No announcement yet.

Godzilla at "The Glen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics and vids? Waiting to see that fine piece of machinery going around glen!
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

I've been shamefully lazy about sitting down at my computer and getting the vids and pics up. It was quite an adventure and not all good.
      I didn't get many pics or vids one was from my car with little traffic, another from my friends M3 and (of course) the best one with me tangling with a Caymen Cup Car didn't work. I pushed the button on the GoPro but nothing happened and was a little busy to frig with it.

Comment

I might as well update here. I'm only 7 months late.

Starting with getting across the border. Huge PITA! US customs was not going to let the car in despite my having all kinds of supporting paperwork as to why I was going. The two friends I had with me were a huge help. One being a lawyer/crown prosecutor retired Supreme Court Master Judge. Everyone stayed calm and patient and I was finally directed to a local bondsman. I paid $263US for a temporary import bond and they let me in with a caution. If I didn't return within a few hours of when I said I would be there would be a $60k fine!!! So if anyone is planing on crossing the border and want to make it a little easier contact me first. I've got some solid tips for ya.
        So we finally get to Watkins Glen and get set up in our garage bay...

The car ended up attracting a lot of attention as they're still very rare in the US.
        I filled up with 96 octane, added a pinch of boost and headed out for a couple of sessions, then POW!
        I blew a big hole in the lower charge pipe supply to the intercooler.
        We reluctantly tried this...

Failure of course but I was desperate.
        Then a very friendly M5 owner came over, looked over my shoulder and said "I can fix that for $30!"
        This is one of the things I love about these events but the people are awesome! Millionaires to military makes no difference.
        Turns out this guy is a materials engineer for Pratt & Whitney. So he's qualified
        Here's the fix...

I had that on there for 3 weeks with no issue!
        On my way home I bought a full HKS hard piping kit. This looks better...

... more to come.

Comment

Do you only get a hard time at the border if you have your skyline on a trailer ? What about driving it down to tour around the usa for a weekend ?

Comment

That's a good question. Twice before I drove across the border with no issues but was going to Quebec.
            It may have had something to do with having the car on the trailer.
            Best to get your ducks in a row well before setting out to be sure and not be held up at the border or turned around.

Comment

Working...
            X