Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: Group Tuning by Endless-R Japan

So, Im just wondering.

I know many Canadian GTR owners use Power FC as tuning is pretty straight forward. But i thought id put a feeler out on this.

Endless-R Japan have been tuning GT-Rs since 1987 They have been a HKS Powershop since then too.

I can get more on the history if you are interested. and their record holding, Think i remember them holding the fastest HKS Hi-Deck drag car for 6 year or something like that ill clarify and post again.

Anyway so the deal would be that they would fly to Canada, and charge by the Day not by the car, they work from 10am to 9am 1hr for a lunch brake and they can map (properly) 3 cars a day. Its a great opportunity to get some tuning done for Canadian fuel etc.

Anyway im just putting this idea forward to see who would be interested.

This is for East coast members, and we will need to rent out a 4WD Dyno for a while (KVR?)

If there is sufficient interest i can talk with them more and let you guys know. Pricing etc.

Websites:
    http://www.endless-r.com/ (English site with online shop)

http://www.endless-r.co.jp (Japanese site)

Just Fyi, KVR's Mustang dyno doesn't agree with attessa. They will need to pull the awd fuse to do it, so basically any rwd dyno will work.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

ah i didnt know, Doesnt Fourstar have an AWD Dyno too ?

Comment

wow 20 years experience with the GTR, I would be interested, maybe they could do a stop on the west coast too if we had enough people interested here.

Comment

I can ask for you, but i couldnt organize their stay...well i might be able to hmm...have a good contact at the Sutton Place on Burrard St, but ill ask the 1st if they are willing.

Again just a feeler, but id like to focus on the East coast for now.

Comment

east cost where?

east coast like, montreal? or east coast like, somewhere in nlfd?
            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

I would do it if in the GTA.
              91 GTR Gunmetal
              My attorneys have advised me not to make any statements at this time

Comment

Sorry guys i keep forgetting Canada is so big (lived on small islands 90% of my life )

Right now looking around the Ottawa Area. not that far from Toronto.

Comment

I can do ottawa
                  91 GTR Gunmetal
                  My attorneys have advised me not to make any statements at this time

Comment

i'm from gatineau so I'm in if they can came

Comment

nice so far we have about 4-5 people, i think for it to be really worth it we should look for about 10 people this way spread the work over maybe a week ?

They have told me that if we can find a place that lets us use their workshop too they are happy to do installs etc, once of their race cars went to Sweden and they did a full engine install in 2 days so you know, something to think about for people that may have some work they want done.

Again this is mainly just a feeler, if we can get the people and more importantly a place to rent out.

Comment

Guys who are interested why type of EM are you guys using?

Ive talked with Endless-R and ive let them know that to my knowledge most people run the Power FC, Their response was, that the 20x20 mapping on the Power FC is pretty bad for GT-Rs (being high RPM) they can map for them but they told me if people wanted they are happy to bring over F ConV Pros and map them for Canadian Fuel (the 32/32 mapping is much more advanced and much safer for these cars) . But thats your choice, they are merely giving me the info and im passing it on to you. They said they will tune on Power FC but they will inspect the car and the level of mechanical tune and would want a full spec of the car and let you know if they are willing to commit to tune the car.

The overall thing being, that they dont want to get anyone in to a situation where their EM inst up to par to their realistic goals for the car to run safely, smoothly and without issues.

Do people think thats fair?

Comment

So, where are you at with that project ?
                          1990 Nismo GtR #283
                          354hp - 292 ft-lbs
                          -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

Comment

interested, But wat kinda cost are we talking about? ball park it, if you can.. than let me know

Comment

Hey Guys

Sorry about the long dead-ness of this, but currently there are a few things I am dealing with personally and have not had the full time to dedicate to this, ill be back in Canada in a few days, and im still in touch with Endless-R, and they are still very happy to fly out and do tuning.

Once im back in Canada ill get an update for everyone.

Im also going to talk with KVR to use their dyno and see what the rental will be like. Since we can tune with RWD only it should be fine. (Unless anyone knows of another AWD Dyno we can rent out near the ottawa area pm me.)

There is also some cool things that im trying to hook up for all us East coast Skyline owners and Endless-R so dont worry i havent given up!

Anyway, ill post again within the next week.

Sorry for the long delay!! Life throws some crappy things at you sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X