Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKIV: the cop could easily have given you a ticket for unnecessary noise but because you were cooperative and polite he let you drive away ticket free. This provides more proof that if you handle a situation with the police (or anyone really) in a polite and mature manner you will likely have a good outcome.
    1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
    Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Nismoist View Post
      MKIV: the cop could easily have given you a ticket for unnecessary noise but because you were cooperative and polite he let you drive away ticket free. This provides more proof that if you handle a situation with the police (or anyone really) in a polite and mature manner you will likely have a good outcome.
      Thanks Nismoist,

I never face police with the mindset that I'm about to get fined. I try to cooperate knowing all my validation/insurance/ownership is legitimate, and hope for the best. I'm glad I didn't get the unnecessary noise ticket because two of my friend's who drive Honda's just got one this month
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

When it involve ur car minus squealing the tires it's a improper muffler fine..trust me got 2 now hahahahah lol

Comment

Myself and four others on a cruise on some local twisty roads about a year ago, driving slow because we're stuck behind a lifted bro truck. No biggie, we were done for the night anyway. I was rear of the pack, and can't tell who's behind me because of tint and dark road with no light.

Suddenly, several police cars coming from other direction block road with lights on. Suddenly, car behind me lights up too.

Me = cop =

WAT

cop walks around wrong side of car, corrects himself, walks around back to my side

Evening sir, noticed everyone was driving awfully slowly tonight, have you had anything to drink?
          No sir, just out for a drive with some friends, guy in the Miata up ahead just finished a 6 speed swap and he wanted to test it out
          Cool, so just out having a cruise? Is the truck with you?
          No sir, we just came off of "such and such" road, we yielded to him and now he's in front
          Okay, so just a nice slow cruise huh? Best way to do it, I do the same on my bike
          cool

We then were given the okay (including the truck) to continue on. As I drive by the three cops talking on the side of the road I wish them good night and hear one of em say "you sure the truck wasn't drunk?"

The cop was behind me for quite some time on that road, and I had no idea it was a cruiser. I was even rev matching and occasional heel toeing on some of the tighter corners just because. No mention of that. No mention of my exhaust, which has nothing but a relatively unrestricted muffler. No resonators or anything else.

Maybe it helps that I'm 25, compared to other Skyline owners who are younger and therefor more likely to get the attention of the police, but I've never been hassled, even when I was pulled over. The correct attitude goes a long way as well. yes sir, no sir (or mam), the usual courtesy things. Saves mucho trouble when the cop feels like the person they are dealing with respects them and their authority.

Fist OUT

Comment

I love the little faces u used to describe yourself vs.police .. Well played..over and out

Comment

Closed at request of OP.
              sigpic
              The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Working...
              X