Section C ( full coverage) insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section C ( full coverage) insurance

does anyone know which insurance company does full coverage in alberta that doesnt rape you?

State farm has been awesome for me, although I don't have full covergage, but it 60 buxs a month, and have never needed an inspection, 4 rhd in the past couple years, they just want to take pics of it

Comment

I'm with Co-Operators. $130/mo full coverage (2 speeding tix). Very affordable if you ask me.

Comment

...my lawd, one does not simply complain about alberta insurance rates!!

!!
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I know, I see some post of ontairo prices and its crazy, not sure if drivin a skyline is worth that much to me, I'm sure it'll probably go up here sometime,then I'll swap the rb into something else

Comment

My insurance just dropped me in Quebec, and now my broker is trying to get me on Universelle (Facility equivalent) at 3000$ a year instead of the 650$ I was paying.

I love being thrown in the same boat as drunk drivers just because it's RHD. I'm shopping around but no way I'm paying that much, I'll sell the car before that.
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I got quoted $6000 for the year through facility which was the ONLY source of insurance I would obtain being a young driver of a RHD car. Worked out to be $573/month. It's really sad that I can't enjoy something I value so much until I'm older.
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Hagerty
                $550 a year in ontario

Gotta be old and have a different car insured as a daily.
                1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                  Hagerty
                  $550 a year in ontario

Gotta be old and have a different car insured as a daily.

How long have you been with them? Is it possible they may have changed their policy on RHDs? I tried getting that insurance since I fall exactly within their requirements but the broker for Hagerty in Quebec (RPB Insurance) told me they don't do RHDs....

Comment

I'm with Hagerty also on their silver wheels plan. I'm 29 and and this is my second rhd with them. Hagerty's only stipulations with RHD which I got in writing from them were:
                    1. no 4 doors (they're not considered collectible, there goes my evo5)
                    2.modifications are no problem under the hood and the body but it must be in good condition throughout.
                    3. Appraisal is not required but getting one done and using those pics as well as the report doesn't hurt. I sent mine in valued only at 6500 and it was no issue.

Comment

^this is why my cars goin away now till im old enough. 3 more years, Its gonna be even better then.
                      Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

5.5 years....maaan
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Well I tried calling back the broker for Hagerty in Quebec (RPB Insurance) and they said Hagerty doesn't do RHDs from Japan anymore.

Maybe Hagery has a different policy for Ontario...I dunno. But if they do it's stupid as hell.

I honestly think they have a blacklist on their desk...they ask what the car is, pause for 3 seconds, then say they don't do it.

I told them other members had Skylines with them and they said they probably got insured in the first months before Hagerty decided to change their policy (in Quebec at least).
                          Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 10-09-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

What's the consensus on using State Farm? I was with them before but now use Wawanesa Brokers and they've been fine with my Camaro's, GTI's etc. I haven't asked about the Skyline yet however. Any of you use Wawanesa?

Comment

bumping this thread because of last question about wawanesa.

I just asked my local insurer KBM and they use wawanesa.

They said a BNR32 for me, 28, no recent tickets, liability only was $519/yr for pleasure use and 5km to work one way.

I don't think I'll do this if I get a GTR and will try to find full coverage for under $1000/yr.
                              Last edited by Special_K; 07-20-2013, 07:57 PM.
                              BNR32, AE86, MX73(project for sale), RN130

Comment

Working...
                              X