No announcement yet.

RB30 Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're talking $1000 for the adapter kit (like I said it's expensive, but it actually works properly and comes with the internal oil pickup already setup properly).

Then around $1000 for the block - most of which will be freight cost. Once we have an idea of how many people are interested we can look at any extra stuff that needs to be done in NZ. If we get 20 people wanting the blocks I'm sure we can drop the price a fair bit too......

All we really need are the short blocks, so for an extra $200 or $300 I'm sure we can definitely have the heads pulled and the motors checked out properly.......

If we only get 5 people obviously the freight is going to add up and they will end up being more than $1000 a piece......... I'm thinking 20ft container is going to be the easiest way to ship.
    1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
    ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Mike; I miss-read the first post. Do you have any pictures or more details on the kit?

Personally, I think it would be worth it to get the blocks checked. Since the head has no value to us (or does it?), we might be able to save on shipping costs if just the shortblocks are shipped, offsetting the cost to check the blocks. Just a thought.

Dan
      Dan Hofman
      DnA Garage - the performance gene
      www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

I think the heads value is priced per pound

This is the sump adapter kit I've been thinking about - they're working on a package price for me at the moment.

The motors are likely to be coming from NZ though, and I've also contacted Rob at RIPS as he's capable of supplying everything we want - I'm just not sure if he's interested or not.

If we can get a container out of him, we'll be able to put everything he makes on the group buy then essentially........
        1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
        ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
          RB30 is a square motor. Stroke is 86mm. How do you know you can safely overbore to 87.5mm
          RB26 can be bored to 87.5mm safely, I suppose the RB30 could be different but I assume its the same.
          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
          1969 Cooper S. Restored
          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Honestly the only thing that kinda scares me about this group buy is not being sure of the quality of the block I am gonna get.

They will just be coming from japanese junkyards ?

RB30...N1 block....ahhhhhh dont know
            1990 Nismo GtR #283
            354hp - 292 ft-lbs
            -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

Comment

So any news about the adapter kit package deal ?
              1990 Nismo GtR #283
              354hp - 292 ft-lbs

Comment

Ironically enough, I blew my engine yesterday. So, is the adapter deal going to happen ?
                1990 Nismo GtR #283
                354hp - 292 ft-lbs

Comment

rb30

hi iwould be interested in the rb30 motor as well as a n adaptor kit let me know wats up and cost
                  what up keep the spool up and the wheels turning

Comment

rb30 block i'm in !!!
                    DrifterToyz Team

AV FABRICATION (514) 885-2884
                    TK RACE HEADS (514) 920-0094

Runing me Broke RB power FTMFW !!!
                    HELLAFLUSH offset is everything !!!

Comment

Just concerned about the quality.
                      If there's SOME form of guarantee that I'm not going to get a thousand dollar paperweight I might be interested.
                      Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by EtienneGignac View Post
                        Honestly the only thing that kinda scares me about this group buy is not being sure of the quality of the block I am gonna get.

They will just be coming from japanese junkyards ?

RB30...N1 block....ahhhhhh dont know

RB30's were made in Australia mate....So Australian junkyards lol! There is lots of info on Australian sites about these engines. I got a block from some random guy in Australia off ebay and the thing was mint!!! All I need to do is drop new internals in. It was a single cam N/A engine the chances of having major damage to the block is wayy smaller than any turbo skyline engine. Plus stock rods are good to 6 or 700hp and so is the crank. lots of guys in australia making 400 horse with stock rb25 heads and turbo and stock block

Everything bolts up for the most part Eg: Oil pump, water pump, PS pump, alternator. The only thing people have problems with is keeping AWD and this guy is selling kits to adapt it. Wanna give the supra guys a run for there money heres your chance. Not to mention you will have 2 extra wheels catching grip then them.

Comment

I keep thinking they are from japan....:hit_head:

But this is an old thread...I don't think it's gonna happen.

Too bad.
                          1990 Nismo GtR #283
                          354hp - 292 ft-lbs

Comment

Working...
                          X