Crossing the border??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing the border??

I'm sure this topic has been covered before but what are the rules for crossing the border into the states? sorry for the noob question!

Lots of threads on this... please do a search. And you won't have an issue. If its registered in Canada and has plates. Youre fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

i also am interesting in this question since my car is not where near being street legal, are they dicks about modified cars? and is their such a thing as too low?

btw not trying to jack your thread, why not add the questions to cover all the problems that could arise!
      89 r32 sedan

Comment

for others who dont want to search i found this,

sucks we can get in more "trouble" just kuz of our cars, ah well, when i go to a car show next year to cali obviously im taking my skyline, but i'll have probly 6 other "show" cars, so it might be more proof were together and actually going for a road trip and car show.

but totally agree with everything in the link i posted, be respectful no matter what they say to you, gotta be nice or else they will make your life hell.
        89 r32 sedan

Comment

I cross every week no issue. They don't care, they care more about what your doing than your 20 year old nissan

Comment

true ^
            Over the last 3 years I've crossed in numerous of my RHD cars, over 50 times... generally for picking up packages, shopping, car shows, etc. Didn't really have problems from the US side. Actually some of the guards were cool asking questions general question about the cars.

Never had an issue. Just one time when this guy did a walk around my car and was up in my face, though I was up to something lol.

Comment

Sweet thanks for the post magular!!

Comment

i just went to chicago with mine and had no problem getting across. this was even at 1 in the morning with 4 other cars.
                Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

It never, ever matters what you got going on. It ALWAYS matters as to what kind of day the boarder guard is having. There could be red flags and he/she could let it go because of the good vibe going on. There could be NOTHING to be concerned about and you get the anal probe only because the guard is having a sh1t day and you remind him/her of someone they hate. It's that random, and they are GOD (and most really believe that).

Jon.
                  Last edited by Dragon Humper; 10-18-2012, 02:59 PM.
                  Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

They denied me last week.

Comment

they denied me crossing in Niagara and their official reason was because I had a temp registration and didn't think it met the standards for US streets but the real reason was they thought I was going to sell it. I was polite but they were just total douchebags who thought they were gods
                      BNR32, AE86, MX73(project for sale), RN130

Comment

Originally posted by Special_K View Post
                        they denied me crossing in Niagara and their official reason was because I had a temp registration and didn't think it met the standards for US streets but the real reason was they thought I was going to sell it. I was polite but they were just total douchebags who thought they were gods
                        That was your problem. In the east there is more shady sh1t going on with VIN swaps and sneaking stuff in, this has been going on since long before the JDM issues. They know that, and HomeLand Security is worse than ever, they think this kind of stuff is a threat to America (and that's no joke). In the end, JDM or not, if they don't like you.....

If you have ever been turned away, and they ask you 10 years later if you have ever been turned away, you better say yes. They know.

Jon.
                        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

denied

I just got denied this past weekend.............was told I was a high risk of selling my car. After an hour of waiting at the inspection, them searching thru my car including my satchel (which was closed ) and them literally finding nothing, they turned me around.

Odd thing is.... I went the week before with zero issues..........

Comment

^^^ are you a Canadian Citizen? or here on a Visa?
                            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                              ^^^ are you a Canadian Citizen? or here on a Visa?

here on a work permit till Feb 2015 but in process of getting my PR.

Think that had something to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                              X