Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North America Imports, Its Slowly Slipping Away, Spread the word, Discuss & Educate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papadirty View Post
    I didn't read all this word for word but I'd like to just throw it out there that these kinda things could change over night. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) but my FS/HE instructor showed us how gun laws changed and why they are the way their are. I think this same kinda thing could happen with RHD, little changes here and there and all of a sudden their is a all out ban on importing RHD cars.

What I'm saying here is if we don't keep our heads out of the sand now and make sure it's known who we are, what we drivem, and what we stand for. Eventually they'll walk all over us.
    It seems like RightDrive is fighting that battle for us. It is probably better this way, having a consistent and well tempered voice for the RHD community presenting relevant facts is always superior to a bunch of people yelling and making emotional pleas regarding an issue.

Also I have not been to IVOAC for a while but does anyone know if they are doing anything regarding this issue? Matty is RightDrive working with them?
    1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
    Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
      It seems like RightDrive is fighting that battle for us. It is probably better this way, having a consistent and well tempered voice for the RHD community presenting relevant facts is always superior to a bunch of people yelling and making emotional pleas regarding an issue.

Also I have not been to IVOAC for a while but does anyone know if they are doing anything regarding this issue? Matty is RightDrive working with them?
      Agreed. You know how relieved I am to hear the Feds chose to go to RightDrive? Can you imagine if they want to one of these fly-by-night, junk dealer resellers out there (and you all know a few of these I'm sure)? Holy crap what an impression it would have made!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
        Federal government sent people down to our dealership for a study a few weeks ago. We havent said much yet but it went well. That's all I will say for now. Results should be out in later March or April I would assume.
        Very nice to see. You guys seem to be the only place (importer) that is actively involved in all these issues and not just griping about them.
        Way to go and keep it up. I will personally drive both my RHD's the 3 hours to your place to do my spring maintenance. You give, I give.

Originally posted by JZ View Post
        You have to face the fact that there's also a demographic associated with righties. There was a reason why in 2004 when I started the "post your intro here" thread I purposely asked for race I was curious whether GTRs and Skylines would be owned by predominently young asian dudes. Before 2004, all rhd's imported into Canada were mostly smelly, dirty old Triumphs, Austin Healeys and Jags. Small numbers of an eccentric older enthusiast group that had an image of not being able to hurt a fly. Suddenly fire breathing GTRs, Supras, FD and the ilk flooded the scene with images of hotties leaning on underglowed cars in F&F and you see where the panic starts.

Bottom line: be proud of your rides, be humble and earn other motorists respect, and we will ride out this negativity just fine.
        I think this saays it all about the issues we are having. If all that was coming in were Delicas, Kei trucks, Pajeros, Figaros and the like I really doubt we would be bothered. As soon as the "real" performance cars became legal.....the steering wheel on the right side suddenly became an issue. We cannot play into the stereotype that John mentioned...or the insurance companies and whoever else has it in for us will win.

Keep it safe and legal and we should ride this out.

Rick
        '89 GTST - SOLD
        '92 GTR
        '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
        '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
        X