Another first run at dragstrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another first run at dragstrip

Went to Bud Park in Edmonton and ran my GTR last night. My car is pretty much stock. Cat back exhaust and M's intakes, I'm still running stock boost (0.65bar).

My best run was 13.6@100mph 1.8 60' time. Not too bad, first time ever drag racing. Now I need a downpipe, decat and a boost controller. I think high 12s would be possible from those mods alone.

R32.4 GTR

what is your launch RPM?

if you raise boost to 1.0 bar you should break under 13 seconds.

I did 12.98@107 with stock turbos, nismo downpipe cat hks catback.

i now have R32 Nismo turbos ( much larger intake and exhaust wheels)
    And no cat. should run low 12's maybe even high 11's with proper tune.
    Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

Didn't seem to be enough time when lining up to pay real attention to my launch rpm. It was high enough not to bog but also to slip all 4 wheels. I was getting 1.8 60' times which is pretty good I guess.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

coming from FWD's and RWD's my two GTR's were my first AWD.

With my Advan A048's the tires Grip and pull. Zero slip.

1.55 60' for me.
        Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

The track was pretty slippery. I can only compare with the other awd cars but the STi had a 1.9 60', and a 10 second talon had a high 1.8 60' as well.

It was 5C outside near the last runs, traction was definitly an issue. When I tried to avoid the waterbox I still managed to drive through some water for every run as well.

I have an MBC, I'm going to install it and set it for 1 bar to see what happens. There is another race this Friday, maybe I can get some follow up runs.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Originally posted by mwracing View Post
            coming from FWD's and RWD's my two GTR's were my first AWD.

With my Advan A048's the tires Grip and pull. Zero slip.

1.55 60' for me.
            That's a pretty good 60ft. time for street tires.How do you launch your car?
            Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

be carefull with a manual boost control, they can be sketcky and can easyly overboost you. Not sure what the gtr turbos can take my self
              2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
              1969 Cooper S. Restored
              1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

just take the boost restrictor out for now. It will give you enough boost to get your 1 bar.

Also, Martin dont forget we are no where near sea level like you guys at mission raceway! I think the alt is good for PLUS .5 of a second to our times.

Comment

Working...
                X