Media accepting ICBC study rebuttal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media accepting ICBC study rebuttal

The media is finally starting to accept this. We are working with Dale over at CAVI (along with several other importers) to push out more of these types of articles. Once we have the funds to do so, they will be sent out on a coast to coast press release.

The article I am referring to now is from Steve Wallace at the Times Colonist. It can be viewed here: http://rightdrive.ca/news/view/270

Matty
    RightDrive Inc
    Last edited by Matty; 11-15-2010, 11:53 AM.

Nice, we need more of that. Journalists in BC are jumping on anything that makes the current government look crooked, mostly because they are. This isn't as juicy as the Write-Off scam that ICBC insiders were pulling a few years back, but it's another example of corruption.

Keep up the good work.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Very good to see stuff like this being written up and exposed to the press.

Is it true that a kid will be more likely to kill himself in a performace 180sx over a performance 240sx? NO, The steering wheel placement does not matter, it is the driver.

Canada should be doing studies on this pathetic Road test and training that we have. They don't prepare you for any vehicle, in any condtion.

Drivers are becoming the biggest problem, not the cars

A lot should be done about the laws of the road and a lot should be taught to people before they get behind a wheel
      sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
      ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Agreed. Driver's Ed should be mandatory, instead of costing an arm and a leg. It's ridiculous. Great to see that people are FINALLY getting that that stupid study is flawed out the wazoo
        Originally posted by kengeroo
        that's what I thought when I opened the package..
        ...don't drink and ebay
        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Snake556 View Post
          Agreed. Driver's Ed should be mandatory, instead of costing an arm and a leg. It's ridiculous. Great to see that people are FINALLY getting that that stupid study is flawed out the wazoo
          it should be mandatory and the costs are fine... the costs would help keep bad drivers off the road... and if the costs are too much for the unwealthy thats fine too... it will keep poor vehicles off the road...

alot of the junk 100$ cars out there are being driven by 'good' drivers, but they dont realise that part of being a 'good' driver is having a regularly maintained and in good working order vehicle...
          How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
          \'90 GTR32

Comment

From a financial perspective drivers ed pays off quickly with lower insurance premiums, 10% under age 25, 40% over 25.
            Consider it an investment both from a monetary and (theoretically) a life saving point of view.

That being said I have seen some terrible drivers ed instructors in TO not exactly practicing what they preach. In order to get real value for drivers ed there should be some stronger testing of driving instructors/schools IMO
            1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
            Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

RHD are not the same to drive so I do understand why some people have issues with these cars in Canada, however, I don't see why additional drivers education courses for such cars can't be available or maybe another license if it's such a big deal...
              Last edited by NismoS-tune; 11-18-2010, 02:45 PM.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

Not sure if someone posted this already on GTRC yet or not... but

The Saturday, November 20th edition of Wheels in the Toronto Star had a nice headline in the Your View section about RHDs being safe. It included a pic of a 1990 Skyline and a reader reply to an article by Joel Cohen, TADA president.

I'm looking for the reader reply and headline now... can't find it online. If anyone has the Saturday Star from NOV 20, please check it.

The reply is to this article: http://www.wheels.ca/Columns/article/792554

Comment

we should make a mini documentary, and take 30sec/1min snippits from it and try and advertise with it. since I joined this forum, Ive always wanted to somehow see some sort of ad supporting our stand
                  Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Good lord, are these straight out lies?

"Japan (where RHD is the norm) has very strict rules for barring the use of older vehicles on its roads, which is why so many of them wind up being dumped onto the Canadian market, where our import restrictions are less strict than other countries."

Umm, not true whatsoever. These guys are unbelievable.
                    Sign up for GTRC Premium Membership and get 2 of the new GT-R Canada stickers!
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-skyline-discussion/45662-gtrc-premium-membership.html#post437410

Comment

Anything for a story, right?
                      ...don't drink and ebay
                      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by spd-dmn View Post
                        I'm looking for the reader reply and headline now... can't find it online. If anyone has the Saturday Star from NOV 20, please check it.

The reply is to this article: http://www.wheels.ca/Columns/article/792554
                        Found it, here you go: http://www.wheels.ca/article/792649
                        1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                        Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

^^ sweet

thanks

it was definitely nice to see that headline in print

Comment

That's awesome! Finally some good press!
                            ...don't drink and ebay
                            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

It's good to see a positive story put out regarding RHD vehicles. Joel Cohen makes some pretty big statements in his article and I for one don't think there is much evidence to support his claims. I really hope that Canada does not ban RHD vehicles from the road...I only just started my build haha. I'm pretty sure my 2.0L doesn't produce as much pollution as some of the current rig rocket trucks driving around in Alberta (just saying).

On the topic of safety, I would be very suprised if LHD vs RHD makes any difference at all. I may not take certain left turns the same in my skyline but I'm pretty sure that all drivers are most vulnerable (and liable) when turning left (LHD cars included). Someone wanna back me up on that?

Comment

Working...
                              X