Squirmos87's Metallic Blue Pearl BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirmos87's Metallic Blue Pearl BNR32

Whats up guys! I have been on this site particularly looking for parts but I find myself on it more and more to get ideas and to read up on some of the GTR build threads, which I have to say are quite impressive. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone whom I purchased parts from or spoken with. Due to your efforts I have reached a point in my own build where I am proud to share. Let me know what you guys think of my baby.

Note: The other cars aren't mine, my car is with my buddy until we can arrange shipment from Texas to California.

Voltex 1700mm

Before the canards were installed

Before the badges and exhaust shield

Before the canards were installed

Canards on

Badged + exhaust shield

Respect your elders (Datsun 610, 1UZ swapped AE86, my BNR32)
    Last edited by squirmos87; 09-26-2014, 03:55 PM.

Great looking car! Nice to see our friends south of the boarder doing such a good job. Friends cars look solid too!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
      Great looking car! Nice to see our friends south of the boarder doing such a good job. Friends cars look solid too!
      Thanks a lot Bobbo! I'm just trying to catch up with the crowd! Lol

Comment

This is excellent! Abflug up front and rear diffuser with ganador mirrors and n1 skirts.. My favourite look for a bnr32, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
          This is excellent! Abflug up front and rear diffuser with ganador mirrors and n1 skirts.. My favourite look for a bnr32, well done!
          Thanks! Although i will be the first to admit the front and rear diffusers are replicas for the moment. I wanted to see how well these managed the streets I'll be on before moving to the real, much more expensive thing. All else on this car authentic though!

Comment

Authentic means nothing, if it looks the part and acts the part...it is the part. Good job on the car man, don't give in to the big brand pressure that so many JDM owners tend to do. I'll be one to admit I gave in and it cost me more than it should have..

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
              Authentic means nothing, if it looks the part and acts the part...it is the part. Good job on the car man, don't give in to the big brand pressure that so many JDM owners tend to do. I'll be one to admit I gave in and it cost me more than it should have..

sent from a galaxy far, far away
              I strongly appreciate the words of wisdom! I've had several other cars in the past and the actual brand of products used weren't as important to me, but given the rarity of this kind of car (in camparison to Canada, Australia, Japan etc) I just wanted to do it right, but i see where your'e coming from. It should attending one of the largest vintage Japanese car shows held in Texas today so i should have some more photos or links to share soon. The show is being put on by MayDay Garage if you care to look into them now.

Comment

Nice start! I'm really liking your buddy's 86, very clean.

Let me tell you, I ran a replica TS rear diffuser, a JUN lip rep, and now a AB Flug front diffuser rep, and am I glad I didn't shell out the money for the real deal. My rear diffuser got ripped off when I ran over a dead coyote one night, my JUN lip lasted for 3 years before I cracked it in half by parking too close to a curb, and within a week of getting my AB front diffuser it fell on one side while I was driving down the highway (I had zipties holding the front section on). Additionally the AB lip is so low I scrape on every dip, gradient, ramp, pothole, etc.

I won't cheap out on mechanical/safety systems, but aero is one thing that I am not willing to pay premium for.

Comment

Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                  Nice start! I'm really liking your buddy's 86, very clean.

Let me tell you, I ran a replica TS rear diffuser, a JUN lip rep, and now a AB Flug front diffuser rep, and am I glad I didn't shell out the money for the real deal. My rear diffuser got ripped off when I ran over a dead coyote one night, my JUN lip lasted for 3 years before I cracked it in half by parking too close to a curb, and within a week of getting my AB front diffuser it fell on one side while I was driving down the highway (I had zipties holding the front section on). Additionally the AB lip is so low I scrape on every dip, gradient, ramp, pothole, etc.

I won't cheap out on mechanical/safety systems, but aero is one thing that I am not willing to pay premium for.
                  Word! Dude, i want your rims! haha! ill give you my LMGT-1s for them

Comment

Off to a Mayday Garage Vintage Japanese Car Meet in Houston, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by squirmos87 View Post
                      Word! Dude, i want your rims! haha! ill give you my LMGT-1s for them
                      I like the works too much!

Comment

Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                        I like the works too much!
                        ive got other stuff too, lol

Comment

at the Mayday Garage Nostalgic Meet...

Comment

more photos i ran across...

Comment

my car finally arrived from texas to california! i couldnt leave it alone very long but here is how she sits (more to come out of the parts pile though, lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X