Places to race around vancouver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to race around vancouver?

So I've googled for a good hour, the only legal place to race that i found was Mission raceway. Are there any more tracks besides that around Vancouver some seasonal ones may be?
    I understand from watching top gear and reading some european/uk forums, track days are really big in europe. You can go racing for 500$, people buy beaters and go race the crap out of them, how come there isn't anything around vancouver

lol sorry dude mission is your only bet that i know of for a track. or a short drive accross the border and you have pacific raceways.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Does anybody have any experience going to pacific raceways in their skyline? I heard from a friend of mine that its a bad idea to go to US in a skyline. Apparently their cops like to impound skylines.

Comment

Track days in BC are almost non existent, liability waiver forms in BC mean nothing when something goes wrong and the case it taken to court. If someone does want to get something going then noise bylaws come into effect and no one can run their vehicles WOT. Safety inspection and Ambulances need to be on site for most events and that adds to cost.

You can run the Solo Sprint in Mission Raceway when they do track days, info @ http://www.solobc.com

You can run the UBCSCC track days, Falcon on the forums here helps run it I believe, info @ http://www.ubcscc.com/index.shtml#events
        edit: see http://forums.gtrcanada.com/western-...y-program.html for more info as well.

As to crossing the border, they are getting tighter on enforcement, they often turn you around and deny entry but I haven't heard of impounding canadian owned cars. The enforcement agencies in the states are impounding illegally imported cars down there which are all Skylines registered down there (25 year rule) and may deny you thinking you are selling your car.
        Last edited by mfroese; 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM.
        sigpic
        89 Nissan Skyline GTS-t sports limited sedan
        4 door love.

Comment

Just race on the street. WOT to the next light then slam on the brakes.
          GTRC-OG

Comment

Umm i got pulled over for loud exhaust. I got pulled over on saturday coming home after work at noon, and the cop asked me if I was drinking tonight(lol?). Yesterday on the highway almost got pulled over for doing a 100... Some cop in an unmarked chevy suv flashed lights at me when i downshifted to catch up to the car ahead of me. I don't think i can race between the lights hah.

Comment

hahah nice man. yea ive been turned around a few times at the border but i dont think they will impound your car lol...
              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

If you skyline is a registered canadian vehicle they have no legal right to impound you car...thats like saying they could impound every single car from canada that tries to cross the border lol.....
                gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

Working...
                X