in Japan. Just wondering... is there a language setting on the controller? Like, if I buy a JDM controller vs. USDM controller will I have an issue reading menus and whatnot? Is there even a difference between a JDM and USDM purchase?

How reliable are the factory oil and water pumps? A friend here says that I should immediately look into upgrading them but I'm really nowhere near putting down any serious horsepower. Just wondering if they are unreliable or if he's just talking out of his arse.

Comment

OH, and do the GTR sideskirts/spats come as a set? Can I have the rear spats without sideskirts or sideskirts without spats? I want the little spats in front of the rear wheel but not trying to get some crazy sideskirts if they aren't necessary...

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!

To answer a couple of your Q's:

For a stock, late model R32 the OEM oil pump and water pump will be sufficient. When I did my 100K service (timing belt, waterpump, timing pulley, spring tensioner, spark plugs, ignition harness) I upgraded my water pump to a N1 pump since it was about the same cost anyway. There's a pretty decent thread/article on the N1 pump vs the OE pump somewhere on the internets. I haven't changed my oil pump and car has been running fine, mind you my car is purely a street car and I don't drive like I stole it.

Not sure if the spats/sideskirts are 2 seperate pieces, but the N1 sideskirts are quite nice and not out of place at all.

Here are some pics of my blacked out headlights. I took out the silver ring around the projector as well:

Comment

OMG, black is beautiful.

Headlight painting is defnitely coming... All the beauty of N1 without giving up the projector... I dig it. Thanks for sharing! Pictures are worth 1000 words to me.

Comment

If you use knockoff fiberglass N1 spats then you can just put them right over the non-N1 skirts after a bit of trimming. The factory N1 spats can be put over them as well but they are much thicker and you need to carve off quite a bit more from the leading edge of the spat. There is a step the fits under the N1 skirt and the skirt is shorter. You could also cut the factory skirt to fit over the step on the spat (the preffered method).

Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                            You could also cut the factory skirt to fit over the step on the spat (the preffered method).
                            Whatcha mean?

Comment

The N1 skirt is shorter than the regular one, by the same length as the spat. Try and find a pic of the spat on the net to see what the step looks like and that will explain it better. The N1 skirt has an abrubt end to it up front to go over the step on the front spat, it does the same at the back. I have never heard of anyone doing it that way but after holding both items in my hands and sizing it up it would be a piece of cake. I'm sure people have done it and just not mentioned it because the final result looks factory.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X